New Plastic Kits Loadouts

I'm just posting this because I know I was curious, and maybe someone out there equally curious can benefit:

This is just to enumerate options, things like boltguns will be disregarded because they are defaulted and plentiful

Battle Sister Squad box:

Superior:

1 Condemnor

1 Combi-weapon mount (plasma, melta, flamer attachments)

1 Plasma Pistol

1 Chainsword with sheath

1 held Power Sword with sheath

1 sheathed Power Sword

Heavy Weapons:

1 Heavy Bolter

1 Heavy Flamer

Special Weapons:

4 Storm Bolter

4 Flamer

4 Meltagun

Upgrades:

2 Simulacrum (full arms, though both have a pauldron attached and only 1 body seamlessly fits both shoulders... you can trim the pauldron off easily enough to fit other bodies)

1 Incensor Cherub

Fun stuff:

Tons of heads... 1 coifed it seems, 2 raised visors (one normal, and one Celestian pattern)

2 slung boltguns (I really like this for modeling)

2 helms held in right arm (again, 1 Celestian, 1 normal sister pattern)

Holstered Bolt Pistols

A few held items (Icon and grenade)

Celestians are differentiated by a fleur de lis on their helmets

Retributors box:

Superior has pretty much the same options as above with an additional option of a power maul, and she has a couple of spiffy options to adorn her backpack (the halo or a fleur de lis)

2 of each heavy weapon

2 armorium cherubs

Tons of head options again

3 Purity seals :sad.:  I wished there was a couple more.  I'm going to check again to make sure I didn't miss any because it feels a little thin.

Thoughts:

The heads are pretty nice... a wide variety of facial poses and accents on them, but the bob hairstyle is apparently strictly enforced.

The Superiors have a nice range of options in both boxes, which is neato because I really needed a few chainsword + combi-melta Superiors for my normal Battle Sister squads, and normal chainsword + boltgun superiors for my retributors

Crafting 2 Simulacrum is pretty easy out of 1 battle sister box, which is handy.  Only 1 Superior is kind of meh for MSU, so it'll take a bit of work and external bits if you want to make 2 WYSIWYG Superiors out of 1 Battle Sister box.

Multi-melta bits are going to be the hardest to get, but you still get 2 per box of Retributors... unfortunately, that's the only way to get them.

Anyways, if any of you are still mapping out what you need to purchase to maximize the options you need for your army... I hope that helps a little!

Edit: finally found the last bit of special weapons, my apologies.  I triple checked those sprues and swear there was three :)  Above has been edited

Edited by Purifying Tempest

I'm really loving the transfer sheets, The scripture transfers in particular are going to change my life as a Templar player!

I also saw a quick conversion this morning to swap Multi Melta and Heavy Flamer nozzles on a heavy flamer chassis, not fully WYSIWIG, but pretty good idea IMO.

Edited by Brother Adelard

Just thinking about the extras in the Retributor box - how many of the bodies within the standard kit do you think might be able to carry these weapons? Some poses inevitably won't suit it, but I wonder whether there are possibilities to reduce that redundancy of spares. 

I used these to convert the Seraphim in the limited edition set into having 2 sets of Inferno Pistols:

https://wargameexclusive.com/shop/battle-sisters/emperor-sisters-angels-melting-pistols-set-5p/

They set into the new plastic molds like champs.  Cut them both at the wrist, flattened it nicely, and then just glued it together.  Was easy-peasy.

You can always use any meltaguns you're not using to convert for inferno pistols.

Meanwhile, I'm still :censored: about there not being a multimelta in the Battle Sisters box and the Retributor boxes only being 2 of each heavy in comparison to being able to build two 5-model Dominion squads with 4 specials each from the Battle Sister box.

I did purchase 3 Ret boxes, and I am glad that I did, I remember the Reaper Chain Cannon debacle with the new Havoc box (that was 1 per box, btw).  I also wanted to have 6 Armorium Cherubs, and thankfully they came 2x per box... that could have easily been 1.

I am a fair bit disappointed that the Multi-melta was left out of the Battle Sister box, though, that felt a little unnecessary.  Ah well, missed opportunities :(

So far I have built one Canoness, 2 Superiors with combi melta and chainsword and 1 Superior with boltgun and chainsword, as well as several standard Sisters and Retributors.

Hey just a question to those who have been building the kit (i have a few ordered but none in my hands as of yet), with the fixed (mostly) poses, is there a way to model the 'slung bolter and pointing' one, and the pulling the grenade pin out with teeth' one with any of the 'normal' bolter arms (as in in both hands and aiming/firing)?

from what i could tell from eyeballing the sprues off the GW page, and fron looking around, the arms (mostly) seem to be join at the shoulder underneath the shoulder pads, and it seems like for those 2 sisters i mentioned, you could have one slightly leaning forward walking holding the bolter, and the other leaning backwards holding it?

I just tend to have a little ocd with repeated distinctive models, and having too many all pointing would seem odd lol, it is cool that the grenade one can have it just being pulled out, or cocking her arm to throw, so its not as repeated.

Thanks for any help/thoughts/ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

First conversion, taking the book from the retributor superior and snipping off the tab, it fits quite well on the grenade body.

gallery_21521_16117_734563.jpg

In other experiments, I tested interchangeability between the two kits, using the numbers in the instruction booklet for sisters and the body number from the Retributor instructions.

I tested the multimelta arms, but all looked similar for each body.

A Retributor guns fit:

11 sister

9 sister

6 sister

5 sister

B retributor guns:

I couldn't figure out sister 10, as her knee blocks the multimelta from fitting either arm for me.

1 is the superior. 2 just explaining the many heads and helmets. 3 the imagifier.

Armaments, Chapter Two, Verses Nine to Twenty-One

And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out! Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Well that explains the high mortality rate among the illiterate heretics who found the missing crate of Holy Hand Grenades... Along with the bunker that got burnt down from within in holy fire.

Pulling the pin and forsaking the required counting to three which could be the end of thee.

In other experiments, I tested interchangeability between the two kits, using the numbers in the instruction booklet for sisters and the body number from the Retributor instructions.

Immensely helpful, thank you! I think that bodes well for ensuring that the additional weapons in the Retributor kit are utilised, and means that there'll be some variety between bodies and poses too. 

Immensely helpful, thank you! I think that bodes well for ensuring that the additional weapons in the Retributor kit are utilised, and means that there'll be some variety between bodies and poses too. 

You're welcome. I think it's actually more helpful for the Retributors, as otherwise you only have 2 possible poses for the heavy weapon sisters. 

Has anyone tried putting plastic retributor heavy weapons onto metal retributor bodies? I only just ordered my first retri box so haven't had the chance to try yet, it'll probably take a week to arrive.

Edited by tvih

You're welcome. I think it's actually more helpful for the Retributors, as otherwise you only have 2 possible poses for the heavy weapon sisters. 

Absolutely! I think two boxes of Retributors and a box of standard Battle Sisters will probably be next on the slow-grow list, and then I'll have the full ability to mix and match. It might mean I'll have an excess of Heavy Weaponry to start, but then there'll be flexibility to switch out squads (or weaponry in Battle Sister squads) as appropriate. I'll suppose there'll then be the more practical consideration of what is most effective to actually utilise in game, but great to be able to change that up based on opponent or for variety.

Looks like shes reading the instruction manual for how to use a grenade!

:tongue.:

I think that book should be painted as such:

On the left page a number 3 underlined and a number 4 with a strike through it.

on the right page, one massive 5 crossed out entirely.