Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 pts for a War starting at a GW store

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Zenxzen

Zenxzen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts

2 Battalions 1 Vanguard and 1 Inquisitor

14 CP

-4 Cp for Deathcompany Captain, Hammer of Baal and Banner

will have 9 CPs left

Inquisitor Lord Hector-Rex   -1CP for Inquisitorial Mandate

Cast 3 Deny 4  Powers -Smite, Terrify, Castigation, Power through Knowledge

Smash Captain Warlord

JP, Shield, Hammer and Angel's Wing, Artisan of War

Smash Captain

JP, Shield, Death Company, Hammer of Baal

Sanguinary Priest

JP, Bolt Pistol, Chain Sword

Librarian

JP, Inferno Pistol, Force Sword, Powers Shield of Sanguinius, Unleash Rage, Smite

Cast 2 Deny 1

Lemartes

Scouts 6x5 5 with Sniper Rifles

10 Death Company 

JP, 3 Thunder Hammers

Sanguinary Ancient

JP, Plasma Pistol, Standard of Sacrifice

Sanguinary Guard x7

7 Plasma Pistols, 4 Power Fists 

3 Predator

Twin Lascannon, 2 Hvy Bolters

Twin Autocannon, 2 Hvy Bolters

Twin Autocannon, 2 Hvy Bolters

129 Power 2000pts

Edited List: taking the 2 Storm Bolters off the Baal's and the Plasma pistol

on the Death Company and giving him a Power Fist

Edited list per suggestions 

Edited by Zenxzen, 17 January 2020 - 11:13 PM.

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,022 posts
Bro if you're going to commit to 3 predator variants you're taking @443 pts youd be better to take 3 predators all armed with Autocannons and heavy bolters @435 pts..You can use the Killshot stratagem shred basically anything that's a hard target. The twin las cannons are the same points if you still wanted some extra punch per shot but I find I do more damage when the predators have more shots because those modifiers for moving really hurt when you only have 4 shots. las cannons are variable damage...you'll average 1 shot a turn to damage if you move and shoot at something that doesn't have an invulnerable save.
The Pleasure God's Chosen

Emperor's Children (RIP) 2500 pts
Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Enslaved Traitor Guardsmen 1500 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

Matarno - Lord of Skyfall

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Dump that Inquisitor. He isn't going to have the same kind of impact as having Doctrines active. Especially with the 3 preds, as noted above, Killshot and Devestator Doctrine is super lethal. I have been having a lot of success with running one tri las pred and two autocannon / HB preds. Set them up right, and the destroy whatever you want in turn one.

So fear not and be proud, for we are the sons of Sanguinius, the protectors of Mankind. Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.

Zenxzen

Zenxzen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts

Yes, i think your right on using 3 Predators.

The Inquisitor is for the 4 Deny and The one Power Terrify, to many psyker in the game not to have some protection as one Librarian I don't think is enough and Hex is only 100 points.

These are all good points and I am going to make the changes and get me 2 more Preds with Autocannons and Hvy Bolters, I like that Model anyway. :)

Any other thoughts would be most welcome.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Yes, i think your right on using 3 Predators.

The Inquisitor is for the 4 Deny and The one Power Terrify, to many psyker in the game not to have some protection as one Librarian I don't think is enough and Hex is only 100 points.

These are all good points and I am going to make the changes and get me 2 more Preds with Autocannons and Hvy Bolters, I like that Model anyway. smile.png

Any other thoughts would be most welcome.

The deny 4 from the Inquisitor is cool, but it is costing you like crazy by losing Doctrines. It also means you lose Savage Echos, which makes turn 3 blood angels charges unstoppable. Do you think you will be fighting a ton of Eldar lists? If this is a tournament at a GW store, I would assume you will see lots of current meta. So maybe an Eldar Flyer list, but probably lots of Tau and Knights and Iron Hands or Imperial Fists marines. If thats the case, you are hurting yourself more than helping with the inquisitor.

You could always swap the Inquisitor for another Librarain and give him Hero of the Chapter to take the Soulwarden trait. That would give you 3 deny attempts per turn, which is pretty strong. Or add in Mephiston, since he can deny 2 naturally. 

So fear not and be proud, for we are the sons of Sanguinius, the protectors of Mankind. Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.

Zenxzen

Zenxzen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts

"swap the Inquisitor for another Librarain and give him Hero of the Chapter to take the Soulwarden trait"

Thats a very good idea, but i think having One Inquisitor does not mess-up the battle brother thing

keeblerartillery

keeblerartillery

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 501 posts
You don’t lose doctrines with one inquisitor-

If your army does not include any INQUISITION detachments, one INQUISITOR unit can be included in any other detachmnet without taking up a slot so long as every unit in your army (with the exception of those that are UNALIGNED) has the IMPERIUM keyword (and does not have the FALLEN keyword) That INQUISITOR unit does not prevent other units in your army benefitting from Detachment abilities (e.g. chapter tactics), and does not prevent abilities that require every model in your army to have that ability (e.g Combat Doctrines, Canticles of the Omnissiah) In a matched play game, that INQUISITOR unit is ignored for the purposes of the Battle Brothers rule (Although all units in your army must still have the IMPERIUM faction keyword).

Edited by keeblerartillery, 17 January 2020 - 03:53 PM.

gallery_48988_15465_853.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_15465_11289.png

Zenxzen

Zenxzen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts

At least two of the players have Magus in their army, a couple of Daemon army's, 1 Gray Knight Army 2 Death Guard army's 2 couple Chaos army's and two Eldar army's and one Ork too few of us Good Guys smile.png

Of coarse a few Knights but they don't have any Psychic powers. 

Lord Hector-Rex is the only one of the Inquisitor's that can teleport

Edited by Zenxzen, 18 January 2020 - 12:37 AM.

Zenxzen

Zenxzen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts

I have edited my list per suggestions and with some point saving added a fist to the Death Company this did up my Power level to 131 :)

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,022 posts
Ditch those plasma pistols..then use those points for 2 hammers in your death co and give someone an inferno pistol..preferably the Librarian for the 2+ bs. I'd also suggest lemartes instead of astorath. You've invested over 200 pts into that death co. unit...having reroll to charge and hits is better than astoraths 1 time boost.

Edited by Debauchery101, 17 January 2020 - 05:41 PM.

Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

Zenxzen

Zenxzen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts

I think I agree on Astorath, everyone seem so up on him but Lemartes for me was a no  brainier, a second Chaplin would be nice but if I drop Astorath I can use the 105 pts on the other things. 

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,022 posts
Sanguinary Priest with jump pack and 1 SG with fist or axe is 100pts

Or for 111pts
5 vanguard vets-jump packs, 4 w/ chainswords/shields, sgt w/hammer/shield

Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

Zenxzen

Zenxzen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts

Yes, I have to have one more HQ for that unit so was thinking the Sanguinary Priest with jump pack and I added 3 hammers to the Death Company and Inferno pistol to the Librarian.

I have edited the list and have 3 points left I could add 3 more Power fist to the Sanguinary Guard

Edited by Zenxzen, 17 January 2020 - 10:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users