Well, it looks like the Traitor side might need some more heavy firepower. So in a bit of madness (or a bunch of free time due to sitting at home a lot), I decided to join right now and paint like a mad man.

I, Dreagher, vow by the power of the Forges of Khymerus, to complete the Warhound Scout Titan Regina Abyssum, or as she is more commonly called in low gothic, "The walking reef" for the Warmaster's war effort by 0290020.M03. She will be awaken from her slumber beneath the waves to once again wreak havoc amongst her foes.

med_gallery_94103_13007_579535.jpg

I would have joined sooner, but getting all the stuff on the back carapace took a bit longer than I anticipated.

so, yes, I got some color down, yeah! Thing is, I ran into a bit of a conflict. I had not written down the exact colors for cloth and lenses, so either i picked the wrong bottle or i just had not realized what i see now: the turquoise cloth (top left) is pretty nice with the dark red, isn't it? Problem is, my Veteran squad goes more towards a fluorescent green. Should I stick to the original recipe and work towards flour green or should I rather change the Vets to match the Khenetai? Tzeentch is a biatch...

Feedback much appreciated!

IMG-9273.jpg

gallery_48988_16053_102071.png

@ Dreagher:For a minute there I thought you were entering the Adeptus Titanicus event, and I was about to tell you to post in the other thread. Even for an AT project it would be tight but having a 40k-sized Titan to do in a bit more than a week? Madness I say! :biggrin.: Yet, this is your bid to become Princeps - the only one this year if I'm not mistaken?

@ okonomyiakimarine: Well, consistency is overestimated. Not all marines buy their clothes at the same time nor from the same vendor. Also not all Marines are deployed with the same squads all the time and it's quite possible that clothes get discoloured due to climate conditions - but not get damaged to the point that they need replacement. In short, if they look good to your eye, go for it. And small colour variations between squads (or even in the same squad) may be a fairly welcome outcome! Important thing is to keep going!

I'm back. Messed up my dominant wrist and couldn't paint with the cast on. It bummed me out enough that I haven't logged on.

Ooooh, sorry to hear that! I sure hope you're better now (judging from the result the answer must be "yes"). I was wondering where you've been but now I sure hope you complete everything on time!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Dreagher:For a minute there I thought you were entering the Adeptus Titanicus event, and I was about to tell you to post in the other thread. Even for an AT project it would be tight but having a 40k-sized Titan to do in a bit more than a week? Madness I say! :biggrin.: Yet, this is your bid to become Princeps - the only one this year if I'm not mistaken?

Well, madness is what defines such times of civil war as the Heresy. :wink: Staying inside gives you a lot more time to paint than normaly. And Vykes already proved that it can be done and I don't even have to paint as well as he did. And considering that I might not be able to participate in the ETL, I have to enjoy the madness before that.

To keep you all updated, I have drenched all the metal parts in washes, started putting the main colours on the carapace and nearly finshed the armour plates on the shins. Because I am mad I decided at two in the morning to paint the eagles there to look like marble, despite never having done that before. As it turns out the tutorials on yt make it easier than I thought it would be.

sml_gallery_94103_13007_731944.jpg

Edit: Apparently spending all my time painting leads to lots of spelling errors.

Edited by Dreagher

so, yes, I got some color down, yeah! Thing is, I ran into a bit of a conflict. I had not written down the exact colors for cloth and lenses, so either i picked the wrong bottle or i just had not realized what i see now: the turquoise cloth (top left) is pretty nice with the dark red, isn't it? Problem is, my Veteran squad goes more towards a fluorescent green. Should I stick to the original recipe and work towards flour green or should I rather change the Vets to match the Khenetai? Tzeentch is a biatch...

Feedback much appreciated!

IMG-9273.jpg

For my 2 cents I would say the turquoise looks awesome! If you feel inclined I would say change the vets but that’s easy for me to say as I haven’t got to do the work :)

Both look great though so it’s win win either way!

