Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unit of the week: Broodlord

Tyranid Unit of the week Unit of the week series

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Spacecow

Spacecow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 169 posts
Inspired by Jud Cotrells’ broodlord, time for another

LvLnMIE.jpg

It’s somewhat of an auto include if you are running genestealers.

What hive fleet do you prefer? Or do you make your own?

Are there different ways you guys use this HQ unit?

How many do you guys like to run?
  • Jud Cottrell likes this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,751 posts

Totally new to the buffet, but this guy seems to be an auto-include in almost every competitive minded lists I've seen. I'm not exactly a super competitive player (I'm starting a 'nids force after all), but competitive lists tend to tease out and highlight synergies pretty well. 

Edited by Lemondish, 14 January 2020 - 04:29 PM.

IronDreddKnight

IronDreddKnight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 184 posts
Theyre damage output is fantastic but theyre a glass cannon. Speed is theyre best defence, which makes kraken the better hive fleet for them. Also why they partner so well with swarm lord so well with hive commander.

Of course they're buff aura is great, but this isnt the only role they can serve. They make great counter charge units for your gun line bugs.

One of our cheaper HQ choices helps fill out detachments for more CP.

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,225 posts
BL is an auto include for me. I send him up with my 2 gs squads, and that buff turns every infantry unit to shreds. Custodes, marines, neocons, you name it. Add catalyst on one of your stealer squads and you're good to go.

He is also scary in my opponent's mind. The bl itself never really does anything spectacular, but my opponents try to focus him down with sniper fire deepstrike. This is good as it opens up other opportunities for me

"Honor the Legion" - Warcry and Motto of the Legion of the Iron Lions.
k0EYErV.pnggallery_26154_15777_7710.png

Jud Cottrell

Jud Cottrell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,057 posts
He looks pretty damned good on paper (I’m still a way off playing games)

I’m planning on running him in my dual battalion list as a second Hq along side a Flyrant.

Which Hive Fleet would compliment his abilities best? (I’ll also be fielding 2 squads of Genestealers)

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,751 posts

I’m planning on running him in my dual battalion list as a second Hq along side a Flyrant.

Which Hive Fleet would compliment his abilities best? (I’ll also be fielding 2 squads of Genestealers)

I also haven't played a match with as Tyranids yet, but I would say Kraken seems best, especially with those Genestealers.

IronDreddKnight

IronDreddKnight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 184 posts

100% kraken broodlord and genestealers are always best in a kraken detachment.
  • Spacecow likes this

Jud Cottrell

Jud Cottrell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,057 posts
Thanks lads!
My Codex should arrive tomorrow!
Then I can start scheming properly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tyranid Unit of the week, Unit of the week series

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users