Some Legion Shoulder Pads "No Longer Available"

m_r_parker

Dark Angels MK3 legion shoulder pads are up again and the Dark Angels transfer sheets are out of stock...

I wonder how long they'll carry these this time?

I didn't get in on the DA transfers when they came out in 2010 and 2014. Does anyone remember if they went out of stock multiple times then?

The DA sheets just came out and are out of stock from the initial purchases, I wouldn't worry about them.

I don't think DA Legion transfers have been released before, but I may be wrong. The only HH transfer sheet I know of becoming unavailable was the EC one.

I think I would acquire a supply of them when they come back in stock though.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

When Gryphonicus and Mortis went out of stock Andy said they’d do another print order, so I imagine their plan is to keep transfers as the primary iconography option for the HH

Marshal: you please tell Andy to reprint the blackshield decal sheet and put it on the webshop? Customer services don't seem yo listen to me. :)

The DA sheets just came out and are out of stock from the initial purchases, I wouldn't worry about them.

I don't think DA Legion transfers have been released before, but I may be wrong. The only HH transfer sheet I know of becoming unavailable was the EC one.

I think I would acquire a supply of them when they come back in stock though.

Yes, I saw they went out almost immediately as they were mailed. I got two this time just to be on the up-and-up this time.

I was referring to the older ones from 2014 and 2010. Was anyone around (and remembers?) if they went out of stock fast and how long it took for them to disappear from the catalog? I have been hunting down older transfers for others in my gaming group here and there. The Space Sharks transfer sheet is impossible to find for under 150$ on ebay, and I've only ever seen three of them in ten years. The Sons of Horus sheet is relatively hard to find as well and always commands decent money.

20200213 154535 resized

Those older ones are 40k sheets by looking at them. I don't know how much FW will be doing 40k stuff from now on.

These ones are core to the HH range, and I don't see them going anywhere soon. A SoH sheet is available from FW, do you mean the Luna Wolves one?

As of now, all 18 Legions have a HH transfer sheet, hopefully that stays. I picked up a few DA and WB sheets to stockpile them, to be safe.

On the topic of transfers: they mentioned in the stream today the lead time on transfers is considerably longer than a book. So if it takes them a year to write a book, that’s a measurement for how long it will be between transfer iterations.

Did they mention anything else interesting on the stream?

Just stuff about the newest Titanicus book having been bumped ahead of the book featuring Ignatum because they’re trying to cover Ignatum closer to the Siege. Nothing super specific, just that originally they commissioned the two latest Titanicus Transfers for the Ignatum book, but when they switched them around they had the transfers and released them anyway Edited by Marshal Rohr

So this is a question. Has anyone else (United States/North America based) had issues ordering from Forge World?

Since Friday whenever I try to order anything on the Forge World site, the payment verification certification page times out and gives and error saying the information could not be verified. It seems like GW forgot to renew their security certificate for Forge World....

Edited by Gederas

So this is a question. Has anyone else (United States/North America based) had issues ordering from Forge World?

Since Friday whenever I try to order anything on the Forge World site, the payment verification certification page times out and gives and error saying the information could not be verified. It seems like GW forgot to renew their security certificate for Forge World....

I ran into that before christmas. Just had to do a browser cleanup and was able to move forward. I learned this lesson the hard way because my Bank called while I was trying to order to ask if I'd meant to make six identical charges. 

I just put an order in today, purchase went through just fine.

I'm still pissed that I missed out on Wolves LR doors....I'm not the best with transfers.

I shouldn't have used the one set I had so I could recast it. 

Edited by Runefyre

• 2 months later...
My apologies for resurrecting a dead thread, but I’m curious what kind of impact the coronavirus shutdown will have on this issue. Lots of companies will be (and are already) adjusting what products they produce in the post-virus world, and I can’t imagine this will have no impact on Forgeworld. I’m guessing that some items may quietly disappear entirely from the webstore once everything reopens. At the very least, I can’t imagine everything will become available again all at once. There are other possibilities—a price increase, for example, which would have a tragicomic effect on all of us who purchased the gift vouchers with the 10% bonus. Overall, though, what I’m pointing to is the trend discusses in this thread may accelerate exponentially because of the current global situation and as FW consolidates around its best-selling kits and moves further away from legion-specific upgrades. This is merely conjecture, but it’s also food for thought.

• 1 month later...
I feel that this warrants bumping this thread. Checking this morning and it appears that a huge swathe of vehicle doors have now been marked as Sold Out instead of simply out of stock. Other, non-30K stuff are also affected

Yes, all Mars pattern Rhino doors are now gone.

