Do we post WIP pics in this thread or do we create one for them?

Here you’re only required the “before” and “after” pics. However you’re encouraged to post regular WIPs shots to keep the momentum going. Of course, you’re totally free to make a new project log with your work or indeed post pics in one of your existing ones if you so wish. Totally up to you. :)

I, No Foes Remain, vow in the name of the Emperor, Terra and the Ideals of Unity to complete one Tactical Squad, and one Five-Strong Heavy Support from the 2nd Company, 1st Battalion and one Comtemptor Mortis of the 1st Battalion Dreadnought Reserves of the Warborn Sub-Unit of the XIIIth Legion attached to the 10th Expeditionary Fleet - designation: Legion of Terra.

gallery_62975_16082_487059.jpg

I also need to sort out a lightbox but thats another matter completely.

Edited by No Foes Remain

gallery_48988_16053_102071.png

The ratio between Loyalists and Traitors stands at 3:1 (12 vs. 4). Any more to pledge for the Warmaster? of course the important thing is to complete the pledged units - unfinished vows do no count towards the Moral High Ground! ;)

@ okonomiyakimarine: Welcome aboard! Let's see those Tizcans come to life!

@ Angel of Solitude: Noted brother. And corrected. :)

@ sarabando: Good luck man, the Warmaster needs all the help he can get!

@ No Foes Remain: Great, let's see that cobalt blue shine! (or any other shade to care to do :lol:)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, infyrana, pledge in the name of Death Guard loyalists to complete a Tactical Support Squad (x10 plasma), Seeker Squad (9x combi-plasma, 1x bolter), Heavy Support Squad (x5 ML), Legion Centurion (Champion), Crysos Morturg conversion and hopefully one of the Apothecaries by 15th April 2020.

DG Vow To paint

I haven't painted much for a very long time (we're talking since 3rd edition here).  I am hoping to get three of these done within the 2 month time frame for that Chaplain siggie and really want to push myself this year to paint.  I've been playing around with some test models and the moment the vow came live on the 15th Jan 2020 I started painted from scratch one of my thrown together Delegatus (PF/Volkite) models (not quite completed yet as it needs eyes, matt finish, a new base and weathering powders), but I really wish I had taken a picture of it before I started so I could have added to this vow!

DG Delegatus

I, Pearson73, vow in the name of the Emperor to avenge our fallen Primarch and the sundered dreams of unity, pledging the following to the indomitable Iron Tenth: Master of Signals (bare bones); Drop Pod; Five Cataphractii Terminators armed with combi-bolters and chain-fists, by 15th April 2020.

med_gallery_71441_14877_36169.jpg

The drop pod will be stripped prior to spraying, it's quite the charity case.

I was thinking of pledging for Horus. But Vogon’s gone and put the pressure on! Might have to stay under the radar - I’ve never done 3 units in 3 months!

LameBeard, my brother, have courage! You'll never know if you can do it unless you try. A few years ago I would have sworn I couldn't. You could try starting out with smaller chunks (e.g. go for the 5 man squad, not the 20).

Emperor knows that the foul traitors can use all the help they can get. What's the worst that can happen? You don't get as much painted as you planned... but you still end up with some painted. Besides, you get to hang out here with us and we're ... uh ... special.

Come on bro, give it a shot!

Gotten some work on the Contemptor done today. Did a basecoat of Iron Warriors on the "darker" metal areas (which don't show up well in this image I now notice....), and some Balthazar Gold for the bronze, and applied a wash of Nuln Oil:
7OA8NV7.jpg

Also finished the head, barring some highlights here and there:
q4Uxeso.jpg

Edited by Gederas

gallery_48988_16053_102071.png

@ infyrana: great to see you taking the L&T as an opportunity to come back to painting! :) If you manage 3 units in two months you will indeed qualify for the Chaplain badge BUT if you manage 6 units in the entire event you will ALSO qualify for the Champion badge. I'm just saying because you've pledged 5 units. One more will also make you eligible for Champion (as well as the Chaplain of course - provided you complete 3 units in two months) :)

@ Pearson: Always good to see the seasoned veterans return! :yes: Good luck sir!

@ LameBeard: Go ahead and do it! Worse thing that can happen? You didn't finish them! :o That surely is not the end of the world now is it? :lol: Look, I'll tell you what, go and vow small model-count units, even single model units if you have any lying around. A "quick win" will improve morale and create momentum.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Some WIP stuff:

Got the base red on my Angel’s Tears squad and the Terminators.

lAj08NQ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

UA3TTp6_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

And a slightly more detailed test model for the Terminators. Not finished yet but generally happy with where he’s going. He needs some more details doing and some tidying up before weathering.

tYfXQQ1_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I was thinking of pledging for Horus. But Vogon’s gone and put the pressure on! Might have to stay under the radar - I’ve never done 3 units in 3 months!

