Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Humble Pyrovore- Burny Bug Appreciation Thread

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

The Pyrovore spent a long, long time as a complete and total joke, so utterly worthless was he that there was not a single game, no matter how relaxed or narrative driven, that had a place for him.

Now, however, whilst he's not exactly top-tier, he's actually useable, and at 25 points each (unless I'm reading things wrong) is extremely reasonably priced. He could make for an excellent cheap melee deterrent for more fragile backline units, as if he does die he's liable to take his killer with him in a shower of flaming acid.

So anyway, has anyone gotten use out of him? I kinda want to convert a few up (the existing model is cool but I have a different look in mind as IMO it looks too much like an artillery piece and not enough like a mobile flamethrower) but before I get hacking I'd love to know other people's opinions on Mr. Toasty.

ztbmByp.png

"Painting with this stuff is like trying to copy the Mona Lisa using Napalm." -DuskRaider on Typhus Corrosion.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users