Psychic Awakening - Deathwatch Hopes

Inquisitor Trinity

Not much left otherwise lol.  DW, Necrons, and Harlequins are all thats left.  I mean maaayyybe inquisition but at present they hardly qualify as a faction, but if Assassins are getting things Inq might too.

Sisters of Battle actually, along with Rogue Trader stuff but they are probably not considered a 'real' faction yet.

This is starting to feel like that awkward moment when everyone in the friend group gets invited out except you...

...but then you end up there anyway and it's a surprise party just for you and you're legitimately surprised and it's more than you could have ever asked for?

Yeah, I hope that's what happening too ;D

This is starting to feel like that awkward moment when everyone in the friend group gets invited out except you...

...but then you end up there anyway and it's a surprise party just for you and you're legitimately surprised and it's more than you could have ever asked for?

Yeah, I hope that's what happening too ;D

You're right! Me too!

Edited by Lifeafter

I'll really laugh if last tome will be Necrons vs Sisters in replay of Sanctuary 101 (with Harlequins as fifth wheel) and when asked about DW, Kelly and Cruddace will scratch their heads, dig out a single crumpled post it card from their notes, and as WC to post following errata as PA update:

Veterans: move Bolters, Shotguns, Combi-weapons and Storm bolters to HEAVY WEAPONS list;

Dreadnought: remove Assault cannon and Twin lascannon from DREADNOUGHT HEAVY WEAPONS list;

Reivers: change the point cost to 36 points each; change the bolt carbine point cost to 5 points;

Wouldn't be first time, eh? :rolleyes:

So, apparently Sisters and Harlequins get new PA model each. DW can only pray they are not in the same book, because if they are, they will steal the spotlight and DW will be only SM without their own PA miniature and probably nothing big like Vanguard access either, just a handful of new rules...

Well at least they said we should be getting our rules pretty quick, so maybe in the next months WD?

Just wish they would stop hyping everything up and just show us what they are releasing, I enjoyed what they showed today but it was hyped up to be fantastical so they couldn't deliver and I felt downtrodden. They make good models that speak for themselves, they don't need to hype everything up..

if I understood it correctly our PA rules will be in white dwarf.

Yeah, got to that part too. This makes DW what, only army in the game (even Harlequins got model and some rules in Eldar PA) to be kicked solely to corner of WD? :wacko.:

So, yeah, we can most likely kiss Vanguard (or any new units, really) goodbye, I really doubt they will give more than usual Index space to cover DW, and most of it will be fluff anyway.

Kelly, Cruddace, when I said you'd most likely forgot DW exists, I was (half) sarcastic. You didn't need to prove me that right that fast :facepalm:

I have a bad feeling about this one.

There can only be so much rules crammed into a WD + plus some fluff. And If I understood it correctly we are sharing it with Harlequins.

I hope we get to use atleast some of the new primaris units but Kill teams with primaris would be an entire page for that entry.

Edited by Azaiel

Definitely some disappointment. The odds of getting new data sheets feels low. I’m doubting we’ll get the access to the new Phobos stuff now.

Will we get doctrines? Maybe. But we probably won’t get our own special thing like Grey Knights.

Litanies? Again a maybe. But that would require GW to either print the existing litanies from codex SM in the WD or just saying DW can use the ones from codex SM forcing us to buy another book and lug that around too.

I’m preparing to get a couple strats, relics and warlord traits and nothing else. No doctrines, litanies or psychic tree. This will pretty much make DeathWatch non competitive until they get their next codex.

Obviously GW can still deliver some great rules to keep DeathWatch fun and playable. I just have my doubts to how much they’ll actually print for “free” in a white dwarf magazine.

I feel really disappointed that Deathwatch are the only faction seemingly binned off with just a WD article instead. No new model, strats and relics, maybe new powers, that’s it. And, as said above, maybe a vanguard kill-team. Could be ok, but why is this one faction being relegated?

Oof, I was expecting from the outset to be near the end of this if not last.  But we aren't even getting a book, lol.  Relegated to white dwarf, not worth a book, just an afterthought.  Hurts doubly to me because I play both harlies and DW.  Harlies are one thing, I would have liked some new model releases considering they are such a small faction, but they don't need much of anything honestly. 

However, with all that DW needed, access to new models, probably 12-16 strategems (counting what is needed from general SM strats every other faction gets) working doctrines in etc etc, WD I just don't think is going to cut it.  I think with us being in WD we can safely rule out access to any of the new models, since they likely won't put a datasheet that is printed in another codex in WD.  So that means it will likely just be we get doctrines in their current state, and some tacked on strategems likely to be as over costed as our current crop.  Can probably also rule out anything that would have been fun like special watch fortress rules.  Might get 1-3 warlord traits and relics, with some luck.  Granted that is a far cry from the 4-6 of each a book would likely bring.  Quite possibly no new psychic discipline either, but at least I could see that being included.

Ya its possible they actually put a normal entire rules section in a WD, but I don't see it as very likely, as they have always tended to be rather brief.  The only ones that have ever been good in there have been factions that only include 3-4 models to begin with so just didn't require any room.  Trying not to be disappointed by this, and wait til I see it, but I kinda feel the writing is on the wall on this one.

Edited by GrinNfool

Well thats a kick in the teeth.   I realize we're a small part of a much bigger game; but ouch.  Now for the soul searching after this article comes out.

Pretty cold to read this, especially since getting a copy of the magazine whilst on lock down might provide additional issues.

If it gets confirmed, please can someone let us know here what issue and when it'll be on the shelf, I might have to have a quick browse if possible, thanks!

Hi everyone, DW player here who's been mostly active in the 30k forums. I share everyone's disappointment and really don't have much hope we'll get access to new units, especially since GW still hasn't given us access to Tartaros and Cataphractii terminators along with the Phobos armor marines. I'm hoping that I'm wrong but I don't have much optimism on this front. 

Be more positive! The White Dwarf rules for Inquisition were awesome and the PA rules for GK weren't that many pages and still resulted in a fantastic update. These could be pretty good given the format doesn't really mean anything about the quality or breadth of this update.

I think it's worth being patient and positive.

Edited by Lemondish