Best Tactics for a "WHFB Empire" Themed Army?

Black_Cat_41

Hello fellow Astartes, 

I am currently developing a Space Marine chapter which is thematically based on the Empire from Warhammer Fantasy.  I am trying to build the army to reflect the Empire playstyle on the battlefield (combined-arms, gunline backed by a somewhat sizable assault force and some artillery/ mechanised elements).  I'm wondering what sort of Chapter tactics (either First Founding or Successor tactics) can match this sort of playstyle.

The Chapter is Ultima (Primaris) founding, so a set of tactics that has good Primaris synergies would be nice.

Any help you can give me would be welcome. 

-BlackCat

Edited by Black_Cat_41

Successor tactics.

I'd probably go with Imperial Fists successor with Hungry for Battle and Long Range Marksmen.

Covers your bases nicely. Hungry for Battle gives an extra 1" to Advance and Charge rolls while Long Range Marksmen adds 3" to ranged weapons. Add in the Fists doctrine bonus with an emphasis on dealing damage to vehicles and you have a well rounded force.

Also benefits Primaris armies as the Fists have a LOT of Strategems that help bolt weapons. If the Empire used a lot of fire in battle then Salamanders would be a better parent Chapter.

Edited by Claws and Effect

Empire armies in Fantasy Battles tended to have a strong core of halberds, spears, and swordsmen backed up by a gunline, and supported by Steam Tanks, artillery, and cavalry.

In 40K, I see this translating to a core of Intercessors that move forward to claim objectives, backed by Repulsor Executioners and Redemptor Dreads. Inceptors and Smash Captains (one of the Firstborn Units I am willing to run in this list because I enjoy running them) perform the role of cav, while Hellblasters and Aggressors perform a role similar to the artillery in WHFB.

Edited by Black_Cat_41

Jump Pack Smash Captain (Karl Franz) with either Power Sword and Storm Shield (Reikland Rune Fang) or TH/SS (Ghal Maraz)
Primaris Captain 
Primaris Lieutenant 

20-25 Intercessors

Primaris Ancient  

2 Redemptors

Either Inceptors or Bikers for cavalry (Inceptors bc they would fill that role for a Primaris chapter, bikers for more literal translation of "Cavalry")

2-3 Repulsors