I made a few changes to the bunker.

The side details are a bit thicker,I thinned out the top ridge and I added a crystal in the center. I'll probably make 2-3 different crystal designs so there's some variety.

On the flat platform above the portal, I want to make some Necron statues that will fit there.

elTg0Wq.jpg

Wow, it's so big I didn't even notice it down there! Would be a very impressive centerpiece, but I guess it could be tall enough to cause issues, potentially. I don't know if smaller is better. It'll make some jaws drop for sure

Wow, it's so big I didn't even notice it down there! Would be a very impressive centerpiece, but I guess it could be tall enough to cause issues, potentially. I don't know if smaller is better. It'll make some jaws drop for sure

I'll probably reduce it in scale a bit, but I wanted it to evoke the pillars you see in a lot of Necron art. I'll be making a lot of other structures that aren't as large as well. This one is more of a showpiece, or objective terrain.

Id probably take off the lower piece too, the one that looks like a monolith base-plate. Makes it look a bit too much like an item someone put down, rather than a structure someone built there. Though maybe thats just me. ^^

Id probably take off the lower piece too, the one that looks like a monolith base-plate. Makes it look a bit too much like an item someone put down, rather than a structure someone built there. Though maybe thats just me. ^^

That feature is prominent in many structures in Necron art, it's part of the Necron design-language.

• 2 weeks later...

This is amazing! What are you building it with?

I use MAYA for the main object, but for high-poly work I bring it into Zbrush.

Sometimes I use Blender as well,since it's free and I probably won't continue my MAYA subscription.

I added a few more models to my Shapeways store, a couple of them were requested by some other forum members, like the Necro Pattern Lasgun and the Vostroyan Pattern Lasgun.

You can check them out here:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/wulfsheade-miniatures?sort=newest

lFK1Saq.jpg

5ruYelD.jpg

emP9e2w.jpg

UOYkHLD.jpg

I love the work ...The First one blew me away and your right it would be the ultimate necron centrepiece...ever  ,The second one is my favourite and does give the vibe of those (Dark) Towers.. The third one i'm sorry to say just seems like a blatant monolith base rip off and loses the tower vibe...:ermm: 

I'd love the second one as an Ultimate centre piece to fight over on a Necron controlled world...:wub: 

Cheers, Mithril 

I love the work ...The First one blew me away and your right it would be the ultimate necron centrepiece...ever  ,The second one is my favourite and does give the vibe of those (Dark) Towers.. The third one i'm sorry to say just seems like a blatant monolith base rip off and loses the tower vibe...:ermm:

I'd love the second one as an Ultimate centre piece to fight over on a Necron controlled world...:wub:

Cheers, Mithril 

There are only two models, the bunker and obelisk. I am making changes to them so they look more like the newer Necron models that were previewed.

Looks great thanks for sharing, just one quick question though: Are the models split for easy printing?

They are split into parts for printing, but depending on the size printer bed you have, you might need to do some additional slicing.

Edited by Wulfsheade

Here's a quick WIP pic of the Tomb Complex entrance. This could also be used as a main gate for a fortification as well.

The large rectangular areas on the front will be for separate glyph plates, so you can print them in clear material and use lighting for a glowing effect.

yvkO3VG.jpg

Edited by Wulfsheade