GW Advertising

UniWolf

GW seem to have really got their act together in recent years to get more people into the hobby.

Dont forget things like this:

https://scouts.org.uk/supporters/warhammer/

I was chatting to the manager of my local store about this, apparently it has gotten them tons of business and they even have a Warhmmaer hobby scout badge. He said this initiative has got lots of kids to try the game, he said something around about 100 locally.

I think Gw making a show or two in their Warhammer settings would be good advertising, much like star wars, G.I.Joe and everything else with a toy but I think it should aim a little higher. 

Like the Eisenhorn TV series, then? ;)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/17/heretic-traitor-rogue-inquisitor-tv-stargw-homepage-post-2/

I think Gw making a show or two in their Warhammer settings would be good advertising, much like star wars, G.I.Joe and everything else with a toy but I think it should aim a little higher. 

Like the Eisenhorn TV series, then? :wink:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/17/heretic-traitor-rogue-inquisitor-tv-stargw-homepage-post-2/

I did remember they had plans but I couldn't recall what they were. But yes just like that. if it's good and not just flashy. 

Saw the advert last night on a week old recording of "Phil and Kirstie Love it or list it" (Phil Spencer and Kirstie Allsopp help homeowners chose to sell or refurbish their home. for those not in the know) :happy.:

That's definitely aimed at the 'maybe the kids/grandkids would like that' demographic :biggrin.:

Saw the advert last night on a week old recording of "Phil and Kirstie Love it or list it" (Phil Spencer and Kirstie Allsopp help homeowners chose to sell or refurbish their home. for those not in the know) :happy.:

That's definitely aimed at the 'maybe the kids/grandkids would like that' demographic :biggrin.:

Those generations would definitely remember Airfix planes or even model trains so its worth a go :)

From talking to my local store manager they should pitch it to parents along the lines of its not a noisey activity and its something thats not fortnite

Those generations would definitely remember Airfix planes or even model trains so its worth a go :smile.:

Hey, I remember Airfix planes and model trains. In fact, I was looking at model train stuff the other day. :cool.: 

From talking to my local store manager they should pitch it to parents along the lines of its not a noisey activity and its something thats not fortnite

Or Minecraft, or anything console/computer (though there is outreach via those mediums, too, which isn't bad).

Overall, it's generally a good thing that, with the shifting attitudes towards "geek" culture, more and more people can be brought into the hobby. I don't see GW advertising increasing by orders of magnitude where I live compared to when Rogue Trader first came out in the '80s (only saw it via game stores and a few game magazines, with tentative outreach via the Milton Bradley games).