Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bringing Horus Heresy Models to 40k (Homebrew Rules)

Homebrew Rules Horus Heresy 8th Edition

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,940 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Hi all, just in case you missed my post in the Legion Bombard topic, I'm issuing a challenge to hobbyists to help create rules for Heresy Era units that don't currently have rules in 40k.

The end goal is to create a usable rule set for cool models, that will hopefully be acceptable for your groups to try out.

Come on down and join the discussion!
  • Black Blow Fly, Noserenda, RedFox and 3 others like this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Overwhelming Odds

Overwhelming Odds

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 255 posts

I am in.  But not in the creation of rules.  I will help test rules out.  I happen to have played numerous games of 40K with 30K Mechanicum units.  The idea actually came from Bolter & Chainsword, over a year ago.  I have a complete Mechanicum army and got so tired of waiting on GW to make rules for them.  In my research I came across this forum topic:

http://www.bolterand...-edition-rules/

I can personally testify that these rules are very balanced and reasonable.  Not overpowered and very well executed along the lines of theme and staying parallel to 40K Adeptus Mechanicus

I will be doing a battle report with them in two weeks.  They are my 2nd favorite army.  Hopes this helps out a lot of the 30K Mechanicum players!

V/r,

Dan

Edited by Overwhelming Odds, 13 January 2020 - 02:46 AM.

logo facebook2

Where military insights are applied
to Warhammer 40K.

overwhelmingodds40k.com

twitter.com/40kOdds

https://www.facebook.com/dantesorogue

Contact Info: dhogue1313@gmail.com or daniel.hogue@outlook.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Homebrew Rules, Horus Heresy, 8th Edition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users