Here a short WIP update with crapy smartphone pics:

92411898 1116009882097092 7558182953856008192 N

92250970 646392912821318 3808772634406027264 N

Time is running out... especially for my vow regarding the Titans. Did not think that I would have so much work to do during Home Office. 

The yellow, respectively the hazard stripes, are a pain to paint... why did I choos the IVth Legion? :sweat:

It took me a while to decide if I should use decals or a brush for the shoulder pads. I decided for the brush, but that might change in the future.

I vow to paint a Contemptor-Dreadnought, a Veteran Tactical Squad, and a Legion Praetor/Consul.

For Terra, Caliban, and the First.

E tenebrae lux.

Let it not be said that the First Legion would be forsworn.

Master Bra'tac - former First Prime of the Legion, The Weeping Lion, Sworn Initiate of the [Wing], Knight-Lord of the Order

avrEYMFl.jpg?1

IkKgxaFm.jpg?1  SCQVflZm.jpg?1  svMNlSYm.jpg

FUmD7CEm.jpg

I figured it's safe to wait until Crusade comes out to decide on the Wing and any other markings (this is why the shield is so plain at the moment). I'm actually curious about how much detail the various symbols we've seen, on the decal sheet and the models, will receive.

Venerable Brother Naymon - Soldier of Unity, Breaker of Chains, Descovir of Caliban, Sworn Member of the Order, Sworn Initiate of the [Wing] 

C8aaGIll.jpg

Xo9StYLm.jpg  KdbhIQzm.jpg  Q0ceDwSm.jpg

Have to split this in two because of number of pictures.

Veteran Tactical Squad Chanson-1

HBwpP7Pl.jpg

Similar to Master Bra'tac, these fine members of the Legion currently lack markings until more details from Crusade can be acquired. However, one big thing is the Dark Angel insignia. I don't know if I should a) wait until the FW transfer is back in stock, b.) use the white marking on the GW transfer, or c) find a place that can print out a transfer sheet with the B&C red Dark Angel symbols.

Veteran-Sergeant Charls

uB2vIobm.jpg  r9jXlgum.jpg  QYTLE6rm.jpg

8jL9ENJm.jpg

The Ragged Knight

n0aZkJum.jpg  WTGcuFTm.jpg

Knight-Brother Oleifr

tFuSqO4m.jpg  MUbqPy6m.jpg  WoRt1tGm.jpg

Knight-Brother Garrick

Al1maEdm.jpg  piiH1JIm.jpg  YalbBXem.jpg  gpNzsjBm.jpg

Knight-Brother Videan

ajFYADxm.jpg  76tXWdgm.jpg

gallery_48988_16053_102071.png

TWO DAYS TO GO!

OK everyone, we are on the final days of the event - let's wrap it up! Splendid work so far!

All done i stand before the warmaster so that the galaxy may burn for its betrayal.

Hidden Content

8RIOF44.jpg

B4tF8P4.jpg

Is this guy part of your vow? I may have missed the entry...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hello guys!

Here are my complete entries for my vow.

I feel happy that this is my second completed vow in all the years i've been in this forum (almost eleven years!!! :teehee: )

Of course, the bases are still without any paint or decoration but it's because i want to paint all of the army bases at the same time to keep them consistent.

pics!

med_gallery_49745_16178_676629.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_406602.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1527203.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_198334.jpg

If you want to see more pics i uploaded more shots in my army log here.
Please leave a message in you like them :smile.:

Cheers!

EDIT:

I almost forgot the group shot!

med_gallery_49745_16178_86.jpg

Edited by nusphigor

@Captain Semper and everyone who supported my push to six units: I am sorry but I have to leave the last three units unfinished. I painted both units to the standard pictured above (plus bone cooled stripes), but due to time constraints (corona changing the work/life balance significantly) I am way behind schedule and will not finish these in time to the standard I aim at. I tried to push and messed up the translucent red so badly on the praetor that I redid the basecoat. That showed me I should leave everything as is. :censored: