Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Uses for DA new "Super Doctrine"

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts

Eliminators with Las-fusils. Devastator doctrine yields 42" Str 8 AP-4 D3 a pop. Only Heavy 1, but two squads of three is 216 points.

Past Event Banners

Spoiler

TempestBlade

TempestBlade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 295 posts
I wish eliminator could go up to squads of 6.
gallery 48988 10069 380
IMG 1406

eternal_warrior12

eternal_warrior12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 96 posts
Yes to keep Eliminators alive in my games I have to shove infiltrators down people’s throats to pull attention. Even with camo cloaks a couple shots can ruin their effectiveness. The strength of them is undeniable but also a big bullet magnet.

Ania Redfang

Ania Redfang

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 249 posts

Have we looked at Invictors with the flame cannon? It's heavy so 18" range on that bad boy for 2D6 autohits. rolleyesclean.gif

• G8Keeper and eternal_warrior12 like this

SnakeChisler

SnakeChisler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,944 posts

Have we looked at Invictors with the flame cannon? It's heavy so 18" range on that bad boy for 2D6 autohits. rolleyesclean.gif

I recently built 3 and magneted the weapons, there's no real incentive to not run the incendium cannon anymore, I can get 2 into a ravenwing list hopefully they really take the pressure off the bikes T1

the dev bonus gives them neg 2 as well

thinking of running a standard bike squad with 2 flamers and a combi see how it works out up fro 8 to 11 is a big bonus

it will affect Terminators as well but 1D6 is a bit sparse you kind of need 2 or 3 to make it worth it

farfromsam

farfromsam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 465 posts
I'm not a smart man. I painted up 20 hell blasters thinking they must be cheaper than RWBK. And they are... by a point. There are many many reasons why RWBK are better, but can anyone find a reason to pick hell blasters over black knights with the new rules?

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts

Consistency? The Black Knights are still reliant on outside factors to get the most out of them (characters, stratagems, etc). You can plonk down Hellblasters and they'll perform well even without nubbins.

Past Event Banners

Spoiler

SnakeChisler

SnakeChisler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,944 posts

I'm not a smart man. I painted up 20 hell blasters thinking they must be cheaper than RWBK. And they are... by a point. There are many many reasons why RWBK are better, but can anyone find a reason to pick hell blasters over black knights with the new rules?

Double tap at 18 range is now 36 + 6" move at -5 in dev doctrines

Chaplain can give you +1 to hit against nearest visible target and take a Master or Azreal for re-rolls

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,043 posts
  • Faction: Wings of Dawn (DA Successors)

Double tap at 18 range is now 36 + 6" move at -5 in dev doctrines

Chaplain can give you +1 to hit against nearest visible target and take a Master or Azreal for re-rolls

Can't argue that...

I might pick up some hellblasters myself.

"Fiat lux!"
- Battle cry of the Wings of Dawn, a Dark Angel's Successor Chapter

gallery_26154_15777_630.png

Maxamato

Maxamato

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 394 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
The +1 to hit isn't against the nearest visible unit, it is the +1 to wound chant?

Phaeton

Phaeton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts
Hellblasters better than knights work with Azrael, because, you know, Azrael can't run fast enough to accompany black knights :)
Hellblasters can intercept enemy reinforcments with auspex scan, black knights not.
Hellblasters can shoot on death with ancient, black knights not.

Also, why take one of them instead of another? They are both good units for DA (RWBK slightly better). In my rosters starting with 1500 I plan to take both - 10 Hellblasters with Azrael and 10 RWBK with Talonmaster.
Loyalty is it's own reward - Lion El'Jonson
Dark Angels W/D/L 88/15/72

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts

The +1 to hit isn't against the nearest visible unit, it is the +1 to wound chant?

Correct. Recitation of Focus grants +1 to hit. Catechism of Fire grants +1 to wound against the closest enemy unit.

Past Event Banners

Spoiler

MistaGav

MistaGav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 324 posts

With this +1 to hit stuff, would I be right in thinking that it means plasmas guns won't overheat on a roll of 1? I'm thinking the Talonmaster with the new Warlord trait would mesh well with Landspeeder Vengeance.

Phaeton

Phaeton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts

With this +1 to hit stuff, would I be right in thinking that it means plasmas guns won't overheat on a roll of 1?

Yes it is
Loyalty is it's own reward - Lion El'Jonson
Dark Angels W/D/L 88/15/72

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,315 posts
Hold up. Natural 1s are always failures, so you would miss, but not overheat?

"Honor the Legion" - Warcry and Motto of the Legion of the Iron Lions.
k0EYErV.pnggallery_26154_15777_7413.png

sneakybamsen

sneakybamsen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,039 posts
  • Faction: DA, IK, TS

Hold up. Natural 1s are always failures, so you would miss, but not overheat?

Yes, miss, but not overheat.

• Fierce Bear likes this

A.K.A. Brother Cyphriel

Progress log for Dark Angels and a couple of knights: http://www.bolterand...-paintful-work/

eO4Lhjt.pngWLvJrn0.png7OYFHsF.png

TheFinisher4Ever

TheFinisher4Ever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 474 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
How does everyone feel about MM Typhoon Land Speeders with an Impeccable Mobility talonmaster for support? It's highly mobile and puts out quite a bit of dakka at 30".

