Final Completion of Vow has been a success!  Now with added Moritat, 10x Veterans and 10x Seekers all done.

Big thanks to the L&T for giving me the motivation for completing some miniatures - you have no idea how my cabinet is now singing my praises with joy at being able to show off its contents!

DG L&T Vets, Seekers, Moritat

DG L&T Vets

DG L&T Seekers

DG L&T Moritat

I did have a lot of fun painting these and I'm really pleased to have models in my little cabinet that are fully painted.  I still need to go back and relearn the application of pigments and sealing them in without losing their dusty nature as I'm very unhappy with the way the bases turned out after sealing/varnishing.  But that's for another day when I know what to do, for now they are complete and I'm very pleased.

Great job to everyone so far and best of luck all to those still painting! :smile.:

After a few time, another update of my Vow

10 MKIV Marines

49695463083_9a44c15c47_w.jpg

49695998836_13c817bf1e_w.jpg

5 Heavy Support Legion Squad with Missile Launchers

49695999096_777c6ed9dc_w.jpg

I only have to finish the last MKIV legion squad, which i have painted as Iron Hands of the clan Morragul

Edited by mandaloriano

No spray primer or Abaddon Black left and GW is closed... Hopefully one of my friends nearby has some I can borrow so I can do the last 5 guys and finish my vow... 

If all else fails would a black sharpie work?? :lol:

I will join ieven if it is late in the game!

I pledge:

1. DA Preator in Terminator Armour

2. DA Preator

3. Lord Commander Eidolon

med_gallery_27176_16216_33756.jpeg

Pledging for the Traitors!

gallery_48988_16053_102071.png

@ Marshal Vespasian: Great work on your IFs man - great weathering too! I assume you declare the Spartan and the Proteus complete - do you also declare the Dreadnought complete?

@ Dwango: You are the reason I'm joining - even at this late stage! Great inspiration for starting work on the 1st Legion! Congratulations man!

@ Angel of Solitude: Totally agree with you: lock down does not equal more free time, if anything I find it very stressful - especially trying to retain productivity at work at previous levels. :rolleyes: Be that as it may, your work on those tanks, especially your treatment of metals, well, it looks fantastic! Well done sir!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Slowly chipping away at the final details, but due to shakey hands I end up making more work for myself. Speaking of work because the retail company I work for is classified as essential as we supply plumbers and electricians who keep things running and we were already two people down so.... its fun.

NOT IDLE:

med_gallery_27176_16216_90483.jpeg

med_gallery_27176_16216_162447.jpeg

med_gallery_27176_16216_74863.jpeg

Also, NO RED! :laugh.:

That's a Calibanite Praetor - Sar Hephaestus. I believe the Lion did allow some Caliban-specific iconography. :smile.: He's going to be the only "green" mini in the army. the rest will inevitably be "red".

I'm going to address the bases at a later point, as I want the entire army to have the same basing...

I might not have been much of a presence this year, nor been able to paint much but I did finish my three units. I know there is some time left but I don’t think I will be able to do more this year, work is super busy right now.

Anyway, my vow for the Loyalist side is complete: one Magos, three Thallax and one Castellax.

gallery_29932_12734_13932.jpg

Trying to remember the fine details of a paint scheme from a few years ago (rather than just the broad strokes) also proved troublesome. I think I got there with the models, but I think I missed a step in the basing. Oh well, who is going to spot 3 Thallax with slightly different bases amongst the other 18 I own?

gallery_29932_12734_17935.jpg

Some additional shots of the Magos, he has way more little details than I realized. If I had him from new I should have done him in subassemblies but as a ebay rescue it was already one lump (less a broken arm that was easily replaced).

Alright calling the Contemptor done.

Its the BAC plastic model, got pre built, but I reposed legs and arms a bit to have it look a little bit less dorky.

I built it with 2 kheres, 2 lascannons, a havoc launcher and 2 power fists. While doing this I also built, painted and magnetized 2 fists, 2 lacannons, a havoc launcher and 1 additional kheres for my already built contemptor. heres goes:

K2ApjSR.jpg

fZFGmSr.jpg

tUXAVFt.jpg

TQcx0EF.jpg

rQOEFVg.jpg

EkrG5YD.jpg

oLPWpEl.jpg

And both of them together with all current options (just dug up a volkite arm...):

a82JY6S.jpg

Thats me done for my vow. Next up I will be painting terminators but I dont think that I'll manage to do that till L&T is over so I am done for now.

3 Heavy tanks and one heavy walker finished for the greater glory of terra. I am very content with that.

so, this… situation so far did not help with any painting progress. It will need quite the effort to get the Khenetai squads to the standard I was aiming for. I just had to use 40k TS bits, so there is plenty of trim and cloth and bling. fingers crossed.

The other units won't be that hard to do as it is only one model. the sculpt of the thousand sons praetor model is a bit tricky in some parts and I managed to snap the weapon, but that guy will just need two concentrated painting sessions (i hope). 

bases are not mandatory, so we will see about that I guess.

that's it for an update sadly.