Two week (almost) update time!

Venerable Brother Naymon

I came to feel these sons of Caliban are true brothers within the legion. We have fought together, we have bled together, welcomed extant humanity into the Imperium together, and destroyed worlds together. Yet, we cannot hate together. We are betrayed, together, and have sworn the same oaths of vengeance and punishment against the traitors. Yet, they are not the brothers with whom I built the foundation for the Emperor's realm. So few of us remain. When we left Caliban and took to the stars our brothers brought their weapons with us. The corvus  with its hammer and pick. The aper with its axe and spear. And their swords, reluctantly, as they had been promised a quest of unification. We Terran brothers were proud of our swords - both gifts from the personal forges of the Emperor and legacies of the Throneworld's industry. The Calibanites were askance. The sword is a poor weapon for the hunt they said. On Caliban it is reserved for men; a death for oath breakers, traitors, and betrayers of their feudal lords. Each sword-compliance was considered necessary, but not celebrated. Yet now it seems we have entered the time of the sword; brothers of the Lion, sons of Caliban and sons of Terra both, united against treachery. I gave away my sword when I was interred in the ironform. Instead, I pledge my word - my existence is now that of the sword.

Assembled, magnetized, and the black paneling done.

mPMcvVYm.jpg  4zsIJGYm.jpg

bcc6tQIm.jpg  H3GCAmVm.jpg

Veteran Tactical Squad

"If it is the office of the knight to fight the traitor, and if it is the office of the treacherous knight to fight for his treacherous lord, what is the office of the knight? And if a courage as evil as the courage of a treacherous knight seeks to vanquish the courage of a loyal knight, what is it that the lofty courage of a knight who fights out of loyalty is seeking to vanquish or overcome?" It is the last question we are asked before we are allowed take our final step into the center of the spiral. The knight who fights out of loyalty is seeking to vanquish all that would lead humanity into treachery. There is no greater courage than the courage to fight against all that is inhuman.

Roughly half the green stuff work done.

5DXImO9m.jpg  Fr2PfPxm.jpg

The test model which I completed before working on the others.

nPykh0hm.jpg?1  k8Relynm.jpg  

Legion Praetor

The Phoenician asked the Lion, once, why he called us 'little brothers' rather than his sons. The Lion answered, "We are all brothers of the Order and they are smaller than me." Fulgrim had that look he got whenever he wasn't sure if someone was taking him seriously. We knew the Lion had answered honestly; any son of Caliban knows the importance of going to the pyre without deceit staining the soul. I did not follow him into wars which defy the magnitude of human conception because of some expression of the Emperor's gene-craft. He had sworn himself to the Emperor in a quest to unite mankind. What sort of brother would I be to not offer my shield-arm to a brother who would surely need it?

A very rough composition draft.

1V4rpXwm.jpg?1  

My third and final unit: The Angels Tears with assault cannons and grenade launchers!

I really like the fluff behind this unit, that they all wear silver helmets and any disgrace for using their particular weapons is left with the helmet when the brother moves on to another duty. I tried to keep this idea of anonymity and raided my bits box to try and make them all as identical as I possibly could so that no brother could be identified by any distinguishing marks on their armour.

vYtyGST_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

gJXHna8_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I’ll post a group shot of them all when I can find a decent background.

I think that takes the Loyalists into the lead but I’m sure the Warmaster’s followers will have something up their sleeve :)

Edited by MARK0SIAN

GAH so close to being done I can feel it. the local GW said they have their usual fedex order in later today so I should get my bases tomorrow (I haven't got a clue where mine ran off too). Hopefully I'll have a completion tomorrow.

gallery_107230_14721_126822.jpg

On the plus side of this experiment... plastic heavy weapon bodies+resin weapons are actually a fantastic combination to use a heat gun on. Now I know how to do all the fiddly stupid feeder lines without any issues. I usually don't bother as there aren't a lot of feeder lines on missiles or heavy bolters/autocannons.

Just need to find three heads and two sets of arms then everythings built. Started undercoating everything else and got basecoats down on the rhino and a couple of guys. Feels good to be working on my Wolves again instead of Chaos for once.

Vespasian that's looking superb. And fantastic work ya lot. MARK0SIAN, clever grenade launchers, and the assault cannons always look divine. Noice. Jaxom, I'm always a fan of fluff, I really really am. Good on ya mate :) And seriously rocking work y'all!

As for me, well, I may have gotten some stuff finally done! Gah I really need to write more on this.

gallery_107230_14721_47052.jpg

I, mercbat from the Aett, vow in the name of Russ and The Allfather to completely paint:

- 1 x Grey Slayers pack (10 men strong)

- 1 x Tactical Support Melta squad (5 men strong)

- 2 x Legion Dreadnoughts

- 1 x Mortificator consul

until April \15\2020.

