Shadow Forces in the Front Range

duz_

So sounds like there's a few expeditionary forces floating in the greater Denver area ;)

I just signed up for GenghisCon in Feb are any other Shadow Captains converging?

If not what events are you attending?

I have at least 6 models I need to paint for my list for the event. I've not played my Marines or this list since the new rules dropped so should be interesting.

Perhaps there's an opportunity for some training prior to these events. :tu:

Edited by duz_

Oh man, 22 tickets available (of 40) still as of this posting.

I was wondering where you got off to Duz! KC area to Denver area?

I've never been to GenghisCon, but this is really tempting. Turns out Feb 15/16 is great for my work schedule, so I wouldn't have to burn any PTO to go.

Hmmmm....

Link for the curious https://tabletop.events/conventions/genghiscon-2020/schedule/41

In the past (when I lived in Maryland) and I was no longer playing the game (only reading the fiction), I bought passes and went to the NoVA Open twice, just to watch and check out the vendors and I found it totally worth it - and I didn't even play. 

I also went and hung out at a tournament C&E was playing in Omaha and got to watch a few games as well. Even if you don't have a full list/or are prepared to play, to me its a lot of fun to watch. It's usually easy to find a spare chair, and any time I have asked people if they mind a spectator, I have never been told no :) 

Then again, I probaly watch about 10+ hours of Tabletop Tactics/SS82 on Youtube/VOD weekly, so maybe there is something wrong with me :biggrin.:

I went to Genghis last year and had a blast!!  Good group off people and great prize support,  I ended up with best painted and got a 10 man squad of intercessors, Trajann Valoris and  a giant Beer Mug.  Sadly I wont be able to attend this year because I am already taking time off to go to LVO.  But I recommend this tournament esp if its your first one, the Denver scene is pretty chill and everyone is very welcoming.  On that note anyone in the Denver area is welcome to PM I'd love to catch a practice game or  even a nice beer and pretzels game!!

Cheers, 

Brian 

Edited by Entry1

I also went and hung out at a tournament C&E was playing in Omaha and got to watch a few games as well.

That was a good time. You got to watch me have no answer to Magnus and his (at the time) broken rerollable 3+ invuln save.

3+ Invulnerable Save ... and one wonders why the BobbyG Assback list became popular?

I’m curious what the beta testers response to that was that it passed through to publication. I mean somebody must have done the math right?

Wish I could afford to meet you guys in Denver. I’m going to be lucky if I’m ready to start going to tournaments by summer time. I definitely am going to Adepticon in 21.

I also went and hung out at a tournament C&E was playing in Omaha and got to watch a few games as well.

That was a good time. You got to watch me have no answer to Magnus and his (at the time) broken rerollable 3+ invuln save.

It's okay, it was balanced out by watching your glorious Fire Raptor deal out immense death.

That and that gorgeous harlequin army (with all the dice as basing material)

Edit: 2021 Adepticon, huh? I smell a meet-up...

Edited by Shadow Captain Vyper

I am planning on Adepticon 2021 as well.

We should all enter the GT as a team. Call it BC Ravens.

That Harlies army with the dice was a friend of duz. He was supposed to come up too but something came up.

Edited by Claws and Effect

This thread is about Denver but if we are serious maybe if enough of us PM him or something, Race will let us pin a thread "Sons of Corax: Adepticon 21". I'm dead serious folks.

Au contrare.

Duz opened it to other events when he said: If not, what other events are you attending?

And I'm pretty sure any one of me, duz, or Race can pin things in this section. I'll leave it to one of them though, since I don't know how and do 99.9% of my posting via my phone.

Let us know if you sign up Archon

I do want to make it up to Cheyenne at some point too yall seem to host a few events and the town looks neat

Probably won't be going to the cash prize one. Those winner takes all events don't sit well with me.

• 2 weeks later...

I played a few games with the folks from Olympic Games out of Cheyenne at Genghis Kan last year they are great people!  It seems like they have a good group up there and if I remember right they pay on Thursday's at the store.  I plan on going to the event in Cheyenne in April because I cant swing Genghis in February due to work.  

Brian 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...