Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Feedback and Questions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 930 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

I figured I should start a thread where we could discuss the ongoing development of special rules or resources, as well as the ways in which changes in the game impact the campaign. 

Edited by ThePenitentOne, 02 August 2020 - 03:43 AM.

• walter h likes this

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 930 posts

Alright, that's ALL of the Orison's Wake maps up. From here, I'll be putting up Territory Cards as I get them into their final form; right now I have notes on all the territories, but it includes information about how to generate standing forces, rather than the rules about what players can DO at the territories, which is the stuff I want to be on the cards.

Might be doing some development on factions too. 

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,423 posts
Busy with real-life stuff but I haven't forgotten this project or your PM from the other day. Once I've cleared the decks somewhat, I'll back to you. :tu:
  • ThePenitentOne likes this

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 930 posts

Cool- there's still a lot more content to go up, so whenever you have the time, there will be more stuff for you to work with. Thanks for staying in touch.

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,282 posts
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?

I'm not familiar with everything Sisters related but a youtube recommendation popped up right now called "How to paint the triumph of Saint Katherine" and I was immediately reminded of this project.

Is it actually basing on a GW campaign or is that your video? :)

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 930 posts

It's not my video, but I will definitely check it out. I picked up my Triumph on Monday; my first step will actually be modifying the base so that the individual Cannoness Superia models can be used separately as "counts as" cannoness models, or as the Triumph model. If there isn't already a tutorial on doing that, I might put one up.

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 930 posts

Okay, so you've probably noticed the inactivity here; it actually began before the announcement of 9th, mostly because I was stalling on the format for territory cards. I've also been expanding the scope of this campaign without fully documenting it; I have added a space station and a House Locarno holding to the Desdaemona System; I've created a webway splinter realm that gates into both Orison's Wake and Commorragh. The Archon is rebuilding his realm in a separate campaign, but he will eventually find the gates to Orison's Wake, at which point, the real space raids begin.

The announcement of 9th delays things considerably; the current roster for the Sororitas section can stay the same, but  troop dispositions have to change- instead of breaking the roster down into spearheads, vanguards and outriders, I'll almost always break down into Patrols because they're core detachments which refund their CP cost if they contain the Warlord.

Depending on the CP costs, I might sacrifice the detachment cost in order to keep non penitent troop choices out of the penitent detachments- the fluff means that much to me. And while all the units on Orison's Wake at the beginning of the campaign are from the Order of Our Martyred Lady, I'm sticking to the long term plan for the multi-order army.

I need to see the full Crusade rules before I advance the campaign; right now, I'm planning to run the entire Chronicle with Crusade armies. The tools for advancing and growing Sororitas, Admech, and Imperial Guard will be very helpful- I put most of my thought and development into the progression for the cults and the Threshers that I hadn't really considered the growth of my Imperial Factions.

At the same time, I'm worried about the work I've put into the Cults. GSC will have it's own Crusade advances, and many will be characterful and cool, but I don't think they will replicate the organic growth of the Cult according to the structure of the Genestealer breeding cycle. If this campaign is anything, it is a tabletop recreation of the SIMS where the SIMS are a Genestealer Cult. The result is that the GSC may have to eschew the Crusade special events and continue to grow according to the custom rules... Unless the truly miraculous happens and GW's set of advances are close enough to my house rules that I can roll with it.

The Chaos Cult is a wild card as well, because it does start of exclusively as a cult. It doesn't learn to summon Daemons until it reaches a given size; there is a Daemon Forge hidden in one of the Explorator Sites, but they can't get to it until they uncover clues in battle, and they aren't powerful enough to attract actual CSM until they've either summoned Daemons or activated the Daemon Forge. I'm afraid this won't mesh with the Chaos Crusade advances either.

Anyway, what all of this means is that no rules will be posted here until 9th drops.

I do, however, plan to post more content. When I set this thing in motion, it was supposed to be timed with the Beta Dex in order to drive and motivate the games- it just took too long to put together.

But now, so much has been put in that with just a little more content, I can be ready to start battling the day the new edition lands in my hands. The story of St Katherine's Aegis will be the story of 9th edition.

In the weeks between now and 9th, I hope to post WIP for scenery and models. The Spacehulk game which seeds Orison's wake with the first generation stealers does not need to wait for 9th, nor do the Commorragh wych cult Kill Team battles. Hopefully I can actually make it work this time around. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users