Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Siege of Terra: Sons of the Selenar

Siege of Terra

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Roomsky

Roomsky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 933 posts

In fairness to Mcneill, I doubt a single novella as wrap-up was what he planned back when he wrote Seventh Serpent. He chose to focus on resolution for his crew, and while abandoned plothreads and rushed explanations rankle, I think his priority was in the right place. Fury of Magnus may also elaborate a bit on Magnus' interest, who knows?

• DarkChaplain likes this

My webcomic, "Human," can be read here.

[WARHAMMER IS FOR EVERYONE]

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 816 posts

My biggest annoyance with the ending:

Spoiler

It's just a wet rectal venting, in my eyes. There were plenty of missions for the Sysypheum crew to do in the Sol System - heck, they could've gone and did a thing or two for Mars, since that planet was basically forgotten, and the Iron Hands are supposedly pretty close to the whole machine thingything, but... nah.

At this point, I'm starting to think that McNeill only ever resorts to the same handful of characters because he can't keep track of more than those, if even that. He routinely forgets aspects of his own stories and character development, doesn't cross-check other overlapping works, doesn't invent compelling new stuff anymore, often retcons things or plays loose with the fluff... Honestly, a lot of it speaks of a lack of diligence and planning on his end.

Maybe if the Alpha Legion ever gets proper 40k lore, we'll see them put it to better use?

Edited by Lucerne, 26 June 2020 - 09:17 PM.

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Siege of Terra

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users