Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hive Fleet Goliath 1500 points

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,560 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

This is pretty much a fluffy/"excuse to field models I like" list for use in friendly games, but advice is always appreciated. Made using Blood of Baal and CA2019, so should be all up to date.

HIVE FLEET GOLIATH

Adaptations: Metamorphic Regrowth, Senses of the Outer Dark.

Warlord trait: Adaptive Physiology.

1500 Points:

Patrol Detachment

HQ:

"Scarlet Slattern"- Hive Tyrant with Adrenal Glands, Xenogenic Acid, Monstrous Rending Claws and Lash Whip and Monstrous Bonesword: 167 points.

"King Crimson"- Tyranid Prime with Lash Whip and Bonesword, Deathspitter, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs and Flesh Hooks: 84 points.

Elites:

3 Tyrant Guard with Crushing Claws: 147 points.

Troops:

5 Tyranid Warriors with Rending Claws, 4 Devourers and 1 Venom Cannon: 128 points.

30 Hormagaunts with Toxin Sacs: 210 points.

30 Hormagaunts with Toxin Sacs: 210 points.

Fast Attack:

30 Gargoyles: 150 points.

5 Tyranid Shrikes with 2 sets of Scything Talons and Toxin Sacs: 125 points.

Heavy Support:

Screamer-Killer: 105 points.

“Harvestman”- Tyrannofex with Fleshborer Hive and Voracious Ammunition Adaptive Physiology: 174 points.

Notes:

>This is (as you've probably guessed) a melee-focused army.

>Aside from them seeming (to my uneducated mind) like the best options, I picked the adaptations to allow for maximum durability, both for theme (unkillable monsters are cool) and for game use (I doubt in a 1500 point game that anyone will bring anything to the table that will render them utterly useless, whilst also hopefully not being cheesy in the extreme.

>Some upgrades were chosen as "point sinks" (mainly Adrenal Glands). I'm sure I could put the points to better use, perhaps excising the Tyrant's Glands to give the Harvestman an Acid Spray instead?

>This list is obviously not going to win any tournaments, but hopefully it's not going to either fall apart in a stiff breeze or be unbearable to play against for anyone who hasn't brought a min-maxed netlist.

>I haven't planned out stratagems thus far.

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

I have an Instagram too, if you like that sort of thing!

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

IronDreddKnight

IronDreddKnight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts
The tyrant is equipped with two melee weapons, I’m guessing to cut costs worth the MRC. But I’d rather see you equip a gun + MRC and gain more play during the shooting phase. Also consider wings.

Tyrant guard should remain stock, plan A is that they’ there to tank wounds. Plan B is if they survive to make into combat. Prepare for plan A and keep them stock, talons and rending claws work fine for Plan B.

Primes are fine as long as you have plenty of warriors to buff. 5 is a bit on the low side, aim for a full unit and give it enhanced resistance (ignore ap-1/ap-2). Warriors should always make the 1p upgrade from a devourers to a death spitter. +1S and -1ap for only 1ppm is a great deal.

I don’t like to see any upgrades on hormagaunts, termagants or gargoyles. They die far too quickly to invest any more points. You’re generally better off just taking more models. Keep them stock and fill out the warriors.

I think I’ve mentioned this with you before about the voracious ammunition adaptation. It makes the Tfex a priority target. And while it’s walking across the table, the 18” range is going to struggle for range, before it gets shot off the bored. Now if you used a Tyranocyte to pod the Tfex in turn 2 you avoid foot slogging, you avoid incoming fire. And you can be in range. Try to give this guy catalyst when you can.

The biggest problem I see with the list, is the lack of turn 1 threat. But it’s difficult to change that without changing your unit choices. Hug cover for turn 1 and stay out LOS until your in position / range.

Edited by IronDreddKnight, 12 January 2020 - 07:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users