There is few things to consider to get the best from it :
- First, our Super Doctrine : While in Devastator Doctrine, Heavy and Rapid Fire weapons get +6" range, Assault and Pistol weapons get +3" range
- Devastator Doctrine also grant +1AP to Heavy Weapons
- All our units benefit from Grim Resolve, including Vehicles
- Our Litany (it's a bubble btw) : when a friendly DARK ANGELS INFANTRY unit that is within 6" of this unit and did not ADVANCE or FALL BACK this turn is chosen to shoot with, models in that unit can shoot with ranged weapons as if their unit had remained stationary.
So what could be good with these ?
- The obvious and currently most competitive is Leviathan + our Litany for 20 shoots 2+ to hit reroll the 1's at 38'' range S7 AP-3 Dmg2.
- Unrelated to thread but worth speaking of is Chaplain Dread with Inner Circle stratagem, put him next to a Ancient with the new Warlord trait (DW units within 6" reroll melee wounds versus CHARACTERS or models with 8+ Wounds) and Mantra of Strength. On the charge 7 attacks 2+ to-hit (reroll the 1's) S16 (full reroll against 8+ Wounds models) AP-3 Dmg4. He's a Imperial Knight killer. For more lulz give him a Drop Pod to deep strike along Deathwing Knights who would use +1S and DW bubble to the fullest.
- Squad(s) of Aggressors along a Chaplain with our Litany and Master of Maneuver (both are bubbles). T1 you reroll advance + shoot at 21'' without penalty, T2 you switch to Tactical Doctrine, move and then shoot two times at 23'' with Grim Resolve active and AP-1.
- For those who've read the Tau Tactica : 10 Vets with Storm Bolters & Storm Shield inside a Drop Pod. T1 Deep Strike, 42 shoots at 15''. Enjoy your 3++ to survive retaliation and then T2 benefit from Grim Resolve + Bolter Discipline + Tactical Doctrine.
- Plasma Devastators with Recitation of Focus (litany) and Weapons of the Dark Age. 4D3 shoots hit on 2+ reroll the 1's at 42'' S8 AP-4 Dmg3. Just add a Lieutenant already.
- Sicaran Punisher + our litanie = 27 (!) shoots hit on 3+ reroll the 1's S5 AP-2 Dmg1 at 56'' range
- Scorpius for 6D3 shoots at 54'' without LoS hit on 3+ reroll the 1's S6 AP-3 Dmg2, add a lieutenant + chaplain with catechism of Fire and you wound T5 on 2+ reroll the 1's, any Primaris unit caught out of cover will DIE
- You don't like Primaris castle ? Deathstorm Drop Pod with Missile Array : each turn all the units at 24'' or closer take 2 shoots on 4+ reroll the 1's S8 AP-3 Dmg D3
Edited by Chaplain Elijah, 14 January 2020 - 07:57 PM.