Some Legion Shoulder Pads "No Longer Available"

m_r_parker

It feels to me that they’re doing a lot of consolidation either shoulder pads. I’m certain that I’m about a years time all that will be available will be the mk3 & MK4 versions in some way.

Let’s not forget that GW do produce 4 of the Legions shoulder pads in plastic. Whilst not specifically for HH marks of armour they do work very well!

BCC

Yeah. Maybe they'll do a thing where it's a bundle of Mark III/Mark IV shoulders.... Hopefully :lol:

In regards to the plastic ones: The Dark Angels ones are kind of "meh", but their Primaris Upgrade shoulders actually fit the aesthetic of the FW ones more, while being noticeably different. Blood Angels lack the defined wings. All of the other ones (Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Imperial Fists and White Scars) are a pretty good match, just not Mark III-looking (Primaris Shoulders look similar to Mark IV, which is why I was using the Iron Warriors Mark IV on my Iron Warriors Primaris Marines)

It feels to me that they’re doing a lot of consolidation either shoulder pads. I’m certain that I’m about a years time all that will be available will be the mk3 & MK4 versions in some way.

Let’s not forget that GW do produce 4 of the Legions shoulder pads in plastic. Whilst not specifically for HH marks of armour they do work very well!

BCC

Yeah. Maybe they'll do a thing where it's a bundle of Mark III/Mark IV shoulders.... Hopefully :laugh.:

In regards to the plastic ones: The Dark Angels ones are kind of "meh", but their Primaris Upgrade shoulders actually fit the aesthetic of the FW ones more, while being noticeably different. Blood Angels lack the defined wings. All of the other ones (Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Imperial Fists and White Scars) are a pretty good match, just not Mark III-looking (Primaris Shoulders look similar to Mark IV, which is why I was using the Iron Warriors Mark IV on my Iron Warriors Primaris Marines)

Yeah, I use the Ultramarines plastic ones on my "Liberators of Krade" project:

7CE528BF 7472 4350 A2CB 8BC81A6BD184

They fit fine for me and help represent the Ultras towards the end of the Heresy.

BCC

Guest Drekkan

Update: Iron Warriors Mark IV shoulders are now completely gone from the site, not even a "No Longer Available" entry on the website.

Yep, Emperors Children MkIII and Dark Angels MkIV have also dropped off the site too...

Another culling has started.. I really wonder what would be left of the original game, as it was intended first.

forge_world_2018_2_gameswerkshop.png

HH outside of the UK (if my local seen is any indicator) Is Quickly turning into a game were the majority of resin in now recast/3D printed, such decisions by some analyst at GW are only going to exacerbate the issue.

Do t cater to your customer bases wants expect them to look elsewhere. There is a reason recasters are popping up faster than GW can shut them down.

Its the same issue with none marine armies face they don't sell because they don't get new.kits and they don't get new kits because they don't sell.

I am happy I decided to use MK4 Iron Warriors emblems for shoulder pads from shapeway a few months ago. I shall continue to do so given this update...

I really like posts like these. People go with pirates and knockoff makers giving FW no incentive to keep stuff around, then complain when FW axes it because the money that could have kept the line alive went to parasites instead. Gee, who could have predicted that shocking turn of events? :rolleyes:

And I'd have honestly understood if people went with better option but vast majority of recasts and 3d prints are either worse quality, more expensive than FW (never mind plastic GW ones), or both. And then there is doubling down and going to thief who pays no taxes, works against keeping hobby alive, and steals designs better people made and I really wonder what people doing so are thinking :dry.:

Space Wolves land raider doors and MK IV shoulder pads are no longer available. 

A real pity, I literally had the LR doors in my cart, they were made unavailable while I was ordering.

Very disappointing.

On the UK site the following pads have disappeared, from what I can tell:

• Salamanders MkIV pads
  • Iron Hands MkIV pads
  • Imperial Fist MkVI pads
  • Thousand Sons Achean Pads

I'm not sure if all Legions had the trifecta of Rhino Doors, Rhino Deimos Doors, and Land Raider Doors - but assuming all of them did, then the following have also disappeared from the UK site.

• Dark Angel Land Raider Doors
  • Salamander Land Raider Doors
  • Imperial Fist Land Raider Doors
  • Raven Guard Land Raider Doors Set 1
  • Raven Guard Rhino Doors Set 2
  • Space Wolves Rhino Deimos Doors Set 2
  • Alpha Legion Rhino Doors
  • Death Guard Rhino Doors
  • Emperors Children Rhino Doors
  • Emperors Children Land Raider Doors
  • Iron Warriors Rhino Doors
  • Iron Warriors Land Raider Doors
  • Night Lord Rhino Doors
  • Night Lord Land Raider Doors
  • Sons of Horus Land Raider Doors Set 1
  • Sons of Horus Rhino Doors
  • Word Bearer Rhino Doors
  • World Eater Rhino Doors
  • Thousand Sons Rhino Doors

I'm going to give them a call and see what is going on, and whether certain items have stock that I can buy that isn't listed on the site.

