Heresy Fortification Networks

The Ironic Warrior

Hey all

So I was doing some reading and I dug out my old copy of stronghold assault. In it I found the old fortification network "Imperial Strongpoint", and the question I'm wondering is can we still use it in heresy?

The BRB mentions Fortification networks in the datasheet examples and the Strongpoint is referred to as a fortification network, and I can't see anywhere that it says you can't use stuff from stronghold assault.

Does this mean the Strongpoint is still a legal option for a single fortification Detachment?

Stronghold assault was the only source of Fortification datasheets for 40k, and so was used in heresy when it used 7th edition rules. There are no networks in the heresy rules at the moment so I don't understand why they would not be usable in a publication that hasn't been declared invalid by FW?

Yes, Stronghold Assault was used exclusively before we had the revised (7.5 ed. of sorts) Age of Darkness Rulebook.

Nowadays, the list of fortifications used is the one found in the aforementioned AoD Rulebook, superseding previous lists of fortifications.

In all honesty though, I'd just discuss it with my opponent / fellow players  / event organiser / whomever before a game.

Pretty sure most people wouldn't object to you using stuff from Stronghold Assault, but it should be cleared up for all involved beforehand.

Yeah I get what you mean, there's just nowhere that says they supercede all previous fortifications. Definitely the was ones like the bastion and aegis line are replaced as that is the newest version of the rules (as FW have said, use the latest version) and the latest version of the network is stronghold assault. Taking a bastion and two defence lines isn't too crazy in my eyes, especially with the other mad stuff that goes on in heresy lol!

Stronghold assault was the only source of Fortification datasheets for 40k, and so was used in heresy when it used 7th edition rules. There are no networks in the heresy rules at the moment so I don't understand why they would not be usable in a publication that hasn't been declared invalid by FW?

Oh, my apologies - I was talking guff.

No such thing as guff haha, it's just an odd topic, I've been discussing with people in my local group and there are all sorts of opinions about it, due to the ruleset not being superceded yet.

I wish Forgeworld would just hire the guys who run the Mournival page lol....I want Heavy Destroyers

No such thing as guff haha, it's just an odd topic, I've been discussing with people in my local group and there are all sorts of opinions about it, due to the ruleset not being superceded yet.

I wish Forgeworld would just hire the guys who run the Mournival page lol....I want Heavy Destroyers
OH yes, count me in.

Since GW is looking for new rulemongers on their community page it could be your moment to shine *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

Edit: raw the stronghold assault book is outdated but like wiser men already said: just talk to your friends and do it.

Edited by Gorgoff

The approach I have is if people still allow the primus readout then this is fine :D given they are both in the same book and I've seen people field the redoubt lol

Ooooh rulemongering you say? I need to check this out, where is the link?

It was on their facebook page.

Just check their community.