Order of the Cerulean Shroud

Dread

Amethyst is purple and their robes are turquoise.

I like the sound of Cerulean, which is a shade of blue, so it matches. Also, Chalice is quite common as an Order name; I know you said your order uses Ebon Chalice rules- are they a successor Order? If so, I can understand why you might want to keep Chalice.

But you could go with any other symbollic object if you weren't set on chalice. Order of the Cerulean Blade? The Cerulean Hymn? Cerulean Psalm?

You get the idea.

Edit: Ooh, actually like Crystal Chalice better than my own suggestion.

Edited by ThePenitentOne

Thanks guys. The armor is amethyst. Wasn't expecting the robes to be so prominent. I do like the suggestions. The Crystal Chalice is the best so far all tho I like the cerulean color idea and it sounds cool, dominating.

Here's a shot of my exorcists in progress.

20200112-000356.jpg

If you wanted to go Cerebral, you could have it tie into February or Aquarius seeing as Amethyst is the birthstone of that sign/month.

Or go deeper and tie into the Greek Amethystos meaning where the stone was believed to protect the wearer from drunkenness- so something to do with sobriety. You can have a saint that was known for turning wine into water!

Bang, now you got a chalice relic that miraculously turns wine into holy water. Used by Saint Serenity when Slaanesh devotees ran rampant through the Hive, the cities water turned to wine, forces depleting to drunkenness and dehydration; with the chalice she made the waters pure again and with the emperor's faithful, cast out and purged the heretics.

...Oh, none of that helps with the order name...

Edit: Wikipedia tells me that February comes from the Latin Februum meaning purification.

I feel a name that isn't just a colour would be cool.

Edited by Atrus

Just a few ideas based on the two colours you have on your models:

• Order of the Amethyst Chalice
  • Order of the Cerulean Shroud
  • Order of the Cerulean Robe
  • Order of the Amethyst Mantle
  • Order of the Cerulean Mantle
  • Order of the Amethyst Shield

I was going to suggest Cerulean but Dos beat me to it (three times) :P Don't forget that the name doesn't have to reflect the colours used, the dictionary is your oyster ;) Maybe as a different approach consider their temperament and doctrines etc, and see what name might fit there?

Thanks guys! All great suggestions. How does Angels of Retribution sound. No color there just a good ominous name. Order of the Amethyst Angels, Painkillers, Cerulean Angels? Edited by Dread

It's a good name, unfortuantely GW have already used it on a DA successor :P Not that this invaludates the name directly, but as they're an old and well known chapter it might end up with a bit too much mix up for them to feel your own (or stop people asking if they're Dark Angels...).

Use "Grail" in place of "Chalice," e.g., "Order of the Amethyst Grail"?

Order of the Cerulean Shroud

This suggestion reminds me of burial shrouds- a good way to give the Order an intimidating name, without sounding too edgy. Maybe have the order use an Imperial saint's burial shroud as a holy relic and namesake? Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Using retribution in the name might also make it awkward when fielding units of retributors. Unless you want to emphasize that aspect of fighting in the orders battle doctrine.

Looking at the list of official minor order names, they also seem to not use Angels in the names. That seems reserved for spacemarines, though obviously your minor order can adopt it anyways.

I'm happy to have another Cerulean order around, mine is the Order of the Cerulean Blade, based on an ancient relic blessed blade that is venerated by the order, and their colors are the First Crusade brown, blue/cerulean, and red of the Principality of Antioch. Awesome name too, Cerulean Shroud is sick!

Edited by WarriorFish
Double post content corrected

Well if I can get a magnifying glass and squint real hard, might try to do some face work on her. Time will tell. If I'd had an extra helmet, well. Age is getting the better of me as of late so simple is becoming the norm.

This topic is great for me as I’m actually painting a similar scheme. Purple armour, was going to go teal robes but went beige ultimately. Went through a load of synonyms for amethyst such as amaranthine and heliotrope but never settled on a name. I think cerulean shroud fits well. I’d post a pic of mine if I had a clue how to on b and c.

Wow the color is so close. Looks really good. Sent you a pm that should help.

20200113-075306.jpg

Forgot to post this with the other pic. Also need to come up with a name for her, not really but would be nice for fluff reasons. Been busy on the others but not pic worthy yet.

Edited by Dread