@Mandragola: The trees do look good with that mud on them, gives them a nicely non-uniform and natural look. The grey sludge of WW I is, oddly enough, an eerily beautiful sight on these models. If you wanted to push the shelled out look a bit further, maybe consider clipping some branches off and lay them in the mud? With full, rounded branching still on the trunks, they look more singed than shelled, unlike the very hard hit ground around them.

Even when there's some branches left, it'll be like this:

ww1_env_destruction.jpg

I've thought about this sort of thing. Looks very difficult to achieve, but potentially very effective if done right. 

I've currently got two methods of doing trees: these brass ones and the broken paintbrushes for stumps. But in either case there should really be branches everywhere.

gallery_48988_16045_103136.png

OK guys, two weeks to go! Let's wrap up our projects and make sure we make it to the finishing line!

@ Mard: your collection is growing to be very impressive! Well done mate and look forward for that Reaver! As a reminder you need to go to 5 Titans to go for Task 3. :wink: BTW, are you going to name them?

@ Stobz: Great news - I bet now they have names, they have personalities all of a sudden! It's not just a Warhound that's under fire, it's Eternal Night!!!! DO SOMETHING! :laugh.:

@ General Zodd: Well General, what can I say? The scenery and Thunderchild look mighty impressive! Your work on the flames really works well and the final result is definitely worth it - although I'm sure it must have been an uphill effort for the Warbringer (it was for me)... On to the Psi Titan!

@ Mandragola: It's great to see you are on track to finish all six Titans before the deadline - and they look amazing so far - the leg designs in particular! And I know how you feel about the rows of rivets - they are indeed tiny, but well worth doing! How did you find the Warbringer (looks ace) experience overall? Also can you please check the first page and confirm I got your vows right (or not)?

@ Rune Priest Ridcully: Of course they count - and they look awesome too! Just check the first page to confirm I got everything right! :smile.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Mard: your collection is growing to be very impressive! Well done mate and look forward for that Reaver! As a reminder you need to go to 5 Titans to go for Task 3. :wink: BTW, are you going to name them? 

Well I have another Reaver as well as this one to build, so let's adjust my vow for two more Reavers

Hjalmmeyjar and Svanmeyja!!

Hi @Captain, I decided to amend my vow to do the Astorum Warbringer instead of the Mortis Reaver that I'd originally planned. My 6 titans will therefore be:

- Penumbral Reaper

- 3 Mortis Warhounds

- Astrorum Warbringer

- Astorum Warhound

I've still got the Mortis Reaver in its box and will get round to it at some point. Hope this is all ok. If you'd like me to do the Reaver then I probbly still could.

Got a few titans I've been putting off for a while, so considering joining up for the last couple of weeks. Do the titans have to be fully unpainted when you vow them though?

I've sprayed the warhounds skeletons leadbelcher and given them a wash and drybrush, but haven't got much further than that or started on the reaver really.

@Captain you asked for my thoughts on the Warbringer. Overall I found it a great kit, but almost too detailed. There's so much going on and a huge amount of edging to paint.

Posing the thing isn't that easy. The lower leg plates can cause issues and I had a bit of trouble with them on the right leg, where the ankle is angled forward. I had to shave a bit off the inside of the plates for them to fit.

I've magnetised the quake cannon, which took a lot of work. I've made a bellicosa to fit it but need to make something to replace the magazines. I expect we'll see a bellicosa model before too long (perhaps in just a couple of hours!) so I haven't prioritised this. I've got a second one of these in its box anyway.

One thing I've found is that overall it feels a bit less alive than some of the other titans. The warbringer is much more of a walking gun platform as it sort of lacks arms and its main gun is in no way anatomical. So I've found it lacks a bit of character compared to the other stuff, for me at least. I enjoy posing titans and while I think I've managed to get a realistic pose here, it's nothing exciting.

:eek: Wait, what?

:jawdrop:

This is a hugely impressive pice of scenery man, I think it qualifies for the title of Ordinate! Wow! You really like your scenery building don't you? Well the result is mighty impressive and you should be rightly proud! 

So with the Lockdown I might as well do it, I hereby vow to complete the Princeps Venerablis, by adding a warlord to Legion Oberon.

