Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iron Warriors Bikers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Dhar'Neth

Dhar'Neth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 202 posts
I would appreciate help with unit size and equipment for a biker unit. I own 5 models and can assemble them in any configuration. I was thinking about making the unit cheap or go all out shooting (2x plasma and Combi-plasma on Champion).

BrainFireBob

BrainFireBob

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 697 posts

Personally, I would obtain one more bike, and do two squads of three, plasma-plasma-combi-plasma.

SO cheap for a decent harassment unit. Enough firepower to actually do something, not so much that they're a blazing target. And Chaos needs fast.

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,589 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Personally, I would obtain one more bike, and do two squads of three, plasma-plasma-combi-plasma.

SO cheap for a decent harassment unit. Enough firepower to actually do something, not so much that they're a blazing target. And Chaos needs fast.

This or just a unit or four with triple plasma with what you have. You would probably shuffle points around, so 3-4 would be good size unit. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

The Iron Augur

The Iron Augur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
I've been running 6 with just combi-bolters and chainswords for shredding most infantry with VotLW and Endless Cacophony. For only 140 points I don't feel too bad when they eventually get destroyed.

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,589 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I've been running 6 with just combi-bolters and chainswords for shredding most infantry with VotLW and Endless Cacophony. For only 140 points I don't feel too bad when they eventually get destroyed.

I am kinda put off with how much real estate the new bases take up compared to the old rectangle cav bases. So 3-4 with specials is easier to hide, your bigger stock unit doesn't really need to because they are more disposable in comparison. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 284 posts
Post pics when you're done making them!

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,823 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I like dual flamer+Combi-flamer since they can fire while advancing and IW ignore cover. The 3D6 number of shots mitigates the wonkiness of flamers. 

Opponents are always caught off guard with the level of harassment they bring for 99pts.

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Dhar'Neth

Dhar'Neth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 202 posts

Post pics when you're done making them!

Here you go! They are work in progress but I can post finished pictures if you like.

1564001331324551.jpg

Ok, here is the squad just glued and primed silver. I will probably make another champion in the future so that I can use them as two squads. For now I decided to make the champions hand swapable so I can give him any weapon (Combi plasma in the work, I have plenty FW Combi-meltas and Combi-flamers) The special weapons will be attached to bikes so I can also swap them at will.

Many thanks for comments and ideas!
  • Putrid Choir likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users