Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

When a relic replaces a weapon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

40kChris

40kChris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 526 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

I've tried searching multiple times and can only seem to find relics and CP interactions...

So when a relic/artifact states it replaces a weapon, does it completely replace it and you lose the weapons base abilities?

For example if I have a Demon Prince with dual Malefic Talons, +3 attacks, and give him the Faith Fury Rapacious Talons do I lose those +3 attacks? 

or if I replace a combi-bolter with Alpha Legion's Vipers Bite does it cease to be a combi-bolter, would Demon Shell no longer work with it?

Essentially do they cease to be the base weapon anymore since they have been "replaced" with the relic/artifact or do they retain the base weapon ability as well?

Halp... wallbash.gif

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,216 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

Yes, they do.  So unfortunately the new claw daemon weapon is less than fantastic, particularly on a daemon prince.

However, the rules for abilities that trigger off of a weapon type (such as "bolter") typically state that they also trigger on any relic weapon that replaces a weapon of that type.

• 40kChris and Gederas like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,809 posts

Yes, they do.  So unfortunately the new claw daemon weapon is less than fantastic, particularly on a daemon prince.

However, the rules for abilities that trigger off of a weapon type (such as "bolter") typically state that they also trigger on any relic weapon that replaces a weapon of that type.

This.

So using your example: You'd lose the +3 attacks if you give your Daemon Prince the Rapacious Talons, but you'll be able to use the Daemon Shell stratagem with Vipers Bite .

• 40kChris likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,697 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Replace means replace, yes. ^^

• 40kChris, Marshal Loss and BluejayJunior like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

40kChris

40kChris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 526 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

Figured as much but wanted to be sure, thanks for the replies folks.

• Dr_Ruminahui likes this

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,321 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

It actually varies, some relics like the Tyranid Reaper of Obliterax don't replace the weapon they upgrade, but if the relic has a weapon profile then you have to use that one.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,692 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthw√©

It actually varies, some relics like the Tyranid Reaper of Obliterax don't replace the weapon they upgrade, but if the relic has a weapon profile then you have to use that one.

Then they dont replace... which is the scenario the OP is talking about...

could be worse... could be sisters of battle relic replacement - 

take a 9 point sword (blessed blade) S +2 AP -3 Damage D3... then replace with a relic that does S+2, AP -3 Damage 3!.... so 33% of the time it does nothing :P

• 40kChris likes this

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,697 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Well those also don't say that they replace anything so ... obviously?

• 40kChris likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users