Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Siege of Terra: Sons of the Selenar

Siege of Terra

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

RedFurioso

RedFurioso

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts

60040181714_SonsofSelenar01.jpg

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Sons-Of-The-Selenar-Ltd-Ed-2019

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,043 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Is that the moon?
  • RedFurioso likes this

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 932 posts

Makes sense, given that's where the novel occurs.

• RedFurioso likes this

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,424 posts
I don't recall the novel being mentioned on the pre-order preview last week.
  • RedFurioso likes this

mkbKIlr.png

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,362 posts

Oh great, another Siege of Terra Ltd Edition going up for sale at the same time as a massive Sisters release that is guaranteed to crash the site.

Also, where was the announcement for this? There was nothing up on WHC that I can remember. I really hope I can get one...

Edited by m_r_parker, 10 January 2020 - 10:36 PM.

• Knockagh and RedFurioso like this
gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts

They didn't announce it. It was leaked a couple days ago. I believe BL/GW is intentionally not announcing it so they prevent overload of the page. And maybe they're thinking hardcore fans will "somehow" get the info?. It's a shame, as it's usually the loyal fanbase who suffers at the end and have to pay ridiculous eBay prices.

• RedFurioso likes this

Perry

Perry

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 919 posts

Oh great, another Siege of Terra Ltd Edition going up for sale at the same time as a massive Sisters release that is guaranteed to crash the site.

Also, where was the announcement for this? There was nothing up on WHC that I can remember. I really hope I can get one...

Oh no not again, hopefully less demand on the website this time.
  • RedFurioso likes this

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,043 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Call me crazy....but why don’t they do pre-orders of LE books? 

that way they have a reasonable expectation of demand ahead of time and there’s no BS about having to time your orders.

yea it’s the publishing industry, but it’s also the freakin’ 2nd decade of the 21st century.

• Knockagh and RedFurioso like this

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,024 posts

that way they have a reasonable expectation of demand ahead of time and there’s no BS about having to time your orders.

yea it’s the publishing industry, but it’s also the freakin’ 2nd decade of the 21st century.

Preach it brother.
I for one wouldn’t care about waiting a few months on a book. I’m usually that far behind in my reading it would hardly matter. Pre orders is the way to go.
  • Redrandy93 and RedFurioso like this

G_R_H

G_R_H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts
Well that was anti-climatical...

Edited by G_R_H, 11 January 2020 - 08:41 AM.

• RedFurioso likes this

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,274 posts

Preach it brother.
I for one wouldn’t care about waiting a few months on a book. I’m usually that far behind in my reading it would hardly matter. Pre orders is the way to go.

I'm not sure about this so many years later, but didn't they try this model for Kyme's Scorched Earth, way back when, and it delayed the release so much that the twist of Vulkan being alive was delivered later than, y'know, Vulkan Lives was on the market, despite being up for ordering a couple months earlier? I seem to recall discussing this on Warseer at the time.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,804 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

It’s up now in the uk. 

• Nineswords likes this

Perry

Perry

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 919 posts
No problems with the UK webstore, nice and smooth

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,362 posts

And I've got one - £40 is a bit step considering how slim it is (can't be more than 150-200 pages)

• RedFurioso likes this
gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts

Pre-order would also mean it wouldn't be limited, at least not nicely round number 1250 or 2500. Having limited edition out also boosts the sales of the later released hardback/paperback.

It does look slim and if they are going to follow the previous HH novellas, it's going to be probably around 128 pages (between 27K-35K words, that's less than a third of the regular novel). I think the asking price is too much.

Edited by theSpirea, 11 January 2020 - 09:43 AM.

aa.logan

aa.logan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 385 posts
  • Faction: Kartash’s pious stink
I’ve done my usual order of a copy via the NZ webstore and then frantic and ultimately needless refreshing of the UK version. End result- copy, as ever, secured.

Edited by aa.logan, 11 January 2020 - 09:42 AM.

• RedFurioso likes this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,024 posts

Pre-order would also mean it wouldn't be limited, at least not nicely round number 1250 or 2500. Having limited edition out also boosts the sales of the later released hardback/paperback.

I’m not overly concerned about it being limited. I like the nicer edition regardless of how many others have it. It could be limited by time.

Yes DC your right it was tried previously and it was poorly coordinated in the release schedule. No reason why GW couldn’t just improve their timing

mydrum

mydrum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
  • Faction: Orks

I’m not overly concerned about it being limited. I like the nicer edition regardless of how many others have it. It could be limited by time.

Yes DC your right it was tried previously and it was poorly coordinated in the release schedule. No reason why GW couldn’t just improve their timing

They’re hoping everyone has forgotten how bloated and ridiculous all the novellas were for the regular HH series; Aurelian was the only one really worth it (maybe The Purge), just my opinion.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,804 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

They’re hoping everyone has forgotten how bloated and ridiculous all the novellas were for the regular HH series; Aurelian was the only one really worth it (maybe The Purge), just my opinion.

Brotherhood of the Storm and the Wolf King were both awesome too. 

• Sandlemad, mydrum and aa.logan like this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,024 posts
I liked quite afew of the novellas. Garro vow of faith, Ravenlord, wolf king and the purge I can remember being nice little reads. I think this will be more substantial than any of these, but that’s just a guess. Cybernetica was a real disappointment
  • DarkChaplain and RedFurioso like this

caladancid

caladancid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 688 posts

I guess I have just missed that it is not one of the 8 main books.  As much as I liked some of the novellas for the HH series, I thought the entire point of doing this new series was to just streamline to the end.

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,274 posts

I liked quite afew of the novellas. Garro vow of faith, Ravenlord, wolf king and the purge I can remember being nice little reads. I think this will be more substantial than any of these, but that’s just a guess. Cybernetica was a real disappointment

God, I hated Cybernetica. I really, really, really despise it. So much so that I'd argue it's one of the worst things in the series.

As for Sons of the Selenar, I'm rather curious how it'll turn out. The subject matter is interesting enough and it'll have to tie various hints and plotstrings together. Wouldn't surprise me to see Lucius either.

• Tymell likes this

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,026 posts

Brotherhood of the Storm and the Wolf King were both awesome too. 

Agreed, Wolf King was quite a bit better than the Wolfsbane novel and I'd hold that Brotherhood of the Storm is quietly the best of Wraight's Vth legion works.

• Redrandy93 likes this

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,990 posts
Brotherhood of the Storm is arguably the strongest HH novella out there.
  • Redrandy93 and Tymell like this

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,274 posts

Arguably indeed. Personally, I can take it or leave it. It was decent, but nothing I've really thought back to much outside of when I was reading the other White Scars books.

I'd take Executioner over it any day.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Siege of Terra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users