L&T 2020 Start pic

If I'd manage to get needed pauldrons, I'll paint 4 members of Command Squad to accompany Banner bearer. This would be out-of-pledge, as I promised to Captain Semper.

I genuinely didn’t think I would get any hobby in this weekend with everything else I had going on. However last night I though I had a half hour or so, so I broke out my Coronus to work on the gold.

Several hours later and this had happened.

gallery_92760_12618_1443015.jpeg

That really is it for this weekend though as I really do have too much on today.

Cheers

Vogon

I, LameBeard, vow to complete, before 15th April 2020, the following units:

1 Alpha Legion Consul (chaplain or delegatus)

1 Apha Legion Veteran Squad (5)

1 World Eater Veteran Squad (5)

Success shall add to the eternal glory of the Warmaster, and failure to my eternal shame.

med_gallery_93054_12142_252592.jpg

Bits for consul and sergeant with artificer armour, plus one more legionaire (well torsos at least)

med_gallery_93054_12142_417660.jpg

Other 3 of the XX squad

med_gallery_93054_12142_546996.jpg

World Eater squad. Note that I started my World Eaters so long ago that Forgeworld hadn't even started Horus Heresy, but had just released those Red Scorpion bits - hence the Kromlech legs and a mix of other things collected over the years.

med_gallery_93054_12142_116575.jpg

This was the test model (unfinished). I deliberately chose a lightish blue, one lighter than Ultramarine-type blue under the old scheme. I think it's Caledor Sky/Teclis Blue? But now I'm thinking of going darker/dirtier - maybe a slightly grey blue using the Vallejo range. Any tips appreciated.

I realise a few of the models above look like they've been started but will probably get a base coat spray to get consistent colour anyway, so I beg your collective indulgence.

LameBeard - I use Macragge, Caledor Sky and Teclis Blue as the basis for my Guardsman:

Lu6lVSnm.jpg

This scout is based with Kantor Blue:

ueLBTROm.jpg

I hope that helps.

I've finished the modeling work on the Veteran Tactical Marines and will be working on the Sergeant and Praetor next.

The Ragged Knight

DkK1ncum.jpg lBWxthBm.jpg eAPzjApm.jpg

Brother Oleifr

wuu4dJjm.jpg  3IYL5cmm.jpg  d9WqOcqm.jpg  oefRADJm.jpg

Brother Garrick

7uM8mSwm.jpg Gg9anSqm.jpg ZJMd55qm.jpg

Brother Videan

k8Relynm.jpg arnd06hm.jpg

Parts of them were blu-tac'ed on for the pictures, to make painting easier.

gallery_48988_16053_102071.png

Tremendous progress all around!

Now, I have to say, I'm getting super-excited with the future releases on the DAs and the NLs! Thramas may be the most exciting thing since Istvaan III.

@ Sarabando: congratulations on your completion - the rusty damage is super effective! And yeah, you may vow more if you wish. Just don't fail... :wink:

@ LameBeard: Great to see you come aboard! Go Heresy! Good luck sir!

@ No Foes Remain: Great completion man! A great equaliser and indeed the train's brakes are in permanent malfunction state... :tongue.:

@ Vykes: Amazing stuff as usual... I had to deduce the units you completed - was this the Centurion (my guess) or the Praetor?

@ Stix: OK man, your extra MoS is recorded as pledged and as completed! Well done!

So keep the fires of the Heresy burning everyone, this is not a time for the fainthearted! And book IX is approaching... :yes:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Had a couple of days off from painting so I dont get burn out, discovered Mass Effect and watched three seasons of Stranger Things back to back so thats occupied me for a bit. Gona squeeze in an hours painting now before bed to try finish off the Wolf Lord and the Rhino. 

URL=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/274937-lt20/]gallery_60230_9650_1738747.jpg[/url]

I pledge:

-10 Sisters of Silence with Greatswords(Prosecutors?)

-Captain Verulam Moy of the Sons of Horus

-5 Iron Havocs with Heavy Bolters.

-18 Adsecularis.

Oh crap, forgot:

-Salamanders Consul Chaplain.

-Salamanders Centurion.

For the... Imperium? I guess? Don't think any SoS would declare for Horus, like, ever.

Edited by lokkorex

I, Dosjetka, vow to fully paint two Legion Centurions and a Navigator in the name of the Loyalists by the 15th March 2020. Failure is not an option.

gallery_45765_11814_394894.png

III Legion Praefector Arko Vusial, Navigator Shahzad Payam Locarno, and XVI Legion Lieutenant Roth Evakhand