Ammo Dump size

Scammel

Hello folks,

The Ammunition Dump upgrade for an Aegis Defence Line is rather cheap and potentially very powerful, so keen to get this one right.

To my knowledge, there's not a jot of guidance on the dimensions of the terrain piece (page 101) and I don't feel that the OOP FW 'ammo dump' model is a good baseline, so this might just be a community gut-feeling consensus - do you think a Dreadnought-sized base would be appropriate? How high are you willing to go? Is Riptide a little too much?

Edited by Scammel

I felt that for a model size it would be the pallet with ammo boxes that comes in the battlefield accessories set.

This has certainly been the case every time ive seen it played (got a few myself :D ) So a 40 or 50mm base might work but 60mm is probably too big.

In the stronghold assault rulebook, we have this line:

Any model within 2" of an ammunition dump re-rolls failed To Hit rolls of 1 in the Shooting phase. A model in cover behind an ammunition dump has a 5+ cover save.

So, if you go by that, it should at least be big enough to give an infantry model a cover save.

I felt that for a model size it would be the pallet with ammo boxes that comes in the battlefield accessories set.

This has certainly been the case every time ive seen it played (got a few myself :D ) So a 40 or 50mm base might work but 60mm is probably too big.
Same here.

Looks great and can't be overseen by the players.

I'm planning on building an ammo dump on a 50mm base using the drop pod objective marker and some ammo crates to make a little diorama for my Havocs and Deredeo to guard!

I'd be happy if you'd share pics.

I'm planning on building an ammo dump on a 50mm base using the drop pod objective marker and some ammo crates to make a little diorama for my Havocs and Deredeo to guard!

I'd be happy if you'd share pics.

Yeah I'll happily share progress when I've got it made!