Legio Armatura - The Gorgons march to war. FOR THE EMPEROR!

OK here is a rough sample of my colour scheme for my Legio...

As they are called the Gorgons I was thinking of using a Medusa symbol but i think it would be over complicated to do into a transfer so my next best idea was the Gorgons from D&D so like...

But again too much for a transfer so my compromise was this.

Easy to do as a transfer and ties in with the Gorgon theme...

My other issue is I started my Knights as House Terryn but the transfers have me worried about the colour scheme for the HH as it might be pretty different from the 40k version.

I suppose the questions are...

1. Stay the course with my own Unique Legio? (Get my transfers made and use various symbols from the standard Titan sheets)

2. Stay the course with my Knights (I really do like them)?

3. Just go Artarus and Vornherr as it has that nice transfer sheet?

Just fo throw the idea out there, why not Astorum with Terryn? Your knights are already Terryn and Astorum both look great and have good rules. Painting the scheme is really fun and there’s loads of different stuff you can do.

I know, I would say that, wouldn’t I? But I’m considering using Terryn because they go with my Astorum. The same logic applies in reverse, I think.

Just fo throw the idea out there, why not Astorum with Terryn? Your knights are already Terryn and Astorum both look great and have good rules. Painting the scheme is really fun and there’s loads of different stuff you can do.

I know, I would say that, wouldn’t I? But I’m considering using Terryn because they go with my Astorum. The same logic applies in reverse, I think.

My issue with Astorum is the flames... I am not a good enough painter to do good flames.

As with the Medusa idea I could go for an eye but that might be too close to the eye of Horus.

Edited by Wolf Guard Einar

Maybe I should do a tutorial on flames. They aren’t really all that difficult. And you don’t really have to do them anyway. Astorum also use simpler lines, check patterns, those weird astronomical symbols (which the transfer sheet provides a lot of) and other stuff.

To be honest I’m not going to pretend that it’s an easy scheme to do. It’s fun because you get to do all sorts of techniques, and it’s very satisfying to pull off, but it’s complicated. You do spend time on every single panel. It works for me when I’m painting models just for fun but it’s less good at times like now, when I’m trying to get a bunch of stuff finished for the deadline of the Legio Walks event.

I tend to agree that an eye would be too similar to the eye of Horus. But the issue with the bull’s head is that it just looks like a bull’s head.

I’ve never painted icons like chapter or legio badges. It sounds tricky to paint something regular multiple times. And the badges the existing Legios use are often seriously complicated, with heraldic beasts and the like in multicoloured designs. So for me it’s actually simpler to paint wiggly lines for flames and then slap on an Astorum starburst than it would be to create my own Legio and have to paint on a badge.

Well I could make it simpler.

It would mean name changes to the Legio name of Gorgons.

I could go with the Bull Head transfers - So some Taurus type name not sure on a name thou?

I could go with (White) Dragon Head transfers - Maybe called Ivory Dragons or something?

I could go with Lion heads - Some Lion type name

I could do the Eagle/Hawk head...

I would also consider Hydras and use the Alpha Legions FW Transfers.

So name suggestions would be nice :smile.:

I really want to keep the colours of Incubi Darkness, Rakarth Flesh, Ret Gold (Agrax shade).

Edited by Wolf Guard Einar

If you’ve got a bunch of black and white titans with bull’s heads on, how about the “Friesians”?

No?

A bull’s head could illustrate a quality, like stubbornness or implacability, rather than an actual cow.

We shall shelf the Friesians idea :P LOL :)

Yeah that works just need to find rules to suit.