Success on vow Number 1, Starting vow Number 2:

I went pretty hard on the Pigments and I feel Like the oil Wash on the Metal could be a Bit more pronounced, but all in all I am quite happy. I could also really have Glied IT together more cleanely.

Also: my templar brethren have an ride now.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

Another quick progress update so you can all keep me honest ;)

Second Sabre tank now assembled and magnetised, and the MkIII squad is now fully assembled:

XfzHpsl.jpg?1

The pace should pick up on things once I get it all base coated...

Part 2 of my vow complete so I’m Making good progress and am over halfway through.

Baroness Jaya of House Vyridion Walks

gallery_92760_12618_1780943.jpeg

Now I need to finish the Coronus Grav Carrier and then get cracking on the Fire Raptor.

Keep up the good work everyone, we’re not quite a third of the way through the allowed time so let’s keep up the motivation.

Cheers

Vogon

And because I forgot to post the finished pictures of the Siege Breaker (he's been done since before Perturabo was done :laugh.:) here he is:

I like that, what model is it? Or did you convert?

It's the 2016 Forge World event-exclusive Praetor in Cataphractii Armour:

blogger-image--834604763.jpg

Just a slight conversion, as I cut the combi-Volkite off and replaced it with a Combi-Melta and gave him a helmeted head.... And used some Dark Angels baubles to hide a gap in his back. But that's also how I modeled his Phosphex Bombs.

All models are now base coated!

ABhlRNt.jpg?1

First Sabre also has most of the metal drybrushing complete, and the first stages of the white and red quarters chapter emblem that I'm trying to incorporate across all my 1st Legion forces:

sWWbf8h.jpg?1

More fantastic updates everyone!  Gederas, those blue eyes stand right out on that Termi :smile.:

Here's a small update with one model getting early brass trimmings and an oil wash'n'wipe to test how it looks before I continue further.  I definitely think it's a lot better than my first test mini, having dropped a wash that I did between as it left the mini too dark.  My only concern is there's a turntable with about 34 individual gun bits waiting to be painted and despite their magnets, very fiddly to work with.  Apologies for the terrible images:

DG update 1 front

DG update 1 back

DG update 1 mcro shot

gallery_48988_16053_102071.png

This is a showcase of the love of the HH setting! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the new participants and congrats to those who completed!

So funny thing this. Somehow a LR Proteus that I forgot I owned got Mixed Up with my Spartan parts during my moves in the Ost year.
So thats Part of vow No 2 now AS well

If I understood correctly from the above, you're adding a Proteus to your edged units. Let me know it I got this wrong.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I am not sure, if models have to be based to qualify. I just did not feel like painting today and gluing sand and bits is something you can do while supervising the kid. The bases are four 5/6 of my vow, so I just soldier on and line them up one after the other.

B189-CB26-B5-DC-4-ED3-B095-7-BC7-AEC337-

Some progress to represent I'm not dead.

Grey Slayers Pack

Grey Slayers

Little note: If you wake up in the morning and think - "Hmm, that shield pattern I saw in dreams tonight, it can be easily done, and I can use it for all my Grey Slayers..." - you are in trouble, my friend. Don't think I'll have courage to repeat it in less than a year.

Grey Slayers Pack

Little note: If you wake up in the morning and think - "Hmm, that shield pattern I saw in dreams tonight, it can be easily done, and I can use it for all my Grey Slayers..." - you are in trouble, my friend. Don't think I'll have courage to repeat it in less than a year.

Excellent job on those Grey Slayers!  They look menacing and ready for battle, what arms and shields did you use please ?  That's the one issue I have with all my spare MkIII guys, I want MkIII melee arms, there aren't enough on the sprues and I can't afford the resin option - definitely envious of these shield marines :smile.:

Edit: Manners :)

Edited by infyrana

Been a minute, but I've made excellent progress!

Almost Done

I've got them mostly finished. All of the armor panels are done, the different colored sections are finished. Gotta go touch up, need to add all of the insignia, and do my washes and drybrushes and such. Should have them all done easily by the end of the month!

Grey Slayers Pack

Excellent job on those Grey Slayers!  They look menacing and ready for battle, what arms and shields did you use please ?  That's the one issue I have with all my spare MkIII guys, I want MkIII melee arms, there aren't enough on the sprues and I can't afford the resin option - definitely envious of these shield marines :smile.:

Edit: Manners :smile.:

Thanks! Arms is a big sorrow. Most of arms are Frankensteins. Every one built from 1-3 MKIII bolter arms + some spares from ordinary marines + greenstuff where needed, some of them are precious remnants of FW MKIII upgrade pack, cut and reposed too. As for shields - they are completely scratchbuilt. 1mm plasticard and other materials from Tamiya. Hope it helps! :)