Edited by m_r_parker

Ok, so a quick phone call later, and there isn't much information. Customer Services team don't seem to have any info on this, but are saying that if it's gone from the webstore then it's gone. I asked whether it was simply moulds being re-tooled rather a full decommissioning, and he couldn't say one way or another. The advice was if any news comes out it will be up on WHC, and to keep checking the webstore to see if more items go or some items come back. 

Not hugely helpful at all, but they may also be in the dark about this too. So I'm going to go back on the site and see if there's anything I couldn't be without. It feels wrong panic buying based on nothing other than they *might* discontinue it later, but I have some projects that make use of these bits.

This is crazy, what the hell is going on? As others have said at least LCTB allowed people to stock up rather than "aaaaaand its gone". I really hope they explain this because this will just be fuel for those who wrongly thing that the HH is dying and that 8th Ed will save it. I hope theres a good reason for this.

A real pity, I literally had the LR doors in my cart, they were made unavailable while I was ordering.

Very disappointing.

That sucks and I'm sorry you missed out.

Edited by Brother Tyler

This is crazy, what the hell is going on? As others have said at least LCTB allowed people to stock up rather than "aaaaaand its gone". I really hope they explain this because this will just be fuel for those who wrongly thing that the HH is dying and that 8th Ed will save it. I hope theres a good reason for this.

Very disappointing.

That sucks and I'm sorry you missed out.

Seconding both of these points.

This is just ridiculous.

I really hope they explain this because this will just be fuel for those who wrongly thing that the HH is dying

Very convincing fuel tbh. They can do whatever PR releases they like, but if they keep undermining the core range (and I'm sorry, but Legion iconography is pretty :censored:ing 'core' imo) then Heresy is dying. If you can't get the bits, projects will end, existing players will be reluctant to start new forces of any scale and any hope of new blood will shrink, as they just can't collect the forces they want to.

and that 8th Ed will save it. I hope theres a good reason for this.

And that's where the argument breaks down imo. If it's a lack of model support that's going to kill the Heresy, then it doesn't matter which ruleset they use. 8th edition HH would have just the same issues with player retention/revolt if the range shrinking isn't stopped and reversed.

I really hope they explain this because this will just be fuel for those who wrongly thing that the HH is dying

Very convincing fuel tbh. They can do whatever PR releases they like, but if they keep undermining the core range (and I'm sorry, but Legion iconography is pretty :censored:ing 'core' imo) then Heresy is dying. If you can't get the bits, projects will end, existing players will be reluctant to start new forces of any scale and any hope of new blood will shrink, as they just can't collect the forces they want to.

*looks at all the Heresy stuff that's recently been revealed and released*

I'm...not so sure about that.

Look, this sucks, A LOT, but the last thing that Heresy is doing right now is dying.

Respectfully, this is not a core range, these are upgrades. Sicarans and Praetors are a core range, and we've gotten plenty of those recently (not to mention backward sicarans :tongue.: ).

I disagree that players will be reluctant to start new forces because they cant get these, if anything its going to be because they cost and arm and a leg and your firstborn and whatever else they want. BUT, the fact that all of these upgrades weren't even given a LCTB so people can pick them up is really really crappy of FW.

Lets be fair about why this is happening. The reason they're getting rid of them is because they’re not selling well and they need to make more space for new Heresy releases, and this is pretty much the norm now and has been for a while. Out of my entire group, I know only one other guy who uses these upgrades (and that are not *cough* *cough* pirate island). Anecdotal I know, but nevertheless it seems to me that most people would rather just use the transfers. I would rather use these, but I'm in the minority.

But this "Heresy is Dying" meme is tiring, not for any reason other than its blatantly wrong. Based on what the FW guys are saying and judging by the recent releases and previews, "Heresy sales are healthy". Hell, how much 40k stuff has been dropped in the last two years (*sheds a single tear for the entire Elysian range*) , but no one is saying that 40k is dying.

Can I also point out the fact that we live in a time of undead games. Seriously :biggrin.:

Necromunda, Aurenotica, and Blood Bowl werent games that were dying, they were full on dead! Now, they've all been brought back with a vengeance.

Not to mention Titanicus which is arguably the first stage before it evolves into Heresy Epic, LoTR, talk of bringing Battlefleet Gothic back set during the Heresy, and somehow, impossibly....fantasy is coming back as well!

No, we do not live in a time of dying games, in fact when it comes to Heresy itself it seems that were finally leaving this Old Night of releases of the last two years.

We live in a time where FW has been taken over by some spooky ol' d6 rolling Necromancer, resurrecting all these dead and dying games and not letting anything succumb to the curse of resting in peace as a unsupported game system, and that’s awesome!

Edited by m0nolith

Look, this sucks, A LOT, but the last thing that Heresy is doing right now is dying.

Very true. It's just super frustrating as you would think these items sold well. Most of the legions look like they are down to one mark of shoulder pad now.

Keeping my fingers crossed they don't start taking away the heads, I'm not in a position to panic buy all the ones for every project I've ever planned.

With Mk IV, Cataphractii, and Tartaros all being marked as webstore only on GW's site i'm scared of when the rug might get pulled out from under us on those...