LameBeard, my brother, have courage! You'll never know if you can do it unless you try. A few years ago I would have sworn I couldn't. You could try starting out with smaller chunks (e.g. go for the 5 man squad, not the 20).

Emperor knows that the foul traitors can use all the help they can get. What's the worst that can happen? You don't get as much painted as you planned... but you still end up with some painted. Besides, you get to hang out here with us and we're ... uh ... special.

Come on bro, give it a shot!

@ LameBeard: Go ahead and do it! Worse thing that can happen? You didn't finish them! :ohmy.: That surely is not the end of the world now is it? :laugh.: Look, I'll tell you what, go and vow small model-count units, even single model units if you have any lying around. A "quick win" will improve morale and create momentum. 

OK, OK, thanks for the encouragement. I'll give it a go. I just wanted to make sure there were no penalty points like ETL.  And if I'm on the side of the Warmaster it had better be my Alpha Legion.  I have the bits for a Delgatus ready to go, plus 4 veterans (must hunt through bits box to see if I can scrape a fifth). Not sure what the 3d unit will be yet ... would be nice to have them all together ready to be sprayed metallic blue together.  Or maybe I can cobble together a few World Eaters as that last pledge, but World Eaters without chain axes is like cheese on toast without the cheese.

LameBeard, good to see you’re giving it a go. Remember, you have three months, you don’t need to get it all done in the first week, there’s plenty of time.

Having said that I thought I’d knock off the easy win first and have after an afternoon and morning at the hobby table I’ve got my first unit (Assault Preator) completed apart from the base.

gallery_92760_11494_1044723.jpeg

Unfortunately I’ve run out of Druchii Violet so I can’t crack on with the fire raptor straight away so I’m going to start on the Castigator instead.

Cheers

Vogon

I'll match Grot's and Vogon's first finished models with my own:

med_gallery_62975_16082_17004.jpg

Just need to crack on with those marines now, but if I finish the 2nd base coat today and try to get some washed I should be able to finish it all of on tuesday on my day off. Then I can get my other units built and vow'ed.

Wow, I’m really impressed by all the completions so far even though it’s the first weekend. Well done everyone!

Mark0sian. Quick work guy, I reall like the lightning effect on the power sword.

Well I got a bit more done today. I’ve never had a go at painting a vehicle interior before (I’ve never seen the point) but I decided to push myself this time. It may never be seen again once it’s done but I’ll know it’s there. The pilot and interior of the Castigator so far.

gallery_92760_12618_818451.jpeg

gallery_92760_12618_872486.jpeg

For the Emperor!

Vogon

My plan for this year is to concentrate on my aeldari faction. I spent pretty much the whole of last year painting power armour so I thought I needed a change.

However.......

I really enjoyed the L&T event last year and I think it was the first event I completed after joining the B&C. So, as a little nod to our xenos friends, I've come up with a kind of wraith list for my vow.

I, Dwango, pledge 7 units for the First Legion and to Caliban. 1 leviathan with two storm cannons and 6 contemptors with various loadouts. May those who abandoned us and left us to rot feel our wrath. (That would be a declaration for the warmaster as it's a bit one sided at the moment).

med_gallery_141590_15861_1040182.jpg

I may well have bitten off more than I can chew as its pretty hectic in the house at the moment but, if I can do 3 I may as well do 7 right!?

LameBeard, good to see you’re giving it a go. Remember, you have three months, you don’t need to get it all done in the first week, there’s plenty of time.

Having said that I thought I’d knock off the easy win first and have after an afternoon and morning at the hobby table I’ve got my first unit (Assault Preator) completed apart from the base.

gallery_92760_11494_1044723.jpeg

Unfortunately I’ve run out of Druchii Violet so I can’t crack on with the fire raptor straight away so I’m going to start on the Castigator instead.

Cheers

Vogon

Can I ask about the recipe, especially for the silver and the cloak?

Cheers

Vogon

Can I ask about the recipe, especially for the silver and the cloak?

The silver is simply Leadbelcher, Nuln Oil, then Runefang. The cloak is Abaddon, Mechanicum Standard Grey then Dawnstone.

Quick and simple for big units but can also go to town on characters.

Cheers

Vogon

Now that I'[ve gotten things sorted....... ah, whom I kidding.... Now that I've stopped being lazy, I shall officially pledge my minimum 3 units.

I, Inquisitor Verhek, in the name of The Holy Emperor of Mankind, do solemnly pledge to put forth the hereldry and history of these unknown loyal units which particiipated throughout the tragedy of the Heresy.

One support unit of (10) Raven Guard plasma gunners.

One unit of (10) Imperial Fist Breachers.

One unknown unit of Salamanders.

Vid captures shall be added once photo servitors ar uploaded.