Not sure on the currently debating Credens Justitian, Credens Virtute or Virtus Liberans (Believing in Justice, Believing in Virtue or Deliverance of Virtue)
med_gallery_49955_7636_7459.jpg
med_gallery_49955_7636_116049.jpg

Hello all, hope you’re keeping safe and sane out there?! I’ve been doing both by staying in all weekend and finishing my Pledge with the dreaded Psi-Titan Polaris-Kotodama, along with some weapon options for the big lad;

pXTXECd.jpg

Close up of the Lion symbol from Scibor Miniatures and his red right hand;

GP95RLY.jpg

The Sinistramanus Tenebrae;

vv1RIKj.jpg

And the only unit I’m not really happy with, the green glow around the runes;

3l9BKyL.jpg

And seeing as we have almost two weeks to go, I’m going to make one final push to get a sixth God-Engine done, with the addition of a melee focused Reaver for my Fureans;

5CbdgdA.jpg

I’ve tried to capture a classic Wolverine/Come-and-have-a-go-if-you-think-you’re-hard-enough type pose!

That Psi-titan is awesome Zodd. I think the green-ish colouring works really well. And there's loads of other great work here.

Bit of an update from me. My four warhounds are well on their way now. Transfers are going on, which is the last step before weathering. Quite a lot of rust to apply to the Mortis guys and mud for everyone, but the end is in sight.

49742899096_9094b50bb3_h.jpg

Quite pleased with how the patterns on the mortis hounds' legs have come out. The diamond one was tough.

1st Reaver joins the Legio

gallery_84606_16197_227843.jpg

Now onto Reaver #2
Definetly getting better at magnetising these. Not sure if these will be the final weapons

gallery_84606_16197_41660.jpg

The whole plan for my basing is a city in the early stages of titan war, so I'll be doing lesds parks now and more military complex's up aginst roads.
2 More Warhounds stashed away here while we're in self isolation, then I might have to do some searching online for more titans.

On another note, how do people base their Titanicus terrain? I have a few bits of the FW sets, and they're all so low to the ground.
Are they just used as terrain blockers for Knights?

------------------------Edit a few hours later-----------------------------------------

Base is complete, hope it stll matches in with the rest

med_gallery_84606_16197_186935.jpg

Edited by Mard

More excellent stuff! Great to see the late pledge additions too, 8 days to go, best of luck!

@General Zodd That psi-titan is absolutely gorgeous! Well done!

@Mandragola These warhounds are sexy, the patterns are superb. On the pic it is like the Mortis ones are chasing the Astorum guy :biggrin.:

@Mard That is a gorgeous legio, I love your bases, excellent idea to go for something different from a blasted landscape filled with ruins. And to echo Sherrypie, those fences are very cool. What have you used to make them?

:eek: Wait, what?

:jawdrop:

This is a hugely impressive pice of scenery man, I think it qualifies for the title of Ordinate! Wow! You really like your scenery building don't you? Well the result is mighty impressive and you should be rightly proud! 

Thanks a lot! I'm extremely happy that you think it qualifies for the title of Ordinate, it warms my heart (and removes the fear of becoming a servitor :biggrin.: ).

Yes, I do like my scenery building, I am truly enjoying this. I would add that the quality of what people here on B&C are achieving is pushing me forward as well and that is something I find great about the community here. Now, I need to find a new pot of Agrax because I totally emptied the one I was busy with.

On another note, how do people base their Titanicus terrain? I have a few bits of the FW sets, and they're all so low to the ground.
Are they just used as terrain blockers for Knights?

I haven't acquired the FW terrain sets, primary reason being they are indeed so low to the ground and I like taller structures. The manufactorum set allows for more elevation, same as the civitas imperialis and spires sets. I would advise mixing both and also foamboard, plasticard, … to get taller structures. Otherwise, they can be used on titans' bases.

Echoing the two previous posters, that fence is amazing. It is weird how much more real that one base you finished looks because the vista it represents is so out of real life: a street by a mostly empty lot used as a storage area with containers and barrels of random things. I know several places like that and I wager almost everyone else knows as well.

That Psi-titan is awesome Zodd. I think the green-ish colouring works really well. And there's loads of other great work here.

Bit of an update from me. My four warhounds are well on their way now. Transfers are going on, which is the last step before weathering. Quite a lot of rust to apply to the Mortis guys and mud for everyone, but the end is in sight.

49742899096_9094b50bb3_h.jpg

Quite pleased with how the patterns on the mortis hounds' legs have come out. The diamond one was tough.

Thanks Mandragola! Those ‘Hounds are looking fantastic too, really like the dynamic poses you’ve managed to achieve without making them look goofy, and the diamond patterns are particularly impressive! Frustrated Harlequin player, perhaps?!