You have nothing to worry about there. All that "Webstore Only" means is you can only buy them on the GW website, and they are not stocked in a physical GW store.

And that's where the argument breaks down imo. If it's a lack of model support that's going to kill the Heresy, then it doesn't matter which ruleset they use. 8th edition HH would have just the same issues with player retention/revolt if the range shrinking isn't stopped and reversed.

hErEsY iS dYiNg.

No it really is not.

Doomsaying is extreme but Forgeworld could stand to be a bit less hostile than literally giving us no information before scrapping swathes of their range.

I am especially sad that they are culling what makes the Legion;s visually unique, its like an unwelcome continuation of the creativity-sucking Primaris (whose range is so aggressively generic that it hurts). 

I am really sad about this since it means that I am having to scrap my plans to expand into TSONs, because I loved the lore dearly and especially the idea of Achean plate (its what convinced me to go for it in the first place). Its bad enough that their custom (and fluffy chestplates) are gone, but I am not going to take the leap into a psychic army when their inbuilt hoods might go up in smoke at any moment.

I am also not sympathetic to the 'just use transfers' argument because I mostly play EC and, funnily enough, FW chose to take that option away from me.

Usually try to be optimistic, but this one feels like a gut-punch.

Edited by StrangerOrders

hErEsY iS dYiNg.

No it really is not.

Really? The best you could come up with is a low content memey response? Come on dude. Like I said, stuff like this adds convincing fuel to the fire. I'd hoped after the LCTB shenanigans FW had learnt their lesson, but his leaves me dubious. 

Respectfully, this is not a core range, these are upgrades. Sicarans and Praetors are a core range, and we've gotten plenty of those recently (not to mention backward sicarans :tongue.: ).

I disagree that players will be reluctant to start new forces because they cant get these, if anything its going to be because they cost and arm and a leg and your firstborn and whatever else they want. BUT, the fact that all of these upgrades weren't even given a LCTB so people can pick them up is really really crappy of FW.

Lets be fair about why this is happening. The reason they're getting rid of them is because they’re not selling well and they need to make more space for new Heresy releases, and this is pretty much the norm now and has been for a while. Out of my entire group, I know only one other guy who uses these upgrades (and that are not *cough* *cough* pirate island). Anecdotal I know, but nevertheless it seems to me that most people would rather just use the transfers. I would rather use these, but I'm in the minority.

But this "Heresy is Dying" meme is tiring, not for any reason other than its blatantly wrong. Based on what the FW guys are saying and judging by the recent releases and previews, "Heresy sales are healthy". Hell, how much 40k stuff has been dropped in the last two years (*sheds a single tear for the entire Elysian range*) , but no one is saying that 40k is dying.

Can I also point out the fact that we live in a time of undead games. Seriously :biggrin.:

Necromunda, Aurenotica, and Blood Bowl werent games that were dying, they were full on dead! Now, they've all been brought back with a vengeance.

Not to mention Titanicus which is arguably the first stage before it evolves into Heresy Epic, LoTR, talk of bringing Battlefleet Gothic back set during the Heresy, and somehow, impossibly....fantasy is coming back as well!

No, we do not live in a time of dying games, in fact when it comes to Heresy itself it seems that were finally leaving this Old Night of releases of the last two years.

We live in a time where FW has been taken over by some spooky ol' d6 rolling Necromancer, resurrecting all these dead and dying games and not letting anything succumb to the curse of resting in peace as a unsupported game system, and that’s awesome!

PR spin though. Of course FW staffers won't admit to anything bad regarding the Heresy (or anything else they sell). That's corporate PR 101.

I agree, the last couple of weeks did kindle the vague fires of optimism in this dyed in the wool cynic's heart about the future viability of Heresy. But if they're culling something as basic (and frankly, as cheap, the moulds are made (and pretty simple to replace)) as shoulder pads, that doesn't seem optimistic imo. Sure, the DA's will get some shiny stuff, but it takes more than that for Heresy to remain viable. As it stands, I fear Heresy is heading towards 'novelty', and until GW/FW put their money where their mouth is regarding core range components (like the shoulder pads, and ideally a return of MkII) then the claims of Heresy being a 'third core game' will ring hollow imo.

Don't get me wrong, I genuinely hope my pessimism about this will prove incorrect. But if I honestly believed that, I wouldn't be a pessimist :wink:.

Edited by Brother Tyler

@Lief Bearclaw

The molds don't need replacing, they're being discontinued because the amount of manpower and resources required to manufacture are no longer profitable, and those same resources would be better spent creating new FW models, which to be fair there has been a ton of lately.

Look, if you're set on enjoying that oppressive emotion of pessimism, then no argument is going to sway you so I'm not even going to try.

@Lief Bearclaw

The molds don't need replacing, they're being discontinued because the amount of manpower and resources required to manufacture are no longer profitable, and those same resources would be better spent creating new FW models, which to be fair there has been a ton of lately.

Look, if you're set on enjoying that oppressive emotion of pessimism, then no argument is going to sway you so I'm not even going to try.

I'm willing to bet there profitable just not as much as something else they can make, thusly some analyst made an call to discontinue the less profitable items...