well im done with spider dread :biggrin.: for an army that was only going to be a 500pt ZM force its got a little out of hand XD

5gYq776.jpg

caVP2NQ.jpg

gLZ9diy.jpg

Thats me done (yeah right)

Sarabando, have you ever thought of doing some tutorial vids? I’d definitely watch to see how you’ve done all the various effects on your SoH guys :smile.:

id love to but the comments would be 50% why are you airbrushing with out a respirator? and 50% why are you airbrushing with out a damn respirator?!

well im done with spider dread :biggrin.: for an army that was only going to be a 500pt ZM force its got a little out of hand XD

5gYq776.jpg

caVP2NQ.jpg

gLZ9diy.jpg

Sarabando, have you ever thought of doing some tutorial vids? I’d definitely watch to see how you’ve done all the various effects on your SoH guys :smile.:

id love to but the comments would be 50% why are you airbrushing with out a respirator? and 50% why are you airbrushing with out a damn respirator?!

Your response just needs to be: “The Emperor is my shield and my protector!”

5gYq776.jpg

caVP2NQ.jpg

gLZ9diy.jpg

Your response just needs to be: “The Emperor is my shield and my protector!”

But seriously, I hope you do one day, your stuff is great!

ive been recording one for you lot today XD ive its not terrible il post it later

gallery_48988_16053_102071.png

THIS IS THE LAST DAY TO CLAIM THE TITLE OF CHAPLAIN!

Tremendous work everyone, I think Sarabando's spidery Deredeo epitomises the creativity and general craziness of this event - and by extension this community! :D :teehee:

@ Grtosmasha: Yeap, the two Rhinos are perfectly fine to pledge! Good luck Third Master!

@ Vogon: You are 1HP to become a Forge Lord (if my math is correct!) AAAAAaaaargh! :lol:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hello,

I have some updates on my fists.

First, here is how they are at the moment:

med_gallery_49745_16178_1063373.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_513751.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1549697.jpg

So far I have the yellow at 60%, i still have to weather it and then do edge highlights but first i must basecoat the whites to weather the whole minis.

I got some Iron Warriors paint for the metal bits and Screaming Bell paint for the chappy decorations and see how it goes.
Other than that i still have to do tons of stuff to them, i hope to get some advances this morning as it seems as a nice (yet cold) day

cheers!

I, DeRome90, vow in the name of the IV Legion and our lost brothers to bolster the cause against this rotten Imperium with 1 Narik Dreygur (Conversion), 1 member of the Iron Circle, 1 Squad of 5 Iron Havocs and 1 squad of 10 Tactical Marines.

Loyalty and Treachery

Due to the current state of the country I think that I might geht enough time to finish my vow in time :wink:

THIS IS THE LAST DAY TO CLAIM THE TITLE OF CHAPLAIN!

Tremendous work everyone, I think Sarabando's spidery Deredeo epitomises the creativity and general craziness of this event - and by extension this community! :D :teehee:

@ Grtosmasha: Yeap, the two Rhinos are perfectly fine to pledge! Good luck Third Master!

@ Vogon: You are 1HP to become a Forge Lord (if my math is correct!) AAAAAaaaargh! :lol:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Captain, I have it at

Castigator - 6 HP

Fire Raptor - 4 HP

Coronus - 4 HP

Total - 14 HP

In the grand scheme of thing it doesn’t really matter. The main thing is completing the vow.

If I get time I might be able to add a couple more units but I can’t commit right now, we’ll see how the next week pans out.

Also do I qualify for Seneschal?

Cheers

Vogon

Edited by Vogon

Literally sitting and wagching the paint dry on my verulam moy model, once thats done i'll take a picture and upload my first three fknished units.

Edit: sons of horus captain Verulam Moy, Salamanders Chaplain and Salamanders Centurion:

gallery_60230_9650_859010.jpg

Edited by lokkorex

OK, the title of Chaplain is no longer available.

To those of you that have completed ALL your pledges, your Chaplain title is yours.

For those who have completed at least three units in the first two months of the event, but still "owe" more units of their initial vow, your effort is recognised and the title is yours PROVIDED you complete all the pledged units by the end of the event. Everything is conditional on that!

I, DeRome90, vow in the name of the IV Legion and our lost brothers to bolster the cause against this rotten Imperium with 1 Narik Dreygur (Conversion), 1 member of the Iron Circle, 1 Squad of 5 Iron Havocs and 1 squad of 10 Tactical Marines.

Due to the current state of the country I think that I might geht enough time to finish my vow in time :wink:

Welcome De Romeo! Good luck with your vow!

