At least some work was done this weekend.

Oils and Enamels for the tanks still missing. Then its just the metals. Painting meet at the club on wednesday to get started on the dread.

At least some work was done this weekend.

Oils and Enamels for the tanks still missing. Then its just the metals. Painting meet at the club on wednesday to get started on the dread.

Oils is my next step for my deredeo :) such a pain but so worth it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9fJIFBn_pH/?igshid=18fyyiheyb37z

Ok it took some time but I'm pleased to report my vow is done!

img_20200308_1617025307445600893579909-s

img_20200308_1616495844290687612027129-s

img_20200308_162031650779237035384307-sc

img_20200308_1621576005607737988974571-s

I do still have some hazard strip decals to attach when they arrive later in the week (as I couldn't manage to free hand them without making them look sucky). But the paint jobs are done and I'm happy how they've come out

Finally just got 3 (of 6) units completed - Centurion, Crysos Morturg and 5x Heavy Support w/Missile Launchers.

Everything I've done on these has been a learning curve from subtle eyes (green glazed, but not as popping as I was hoping), washes (ink, oil and enamel on each), weathering pencil (great for edge lining), pigments (still can't quite get a shaded 'mix' of rust colouration) and good ole matt varnish.  Apologies for the poor image, so for example the Centurion's scabbard is Rhinox hide with brass metal parts all of which had been shaded/highlighted, but the oil wash dulls a heck of a lot of it down and blends in the grime look.  My hope is that I somehow discover a good method of applying the pigments (track, medium and light rust) to get a nice dusty mars'esque looking colour.  Overall though I am very happy for this L&T as I now have some completed models among my rather large sea of grey.

DG 3units complete

Right, with only a little over a month left I finally had the time to finish striping and re-undercoating my ebay rescues. I also replaced the damaged arm on the Magos with a spare Datasmith arm.

gallery_29932_12734_51934.jpg

Now I just need to get the time to paint and remember what how I painted my army three or so years ago.

i thought the final dead line was this week not the chaplain title dead line XD :cuss does this mean im gonna be adding even more to my pledge? ....maybe.

Anyway ive done the oils on my dereo

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9mChNdnZFz/

24 hours before i can varnish and finish.

Finally make some good inroads into my Tactical Squad. Weapon casings are now completed with a base coat, and all the MkIII armour trim has been completed. Oh man, that is painful!

DsFjpDl.jpg?18neJ5ry.jpg?1D9MiFxR.jpg?1

There's the bases left to do, edge highlighting, and I need to settle on a colour for the top armour pad trim.

Finally make some good inroads into my Tactical Squad. Weapon casings are now completed with a base coat, and all the MkIII armour trim has been completed. Oh man, that is painful!

There's the bases left to do, edge highlighting, and I need to settle on a colour for the top armour pad trim.

Looking good!  Your blacks have come out very smooth and clean, how did you achieve that?  Last time I tried they never looked that good lol.  Yep, that MkIII trim is a pain if you like to try and get it super neat and tidy.

Speaking of the trim, why not keep it as per the rest and having it all silver metallic ?  Keep the brass or whatever other colour you fancy for your veterans maybe.

Looking good!  Your blacks have come out very smooth and clean, how did you achieve that?  Last time I tried they never looked that good lol.  Yep, that MkIII trim is a pain if you like to try and get it super neat and tidy.

Speaking of the trim, why not keep it as per the rest and having it all silver metallic ?  Keep the brass or whatever other colour you fancy for your veterans maybe.

Can you keep a secret? CItadel chaos black primer spray :wink:

I may well paint the top trim silver metallic, keep things simple. I want to include some sort of red in the scheme - in line with the new Forge World style - but I don't think it would suit. A more silver metal, instead of gun/iron metal, might be a good contrast for it.

As I already finished with my Titans of the Heresy pledge and I am feeling like painting some more, I would like to make a late entrance to the Loyalty and Treachery for the year. In fealty to the Emperor of Mankind I pledge to paint three squads of Adeptus Custodes to provide some oversight for my Dark Angel legionnaires:

1 x 3-men Custodian guard squad

gallery_96210_12807_326052.jpg

1 x 3-men Sentinel guard squad

gallery_96210_12807_519452.jpg

1 x 3-men Hetaeron guard squad (represented by 40k wardens as they lack miniatures at the moment)

gallery_96210_12807_78289.jpg

Our loyalty is beyond reproach, so our pledge is of course for the loyalists. Oh and there will obviously be shields for all of the Sentinel guards, just happened to forget to take them into the picture. There might also potentially be a cape for both of the "leader" figures, I am not yet sure whether I want to use them on standard Custodes (or as standard as something like a Custodes can be).

Thanks for the vote of confidence sarabando, but I don't think I can rise to the challenge. That being said though, staying home because of coronavirus (not quarantined or infected, but forbidden to go to the office) has done wonders for my productivity. The custodian guard squad is finished (pictured here with 2 earlier members I had painted previously).

gallery_96210_12807_281848.jpg

well im done with spider dread :D for an army that was only going to be a 500pt ZM force its got a little out of hand XD

5gYq776.jpg

caVP2NQ.jpg

gLZ9diy.jpg

Thats me done (yeah right)

Sarabando, have you ever thought of doing some tutorial vids? I’d definitely watch to see how you’ve done all the various effects on your SoH guys :)