Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PA Discussion, Predictions, and Wishlisting

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Kaldoth

Kaldoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,830 posts
So, one of the best things about this particular subfaction community is that while it is pretty small compared to others on the board, it is very vocal and endlessly dedicated to all things Necron. Although our book is in a sort of mid-tier place right now and there are gripes aplenty to be had, almost all the Phaerons here seem to be optimistic about our current state and for things to come. So what with PA books coming out steadily, I figured why not start the hype train a little early :D Its never a bad thing to see what the community wants and thinks might come down the pipeline ^_^

That being said, I'd like to keep this focused on our eventual PA release and not so much the current codex. Points updates, rules changes, etc aren't going to happen in PA but new stratagems, new units, and lore updates are all on the table!

To kick off, I don't know if anyone saw this on the Warhammer community page in the WD 450 preview article, but it has me pretty hyped!

Last of the Silent Kings

The undisputed ruler of the ancient Necrontyr empire was known as the Silent King. In the aftermath of biotransference, the ruling Silent King, Szarekh, became disillusioned with the cruel fate of his people, leaving them behind and setting out for the intergalactic void in self-imposed exile. Yet there are rumours now that the ancestral ruler of the Necrons may have returned to the galaxy…

To discern the truth, you’ll have to read this fascinating lore article for yourself!

So, what does this mean for us? I definitely think there are two possibilities here:

1. We will be getting our own uber HQ in PA, and none other than Szarek himself! Chances of this IMO are much slimmer than my second guess, but how cool would that be?!

2. Triarch models may be seeing some kind of new special rule. Given that Triarch units of all flavors serve the Triumverate and the Silent King is the boss of the three, I think it's definitely possible that Triarch units from the dex might see some kind of new thing in PA that gives them a bit more flavor. As they don't benefit from dynastic codes, this could be a really cool feature that would make them a bit more interactive in a Necron army!

Unrelated to that article, I figured I'd post my top wishlist-y things I hope to see in PA as well. You know, because wishlisting is fun :lol:

1. A 1 cp stratagem that allows a unit with Gauss weapons to auto wound on hit rolls of 6. Or a 2 cp strat that grants additional wounds on wound rolls of 6. Gauss weapons kind of lost their flavor, and every PA so far has seen stratagems for the armies they cover!

2. A new Pariah-esque unir. Either a single anti Psyker character or a squad. I thought I saw a rumor a while back about this but I can't quite put my finger on when or where. Regardless, I'm all about bringing back some oldcron fluff and PA would be a perfect opportunity to do so.

So, what about you all? Thoughts?

Cheers

-Mal

The Ergonomic Enginseer

The Ergonomic Enginseer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 50 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Unfortunately I feel that it will be just what is says there "This fascinating lore article".  

"A grip of iron never tires

Head of ire, lead and wires"

The Stupendium - Lyrics to "The house always wins"

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,113 posts

We've had confirmation Szarek is back for years, including Commander Dante speaking to him personally, so I don't know what to expect here.  I'll pick it up (unless I hear a lot negative reactions before I get a chance to) but I'm hopeful this is more than just old fluff repackaged and presented as new.  If there is new information, even if this is completely detached from anything else coming our way, I'll be happy.

That said, I think we are due some new models.  We have had 3 new models released in almost ten years, and two of those are monopose characters with no options.  I truly hope they break that trend, and give us something like Szarek who can be added to any Dynasty, or at least a character kit like the old Space Marine Commander with a couple sprues of options.  

• Mechanicus_Adept likes this

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 881 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons
The Silent King showing up, with rules and a model, would be super amazing!
What I’d like to see would be a centerpiece ‘model’ like the new Ossiarch guy that has 3 or 4 models on the base, with Szeras being the main character of it with some supporting characters, like the one who communicates with Dante and maybe a couple of other Triarch people.
He also has to have a Sanguinius deathmask. That is non-negotiable.

I also hope that we get some variety of anti-psyker stuff, as this is after all the Psychic Awakening, and as we obviously can’t have that sort of thing, pariahs or similar seem to be the next best option. Alternatively, we might get Blackstone Canoptek constructs, that are specifically designed by cryptek sin recent times to combat the warp now that the galaxy is split in half.
  • Nemesor Tyriks and The Ergonomic Enginseer like this

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshop
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

dreadmad

dreadmad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 263 posts
  • Faction: MIxed Chaos, Marines
I wouldn't be surprised to see a Tyranid-like release. So individual stratagems for most units to benefit from, some new relics and some sort of new customisation (be it build your own Dynasty, something that replaces WL traits or something new entirely).

My wish listing is that it comes in February's PA Vs the Tau - I'm planning on taking them to a tournament and I'd love to have expanded rules for them by then!
PROFITS FOR THE SHARE HOLDERS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kervin40k

Kervin40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

I am getting the felling we will be the token Xeno for one of the last Imperial factions in PA, and we will get a min treatment.  This is because of the 8.5/9th ed rumors where it is going to be Necrons vs power armor of some color and we will be one of the first codexes of the new ed. 

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,138 posts

I think I'm most excited for the 'pick you own traits' section as I'm currently running Tri-Code lists just trying to keep up in my games. Being able to pick two rules that suit what I'm after with my army would be welcome.

After that I'll take a stratagem that allows INFANTRY to fall back and shoot, side bonus one that makes GAUSS weapons a little scarier to heavily armoured targets (Kaldoth's 1st suggestion pretty much nails it). I can't even think of a page's worth of stratagems that I want in my army. Maybe something that makes ResOrbs a bit better?

It would be very cool if Crypteks got a boost showing their various technosorceries and creating a tie between them and Canoptek units.

Ultimately if I can have a more thematic army as a result of the book's offerings I'll be a happy Phaeron.

Oh, and I'll chip in the obligatory "I want Pariahs back" comment as well. Kaldoth, I recall a frater saying they heard someone who works at a LGS (maybe it was a GW) say there would be a Pariah character. I mean it's a 50:50 chance right? If Pariah's come back it's either a unit or a character, so throw your lot in. I hope they come back as a unit of 4-10 myself with a box of five that could make a character with one of the models.

Yeah I want it all. Someone said wishlisting, right? teehee.gif

Edited by NTaW, 14 January 2020 - 01:07 AM.

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,113 posts
I'm kind of baffled we don't have a stratagem like Tide of Traitors. Cultists can do it and Orks can do it but the one race that actually gets back up can't? Seems silly.
  • NTaW likes this

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,138 posts

Good call Tyriks. I'll also add a stratagem for Resurrection Protocols AFTER a unit is destroyed. Survivors stand up outside 1" of enemies of course.

BaconCouch

BaconCouch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 57 posts

I want Crypteks to get 'Psychic Powers" ala what they had back in 5th ed. The various Cryptek schools could be brought back.

Additionally, we need something to help our outclassed infantry become relevant.

A Silent King Model might be a tall order.

40k Armies I Own

Necrons (10,000 Points)

Custodes (3000 Points)

Space Marines (3500 Points)

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,065 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

Pariahs please ermm.gif 

Krash