Goonhammer Wild Astraeus Testing

Lemondish

And part 2!

https://www.goonhammer.com/hear-me-out-rob-big-yellow-tank-part-2/

Not much changed, aside from the supporting cast. Much of the discussion about how to adjust the list further was about shifting the Primaris captain to a smash cap, but I'm actually a little interested in hearing if the number of stalker Intercessors is actually worth it. Could greater mobility from those squads running rifles or autos be more valuable?

Edited by Lemondish

I took 3 squads of stalkerceptors to a tournament this weekend. They’re very, very good. At one point a unit shot 9 wounds off an Eldar plane by itself. Vehicles under T8 are in so much trouble when those D3 ap-3 shots come in. People complained it was like having thunder hammers thrown at you.

I took 3 squads of stalkerceptors to a tournament this weekend. They’re very, very good. At one point a unit shot 9 wounds off an Eldar plane by itself. Vehicles under T8 are in so much trouble when those D3 ap-3 shots come in. People complained it was like having thunder hammers thrown at you.

Wicked visual - going to replace all my stalker rifle Intercessors with throwing hammers now. 

So if T7 and below is handled by line infantry pretty decently, then I imagine the Astraeus would gleefully destroy everything else.