Haradni 13th company

Haradni13th

Hey guys,

This is my first post here, but have been lurking for a while now...

I recently started painting up a traitor guard army based on the Haradni 13th. Ive painted on and off for a while but recently started actually playing a few games for the first time. I started up a black legion army as I felt I could knock it out quickly but it kinda snowballed.

I then thought Id like to start something I could really chuck myself into, I wanted to do lots of tanks and after reading the sparse background on these guys I knew Id found the right army. Lots of tanks, including super heavies.. and allied to abbadon so will make perfect allies for my black legion army.

I thought posting here will keep my motivation up and hopefully provide some useful contributions in the way of criticism, ideas etc..

Pics to come of my fledgling force..

Cheers, Anthony.

I'm not familiar with flikr, but most picture hosts provide a BBC link that you can paste into your thread to display your picture there.  Incidentally, your tank looks really good - the head is from one of the Dark Vengence cultists, right?

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

cGFkum.jpg

ZpKvmh.jpg

Not sure why my images are so small.. but the pictures are at least there..ha!

Thanks for the suggestions and the interest gents..

So this was my first tank, wanted to just work out my scheme. These guys were fairly new converts to chaos so the corruption will be subtle. The aquillas are mostly still there but desecrated, and there arent any obvious chaos markings. That is indeed a dark vengeance cultist head...I plan on slowly building more and more corruption into the models as i knock out each one. I currently have quite a few leman russes on the table...

Edited by Haradni13th

This was a test model I made out of stuff from my bitzbox and some cut down and drilled out lego wheels. I didnt have a great deal of guard bitz and was impatiently waiting for stuff to come in post so I banged this together. The paintjob on the gunner is fairly rough, and I just noticed a huge moldline I missed... ha!

mFPnPK.jpg

Wdah7d.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys..

The pics are still small, but I shall continue none the less.

Working on stowage for the next tank. The nurgling cage I made using bits of sprue and a loofa from the shower. The idea came to me while i was having a scrub and I had to knock it up straight away ha!

1o4oGJ.jpg

Yeah, the nurgling cage is awesome.  I've used mesh for other things (such as floor grating) which I've used a worn out bag for laundry and some mesh I bought from a fabric store, but I think both of those would have been too thick for your purposes.  Brilliant idea to use a bit off a shower sponge.

Lovely models. Nice job. Hope for some BG...

Thanks mate, background is coming.. It will help to explain some of the modelling decisions ive made too.

Yeah, the nurgling cage is awesome.  I've used mesh for other things (such as floor grating) which I've used a worn out bag for laundry and some mesh I bought from a fabric store, but I think both of those would have been too thick for your purposes.  Brilliant idea to use a bit off a shower sponge.

Cheers mate, sometimes something is staring you right in the face. The loofa worked very well and takes paint well.

It`s little bits like that which make all the difference :D Keep it up good sir! ^_^

Thanks mate! Yeah the little things will keep me content untill I decide on what to buy next..

Been fiddling with my next leman Russ tonight.. I made the map out of foil. I knocked this one up quick to see how it looked. Ill paint up a nicer one. I made a dent on the painting of the hull too.

lfw79c.jpg

I used a poxwalker head on the commander. I drilled out a guard helmet and wacked it on. Ill extend the gas mask tubing with greenstuff or something and run it down into the tank..

3LT5ZH.jpg

Cheers for the interest guys..

Anthony.