Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

LVO: Warhammer Previews Thursday night 23/1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
305 replies to this topic

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,204 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

For 40k it could be those Primaris units that were leaked a while back, the speeder thing, the baalulsor and the primebikers.

Edited by No Foes Remain, 19 January 2020 - 10:48 PM.

10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra'    18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions; Geno One-Four-One Akkad; 13th Solar Auxiliary Cohort 'Black Scorpions'

sml_gallery_48988_16053_16940.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_4278.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

194th Company, 19th Chapter, Ultramarines Legion - 'Ultimas of War'; Halcyon Dominion's 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; Knight House Cousland

Sons of Horus 38th Company

-----

Astral Claws 5th Company; XII Tyrant's Legion

Adeptus Praetorii: Void Angels, Ultima Wardens, Crimson Saints  Adeptus Astartes Chapters

Order of the Amethyst Tower; Halcyon Dominion Militarum Forces; Knight House Cousland; Forge Fiefdom Orzarm

Void Knights Chaos Chapter

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts

I'm not going to get hyped for anything GW themselves declare as huge news either. Last time it was something we've already known about anyway. Their definition of huge is vastly different from what the rest of the world defines as huge.

That's what fulgrim said :P
  • Pork Chop Express, Hellebras and Are Verlo like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,788 posts

Primarchs, calling it.

• Shadow Captain Vyper, Master Commander Ajax, Drudge Dreadnought and 7 others like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts

Primarchs, calling it.

Those wrong clocks are always correct twice a day :P

What makes you think Primarchs this time over adepticon reveal?

• Dosjetka likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,788 posts

Primarchs, calling it.

Those wrong clocks are always correct twice a day tongue.png

What makes you think Primarchs this time over adepticon reveal?

I can feel it in my plums.

• Felix Antipodes, Shadow Captain Vyper, Master Commander Ajax and 4 others like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

For 40k it could be those Primaris units that were leaked a while back, the speeder thing, the baalulsor and the primebikers.

That's my guess.

Frankly, I've given up on GW EVER doing another Primarch.  Summer will be what, 2, 3 years since Mortarion?  Yeah, long enough I've forgotten when 8th came out.  Let alone Magnus and G-Man. 

New Primaris though?  That fits within their definition of HUGE MEGA BIG AMAZING REVEAL!  As close to a new faction as we'll get in 40k.

• SufficientAnonymity likes this

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts
I would like them to reveal those primaris fast attack units and maybe something else

I don't care about elves in AoS so i wait only for news for 40k

Edited by Master Sheol, 20 January 2020 - 05:26 AM.

“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,359 posts

What was revealed at last vegas open again? Shadowspear?

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,911 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

What was revealed at last vegas open again? Shadowspear?

Yeah, and Abbadon was teased.
https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/
  • SufficientAnonymity likes this

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,012 posts
My guess for the 40k previews is Ghaz and/or Ragnar. Possibly a box set, and the names of a few psychic Awakening books.

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,204 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

That's my guess.

Frankly, I've given up on GW EVER doing another Primarch.  Summer will be what, 2, 3 years since Mortarion?  Yeah, long enough I've forgotten when 8th came out.  Let alone Magnus and G-Man. 

New Primaris though?  That fits within their definition of HUGE MEGA BIG AMAZING REVEAL!  As close to a new faction as we'll get in 40k.

It could also be the reason they didn't react to the leaked images, with this in the near-future they could have just held on them for a bit and show them proper on Thursday.

10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra'    18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions; Geno One-Four-One Akkad; 13th Solar Auxiliary Cohort 'Black Scorpions'

sml_gallery_48988_16053_16940.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_4278.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

194th Company, 19th Chapter, Ultramarines Legion - 'Ultimas of War'; Halcyon Dominion's 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; Knight House Cousland

Sons of Horus 38th Company

-----

Astral Claws 5th Company; XII Tyrant's Legion

Adeptus Praetorii: Void Angels, Ultima Wardens, Crimson Saints  Adeptus Astartes Chapters

Order of the Amethyst Tower; Halcyon Dominion Militarum Forces; Knight House Cousland; Forge Fiefdom Orzarm

Void Knights Chaos Chapter

Mango Polo

Mango Polo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 379 posts
Wonder why the article has been killed off WHC.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

Usually it's because it went up before intended or because it said something erroneous.

We'll see which one it was when it returns.

• Dark Shepherd and Aztek like this

UtariOnzo

UtariOnzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 373 posts
My money is on Primaris Wave 3 reveal, continuing the trend from Shadowspear, and a few PA teasers, but otherwise not much on the 40k front

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 838 posts

My money is on Primaris Wave 3 reveal, continuing the trend from Shadowspear, and a few PA teasers, but otherwise not much on the 40k front

The thing is, when they unveiled Shadowspear at last year's LVO, the set was less than two months from release. Whereas now, it's looking like we won't see the next box set featuring Primaris until June... about three months later on the calendar from when Shadowspear came out. And several of those vehicles will most likely appear even later, as part of the multi-part kit followup to the box set (though there could well be at least one vehicle in the set this time).

