Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Size of the Area of engagement

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Sparika

Sparika

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

With the first version of Aeronautica, Forgeworld was selling large pieces of terrain and it seemed to me that the game was supposed to be played on an usual 4'x6' map. I may be wrong. However, after having played a few missions on the cardboard map, I'm a bit frustrated by the size of the area of engagement. For me, the 2'x2' board is missing room for manoeuvre, pursuit, and strategical decision. However, because the game needs hexes, I can't test the game without investing first.

So I would be intrested if you have any experience on bigger maps, either on this version of the first version of Aeronautica. How does it play, what would you change, does it work ... ?

Edited by Sparika, 13 January 2020 - 07:01 AM.

"If you see me, it's already too late"

echo-station-1-9.base-echo.net  -- my blog, in french

Arendious

Arendious

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts
  • Faction: Umbral Owls
I'm speaking purely academically here, but 2' by 2' engagement area is unlikely to work for more than a 2 vs. 2 fight.

There's likely a board size beyond which playing orks becomes untenable, given their short-range focus and lack of consistent ability to force a merge.

"Take this, thy reflector belt, that the Emperor's Holy Light will shine in all the places that you go."  ~Commissar Lemay, Imperial Flying Corpsgallery_48988_6285_18080.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users