Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some Legion Shoulder Pads "No Longer Available"

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,834 posts

It feels to me that they’re doing a lot of consolidation either shoulder pads. I’m certain that I’m about a years time all that will be available will be the mk3 & MK4 versions in some way.

Let’s not forget that GW do produce 4 of the Legions shoulder pads in plastic. Whilst not specifically for HH marks of armour they do work very well!

BCC

Yeah. Maybe they'll do a thing where it's a bundle of Mark III/Mark IV shoulders.... Hopefully :lol:

In regards to the plastic ones: The Dark Angels ones are kind of "meh", but their Primaris Upgrade shoulders actually fit the aesthetic of the FW ones more, while being noticeably different. Blood Angels lack the defined wings. All of the other ones (Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Imperial Fists and White Scars) are a pretty good match, just not Mark III-looking (Primaris Shoulders look similar to Mark IV, which is why I was using the Iron Warriors Mark IV on my Iron Warriors Primaris Marines)

• battle captain corpus likes this

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,403 posts
  • Faction: Alai-Toc

It feels to me that they’re doing a lot of consolidation either shoulder pads. I’m certain that I’m about a years time all that will be available will be the mk3 & MK4 versions in some way.

Let’s not forget that GW do produce 4 of the Legions shoulder pads in plastic. Whilst not specifically for HH marks of armour they do work very well!

BCC

Yeah. Maybe they'll do a thing where it's a bundle of Mark III/Mark IV shoulders.... Hopefully laugh.png

In regards to the plastic ones: The Dark Angels ones are kind of "meh", but their Primaris Upgrade shoulders actually fit the aesthetic of the FW ones more, while being noticeably different. Blood Angels lack the defined wings. All of the other ones (Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Imperial Fists and White Scars) are a pretty good match, just not Mark III-looking (Primaris Shoulders look similar to Mark IV, which is why I was using the Iron Warriors Mark IV on my Iron Warriors Primaris Marines)

Yeah, I use the Ultramarines plastic ones on my "Liberators of Krade" project:

7CE528BF 7472 4350 A2CB 8BC81A6BD184

They fit fine for me and help represent the Ultras towards the end of the Heresy.

BCC

• Irbis likes this
Dawn Of War Retribution Eldar Farseer

"Make no mistake.

The race we know as the Ty-Ranheed is a punishment visited upon us for our hubris.
A manifestation of our mis-endeavour as clear as the stars themselves.
The Ty-Ranheed is our fate to crush alone.
Our path to walk in damnation."

Attributed to "Zonayen", Farseer of the 4th Warhost of Alai-Toc

Mogsam

Mogsam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 234 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons
Removing more EC pads is frustrating.

If there are transfers, couldn't give a flying fig, but without anything, it's ludicrous.
  • Tyrannicide likes this

Drekkan

Drekkan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 156 posts
  • Faction: 6th legion

Update: Iron Warriors Mark IV shoulders are now completely gone from the site, not even a "No Longer Available" entry on the website.

Yep, Emperors Children MkIII and Dark Angels MkIV have also dropped off the site too...

Another culling has started.. I really wonder what would be left of the original game, as it was intended first.

forge_world_2018_2_gameswerkshop.png

• Laughingman, ST.Lazarus and StrangerOrders like this
Logan! What is best in life ?

Logan: To crush the heretics, see the mutants driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the xenos.

Laughingman

Laughingman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 577 posts

HH outside of the UK (if my local seen is any indicator) Is Quickly turning into a game were the majority of resin in now recast/3D printed, such decisions by some analyst at GW are only going to exacerbate the issue. 

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,310 posts

HH outside of the UK (if my local seen is any indicator) Is Quickly turning into a game were the majority of resin in now recast/3D printed, such decisions by some analyst at GW are only going to exacerbate the issue.

Do t cater to your customer bases wants expect them to look elsewhere. There is a reason recasters are popping up faster than GW can shut them down.

Its the same issue with none marine armies face they don't sell because they don't get new.kits and they don't get new kits because they don't sell.

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,443 posts

I am happy I decided to use MK4 Iron Warriors emblems for shoulder pads from shapeway a few months ago. I shall continue to do so given this update...

I really like posts like these. People go with pirates and knockoff makers giving FW no incentive to keep stuff around, then complain when FW axes it because the money that could have kept the line alive went to parasites instead. Gee, who could have predicted that shocking turn of events? rolleyesclean.gif

And I'd have honestly understood if people went with better option but vast majority of recasts and 3d prints are either worse quality, more expensive than FW (never mind plastic GW ones), or both. And then there is doubling down and going to thief who pays no taxes, works against keeping hobby alive, and steals designs better people made and I really wonder what people doing so are thinking dry.png

zedmeister

zedmeister

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 204 posts
  • Faction: V Legion
More pads and now some Legion doors have gone to Sold Out as of today.

Runefyre

Runefyre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,839 posts
  • Faction: VI legion

Space Wolves land raider doors and MK IV shoulder pads are no longer available. 

A real pity, I literally had the LR doors in my cart, they were made unavailable while I was ordering.

Very disappointing.

He is the Lord of Winter and War

He is the Executioner, and the most Loyal Son

He is the Fury and Savagery of the Storm

He is the Vengeance of a Galaxy Wronged

He is the Father of Heros, He Has Come

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users