Edited by TheFinisher4Ever, 28 January 2020 - 04:38 PM.

Ad Mech - 5,000 points

Blood Angels - 12,000 points

Dark Angels - 6,500 points

Deathwatch - 3,000 points

Eldar - 18,500 points

Imperial Fists - 5,000 points

Imperial Guard - 1,000 points

Grey Knights - 6,500 points

Sisters of Battle - 4,000 points

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,043 posts
  • Faction: Wings of Dawn (DA Successors)

How does everyone feel about MM Typhoon Land Speeders with an Impeccable Mobility talonmaster for support? It's highly mobile and puts out quite a bit of dakka at 30".

Very devilish of you. I like it.

On a different take, I played a squad of veterans with plasmas yesterday. The extra 3" for Rapid Firing the plasma came seriously handy, to get mw to reach targets behind screens, and after deployment.

Im thinking about trying a squad of plasma cannon devastators, in the drop, with the 1cp stratagem to fire as if static after the drop. So as to land in a good position with them, after deployment and extra reposition shennanigans arw done.

"Fiat lux!"
- Battle cry of the Wings of Dawn, a Dark Angel's Successor Chapter

gallery_26154_15777_630.png

SnakeChisler

SnakeChisler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,944 posts

Very devilish of you. I like it.

On a different take, I played a squad of veterans with plasmas yesterday. The extra 3" for Rapid Firing the plasma came seriously handy, to get mw to reach targets behind screens, and after deployment.

Im thinking about trying a squad of plasma cannon devastators, in the drop, with the 1cp stratagem to fire as if static after the drop. So as to land in a good position with them, after deployment and extra reposition shennanigans arw done.

I was thinking that's not too bad then had a look in our codex

Arghhhhh the options are all different from the index and most notably 7th

It says you can replace the main weapon  HB for a MM but you can't take an MM or a HB as your 2nd weapon that appears to be restricted too Typhoon, Assault Cannon or Heavy Flamer.

From a model point of view I'm ok coz stuff is on magnets but my trusty old dual HB is out and Dual MM is out too

Points wise Typhoon / HB or Assault Cannon / HB seem the optimal, MM / Assault Cannon looks pricey and MM on its own looks a bit bare may as well take an attack bike

On another note not sure why you'd put plasma cannons in a drop pod given the 42 inch range on another note may try Grav Cannons again their now 30" with neg 4 and your Chappie gives you movement

SnakeChisler

SnakeChisler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,944 posts

Just to add the splash Typhoon Missiles will get neg 1 as their heavy so neg 3 for the strength 8 versions 56" range should let you shoot just about anywhere on the board.

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,899 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Not sure if anyone mentioned how good this works with Infiltrators. 30" range on bolters that auto wound on 6's to hit with reroll 1s to hit if they didn't move on a unit that can start out almost anywhere on the board.

• SnakeChisler likes this

Angel of Solitude

Angel of Solitude

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, Thousand Sons

Infiltrators are interesting...having that extra 6" range could be helpful, but the problem I have with them is that they are twice the points of scouts. So for the same price as 1 squad, I can get two scout squads, which makes filling a Battalion just that bit easier.

Last night I tried out a full squad of Stalker Bolt Rifle Intercessors, supported by a Chaplain and a Lt...they are particularly tasty! I wasn't able to use them to snipe a character, but the AP-3 D2 42" profile of the weapon makes them very tasty. Chaplain support means that they can move and fire, hit on 3+ and re-roll 1's, extending their threat range to 48" and allow them to re-position. Grim Resolve also means that you're not going to lose much to morale.

gallery_48988_15465_43209.pnggallery_48988_15493_11529.pnggallery_48988_15200_20209.png

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,899 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Infiltrators are interesting...having that extra 6" range could be helpful, but the problem I have with them is that they are twice the points of scouts. So for the same price as 1 squad, I can get two scout squads, which makes filling a Battalion just that bit easier.

Last night I tried out a full squad of Stalker Bolt Rifle Intercessors, supported by a Chaplain and a Lt...they are particularly tasty! I wasn't able to use them to snipe a character, but the AP-3 D2 42" profile of the weapon makes them very tasty. Chaplain support means that they can move and fire, hit on 3+ and re-roll 1's, extending their threat range to 48" and allow them to re-position. Grim Resolve also means that you're not going to lose much to morale.

They are expensive. But you have to keep in mind that they are zoning all deep-striking unit out of charge range. What I mean here is that enemies deep striking in have to deploy over 12" away. Declared charges can only be against units within 12". So they have an very interesting interaction with deep-striked units.

The 10-man Stalker Bolt Rifle Intercessors sounds juicy! :D I like it!

ValourousHeart

ValourousHeart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,908 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Gossamer Shroud

I have 2 with the flame cannon and am currently building a 3rd with the autocannon.

Just need to get one more which will also have the autocannon.

They have performed stellar in all of my games so far.

Just need to keep them away from my units if I expect them to be killed.

Normally I don't roll 6s for explode with my other vehicles (1/6 average) and when those speeders explode it is only for 1 MW.

So far my Invictors have a 100% explode rate and the damage tends to be 4+ MW to everything in range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users