That being the case, I wouldn't be surprised if they had planned on focusing on the upcoming AdMech expansion and a teaser of the remaining PA books. That one image that leaked might have been intended as a final LVO tease with no further info. Now that it has leaked, they might give us a little more of a glimpse of the 2020 Primaris wave, but I still don't expect much.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

Shadow Captain Vyper

Shadow Captain Vyper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,345 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard

Article is back up

"A Mind Without Purpose Will Wander in Dark Places..."

gallery_16835_13820_5804.jpggallery_6494_6331_8260.png

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts

Primaris wave 3 Will be reveal at Adepticon in March IMHO
The "huge" reveal will be Just the miniature of PA6 (Ghaz maybe cause it's huge in size?) and maybe the names of upcoming PA books

I don't expect much more and even if my hopes are very thin i am sure GW will dissapoint me with their "huge" reveal
  • Triszin likes this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,961 posts

The "huge" reveal will be Just the miniature of PA6 (Ghaz maybe cause it's huge in size?) and maybe the names of upcoming PA books

I don't expect much more and even if my hopes are very thin i am sure GW will dissapoint me with their "huge" reveal

at most, if ghaz is real and present, it will be a teaser video ad his full reveal at adepticon

banana

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,911 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

at most, if ghaz is real and present, it will be a teaser video ad his full reveal at adepticon

Isn’t PA6, which Ghaz would presumably be alongside, coming in March? Adepticon is at the very end of March. Seems a bit late for a reveal of a model out that month.

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts

I don't think so
PA6 will be out in march and Adepticon will be at the end of same month so probably when PA6 will be already out
If they will just tease the PA6 miniature at LVO the reveal will be in WHC in february

viewasjack

viewasjack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists & Flesh Tearers

Wait a sec, didn't GW say they we're going to be showing Angels of Death off in January? Maybe we'll see that there?

gallery_45765_12339_49118.png 49208293978_064e846335_o.png

Instagram - viewasjack

Crimson Fists 4th Company - "The Crimson Lancers" - WIP

Flesh Tearers Spearhead Force - WIP

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,961 posts

you are correct, I keep thinking adepticon is in February

banana

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

It could also be the reason they didn't react to the leaked images, with this in the near-future they could have just held on them for a bit and show them proper on Thursday.

Yeah.  Which is really just terrible expectation management.  Because if it just ends up being Wave 3 Primaris stuff?  People are going to be underwhelmed.  Big time.  Again.  I mean, we should be expecting that nowadays.  But in general if we're getting a reveal like that, we already know it's coming!  It's not much of a reveal then.  Leak or not.  you know?

Heck, even last year Abbadon was a bit of a let down - not that it wasn't cool he was coming.  Just that they made such a big deal about it being a huge reveal day and we got... Abbadon.  And more Primaris we were already expecting or leaked on.  Meanwhile, Sigmar keeps getting brand new entire ARMIES and ok, sure, that's at least cool!  No lie there.  But I'm not a Sigmar player, and the last new 'army' 40k got was Custodes, right?  (With the caveat that yes, Sisters of Battle are sort of a new 'old' army since it's been so long!  And a total range refresh).  I feel it really is just so much a hype word thing.  Like "See our great new reveals" doesn't give quite the expectation of "it's gonna be huge!" 

But something would be nice.  Heck, allegedly the Psychic Awakening isn't even pushing forward the story!  Just going back a bit?  Bwah?  So nothing too exciting coming from it either. 

Edited by Dulahan, 20 January 2020 - 03:43 PM.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Yeah.  Which is really just terrible expectation management.  Because if it just ends up being Wave 3 Primaris stuff?  People are going to be underwhelmed.  Big time.  Again.  I mean, we should be expecting that nowadays.  But in general if we're getting a reveal like that, we already know it's coming!  It's not much of a reveal then.  Leak or not.  you know?

Heck, even last year Abbadon was a bit of a let down - not that it wasn't cool he was coming.  Just that they made such a big deal about it being a huge reveal day and we got... Abbadon.  And more Primaris we were already expecting or leaked on.  Meanwhile, Sigmar keeps getting brand new entire ARMIES and ok, sure, that's at least cool!  No lie there.  But I'm not a Sigmar player, and the last new 'army' 40k got was Custodes, right?  (With the caveat that yes, Sisters of Battle are sort of a new 'old' army since it's been so long!  And a total range refresh).  I feel it really is just so much a hype word thing.  Like "See our great new reveals" doesn't give quite the expectation of "it's gonna be huge!" 

But something would be nice.  Heck, allegedly the Psychic Awakening isn't even pushing forward the story!  Just going back a bit?  Bwah?  So nothing too exciting coming from it either. 

Primaris probably outsell the entire AoS range, so as much as it pains me to say it, showing off Wave 3 would be a huge announcement to most of the GW fandom.
  • WandererTheta likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Grimdark_Garage

Grimdark_Garage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

All i want is Endless Spells or something similar in 40k

but it will primarily be Elves and some PA reveals probably.

I cant see the leaked fast attack stuff coming along until the end of PA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users