RG land raider doors are now gone. Expect the remaining to go. Mainly the 40k upgrades are going, but some of those (Mars rhino) were used for other heresy kits.

This is a nightmare to try and keep up with, purely because there is no announcement from ForgeWorld that this is happening / has happened / is going to happen. The Rhino doors are a bit of a surprise because we went through a mini-purge (mini as in 'small', not 'model') before Covid shut everything down, but I suppose they're looking at prioritising Rhino Deimos for 30k. I did think that maybe they would be prioritising Repulsor sized doors for 40k, instead of traditional Rhino chassis chapter doors, but even the new Repulsor doors have gone (only the Blood Angels one is left, probably because they still have stock, but when they're gone they're gone).

It's hard to predict what is going to stay and what isn't. I was sure a while ago that generic Rhino doors would stay, despite the fact that Land Raider doors had been culled, and I have been proved wrong. I still think FW's plan is to have a single shoulder pad variant (MkIII or MkIV), head and Deimos door upgrade per Legion but I'm struggling to see why Deimos pattern would stay if the regular Rhino pattern has now gone. Plastic Rhino vehicles are cheaper than their FW resin Deimos counterparts and are still 30k accurate as well as default in 40k. 

For those really wanting to do some deep investigative work, it's interesting to see the comparison between the UK and US versions of the site (you will have to change the shipping location to see the difference) as North America has it's own stock, and some items won't go "No Longer Available" until the corresponding warehouse location is out of stock - even FW aren't silly enough to stop selling products they have on their shelves! As a for instance, in the US you can still purchase Death Guard MkIV shoulder pads, whereas the UK stock has now gone NLA. It's a case of picking through and seeing what is (and isn't) there.

The most annoying thing is not knowing that something is gone until you try to search for it and buy it. I just paranoidly checked a kit that I do buy sometimes, the 40k Khorne Terminator and PA upgrade packs, and the Terminator is NLA with the PA down as Temporarily Unavailable. Lord Zhufor is still available, but who knows for how long - and not knowing whether an item is on the chopping block until it's gone is stressful. 

I disagree on the demios rhinos expense. They are at a good discount in the x3 bundle when compared to three plastic mars pattern, the price difference becomes negligible then. Snagging the x3 bundle from FW was a no brainer for me, especially here in OZ. Same with legion vindi, if you only want 2, you may as well use the FW ones, I would never use three. My personal preference would be the return of etched brass if the vehicle doors are getting cut from the product list. The brass can be applied to pretty much anywhere on a vehicle compared to just the doors. No brass, no doors is very bad- what's the guarantee on the FW transfers these days? 

I think the FW transfers are probably guaranteed for HH as basic support. All 18 legions now have them. Some, perhaps the NL ones, might get redone. Still, I would keep a supply of sheets for the legions you want.

Deimos Rhinos aren't significantly more expensive than Razorback kit when purchasing the bundle.

Looks like another swathe are done. Although not marked as sold out, visiting the page lists them as no longer available. So far I can see the Land Raider Prometheus and Helios are gone, the air defence battery, Mortis dreadnought arms, various space wolf and red scorpion upgrades, more doors and pads as well as various imperial guard bits. A quick scan of Xenos show some bits are also affected. I reckon Forgeworld are slowly withdrawing from 40K altogether. If it’s an older piece and it’s 40k grab it sooner rather than later... Edited by zedmeister

Looks like another swathe are done. Although not marked as sold out, visiting the page lists them as no longer available. So far I can see the Land Raider Prometheus and Helios are gone, the air defence battery, Mortis dreadnought arms, various space wolf and red scorpion upgrades, more doors and pads as well as various imperial guard bits. A quick scan of Xenos show some bits are also affected. I reckon Forgeworld are slowly withdrawing from 40K altogether. If it’s an older piece and it’s 40k grab it sooner rather than later...

What about the Kriegers?

Looks like another swathe are done. Although not marked as sold out, visiting the page lists them as no longer available. So far I can see the Land Raider Prometheus and Helios are gone, the air defence battery, Mortis dreadnought arms, various space wolf and red scorpion upgrades, more doors and pads as well as various imperial guard bits. A quick scan of Xenos show some bits are also affected. I reckon Forgeworld are slowly withdrawing from 40K altogether. If it’s an older piece and it’s 40k grab it sooner rather than later...

What about the Kriegers?

I couldn't think of a better regiment to go plastic for a guard re-vamp, mabye Vostoryan Firstborn as well?