Captain, I have it at

Castigator - 6 HP
Fire Raptor - 4 HP
Coronus - 4 HP

Total - 14 HP

In the grand scheme of thing it doesn’t really matter. The main thing is completing the vow.

If I get time I might be able to add a couple more units but I can’t commit right now, we’ll see how the next week pans out.

Also do I qualify for Seneschal?

Cheers

Vogon

Agreed - the titles are just to add a little fun. The important thing is to complete units - and that Raptor man.. I really envy your single-mindedness given the issues of the kit... Well done!

And yes, you're a Seneschal too! :lol:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

lovely shade of yellow right there. :biggrin.:

Thank you brother.

So far i have painted and washed with agrax earthshade the gunmetal parts of the minis, but that iron warriors paint was too dark. I had to do a small Leadbelcher overbrush in order for the shade to work (who would have thought.).

med_gallery_49745_16178_1041535.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1356820.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_608271.jpg

Now i have to correct the yellow, the black and paint the grey for the iconography, then do the weathering and highlights, then the other colours.

Lots of steps to do still :teehee:

Edited by nusphigor

Not adding this to my pledge as i didnt post any WIPS but i did a Consul and a video tutorial for how i do my SOH for those who are intersted

d9O434Z.jpg

I am not going to start a SoH army.

But ill watch it anyway, thanks for that.

Is that guy dabbing?

Short progress update, the Thallax and Castellax just need a few finishing touches (the AdMech symbols and similar) as well as some touching up and correcting and the last third of basing.

The Magos on the other hand is looking so daunting, so so so many details. I had not realized quite how much little nooks and crannies with details that model had.

gallery_29932_12734_126681.jpg

I think I will get it done in time, but I doubt I will have time for any additional units.

It is a wonder what working from home does for one's productivity when it comes to painting. My vow is complete, attached are pictures of the proud watchers of the Emperor providing counsel and oversight to my Dark Angels Legionnaires as part of their expeditionary force.

Sentinel guards:

gallery_96210_12807_90394.jpg

Hetaeron guard:

gallery_96210_12807_483087.jpg

Followed by the classic group picture:

gallery_96210_12807_1337339.jpg

Looking at the group picture it seems clear to me that my phone camera does not really have the capabilities to take a group picture with such depth in how the figures are. Apologies for the poor quality on that and I will try to get a better diorama / better camera and post one more group picture here before the end of the event.

Speaking of the end of the event, since I have a ton of marines and Sisters of Silence still awaiting painting, I might update my vow, but I am going to need to sleep on that and get back here tomorrow. Wouldn't want to repeat what happened last time when due to shifting circumstances at work I suddenly lost all free time and my poor innocent legionnaires from that pledge are still unpainted :sad.:

Best regards and good luck with all of your efforts as the final month is progressing,

G

Go on then nurgle you skank twist my arm why dont you. Due to Biohazard lockdown in  the segmentum Solar i am finding myself with more time on my hands. So the warmaster has requested additional forces be deployed.

Another support squad this time armed with plasma

ZBu1q68.jpg

and to keep the faith in these trying times a chaplain has been assigned to our ranks.

IRHfOuS.jpg

jbg3X3J.jpg

Brothers,

It is with a heavy heart that I call my vow complete. With schools in the UK now being shut, I'm having to find time to share looking after children during the week with my wife, while somehow still doing a full time job. The blunt reality is that my hobby time is likely to be minimal for the next few weeks while we try and adjust to the new routine.

This challenge has allowed me to develop my painting skills - I've dabbled with an airbrush, improved my application of edge highlighting, and I think my approach to drybrushing has also improved. I've also made use of magnets for the first time too! I'm thankful for the support and encouragement provided by all in this thread. I did have plans to do more, and once things settle down, I fully intend to. But for now, follows are my three completed vows:

2xSabre Tank with all weapon options

NPJymsN.jpg?1JjaXWKd.jpg?1VREtySo.jpg?1

1xTactical Marine Squad

BM369Ge.jpg?1Tx2k4Pi.jpg?1

For the Lion!

Vow 2 complete. You hear thunder? Thats dorns fury rumbling up the hill.

Figured out how to do streaks on these got cocky with the weathering and tried out wax colours for the metal.

fsDhJ1Z.jpg

SppMmrK.jpg

I5hMmhh.jpg

JxkurBw.jpg

EVXzuRc.jpg

iQT7MT6.jpg

2RK2zfq.jpg

U1c0b43.jpg

qkd8CRN.jpg

Edited by Marshal Vespasian