Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Faction: Adepta Sororitas

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

This thread will contain information about the Adepta Sororitas forces taking part in the campaign.

This post will act as a table of contents as material is added.

01. Practical Considerations

02. Starting Forces

03. Force Distribution

Edited by ThePenitentOne, 12 January 2020 - 05:43 AM.

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts

01: Practical Considerations

When I began designing this campaignin January 2019, I had a metal army of Sisters that was mostly painted as Order of our Martyred Lady. This is an old army, played from the Witch Hunters dex. My original idea, even then, had been that the holy units and the penitent units in would usually fight in separate groups. In the days of the Witch Hunter Dex, I did it by building two 1500 point armies that could unite into a single 3000 point army in times of great peril. In 8th, we have detachments.

Add to this the fact that we get order traits by detachment, and there's an even greater way to divide the penitent from the holy. I had thought that some of my unpainted metals might be painted as small detachments of other Orders. Well, time has gone by, and there are considerable differences in quality and scale that have caused me to reconsider. In fact, I'm no longer considering even separating the holy and penitent. Instead, I'm combining ALL of my existing models into a single Brigade of the Order of Our Martyred Lady. This Brigade will represent the entire roster of forces available when the campaign begins.

Reinforcements from the hive worlds in the Desdaemona system may become available due to story events, and once the story advances, reinforcements from the Convent Prioris may also be available. These reinforcements will be plastic models from different orders. The differences in scale and aesthetic will reinforce the isolation of the sisters who were trapped in the Desdaemona system since the Warp Storms descended toward the end of the Thorian Reformation.

What follows is the Brigade which represents the full starting roster of the Adepta Sororitas. A future post will break this Brigade into smaller detachments and Kill Teams and assign them to various territories.

Edited by ThePenitentOne, 18 January 2020 - 09:08 PM.

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts

02: Starting Forces

The List:

HQ:

Canoness Jahalla Athebraxis

Canoness Veera Stife

Missionary Lethos Mayhem