Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k Competitve TS List

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

jgascoine011

jgascoine011

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 202 posts

With the new PA out thought i would think up some half decent list.

TS are still going to struggle with marines however, and really, dealing with high T is still a huge issue for TS. Taking on Imperial Knights is going to be a nightmare

Anyway here is what i am thinking.

Batallion: Cult of Duplicity

HQ

Arhiman

- Disk of Tzeentch

- Powers: Diabolical Strength, Warptime, Gaze of Fate

Terminator Sorcerer

- Inferno Combi-Bolter

- Foce Stave

- Familiar

- Cube of Darkness

- Powers: Death Hex, Weaver of Fates

Elites

9 Scarab Occult Terminators

- 9 Inferno Combi Bolters

- 8 Power Swords

- Force Stave

Troops

9 Rubic Marines

- 8 Inferno Bolters

- Inferno Pistol

- Foce Stave

9 Rubic Marines

- 8 Inferno Bolters

- Inferno Pistol

- Foce Stave

9 Rubic Marines

- 8 Inferno Bolters

- Inferno Pistol

- Foce Stave

Transport

Rhino

- Combi Bolter

Rhino

- Combi Bolter

Vanguard Detachment: Cult of Magic

HQ

Aspiring Sorcerer

- Disk of Tzeentch

- Inferno Bolter

- Force Stave

- Warlord: Devistating Sorcerey

- Relic: Arcane Focus

- Powers: Doombolt, Infernal Gaze

Elites

Contemptor Dreadnought

- 2 Twin Lascannons

Contemptor Dreadnought

- 2 Twin Lascannons

Contemptor Dreadnought

- 2 Twin Autocannons

Outrider Detachment: Cult of Magic

HQ

Aspiring Sorcerer

- Disk of Tzeentch

- Inferno Bolter

- Force Stave

- WLT: High Magister

- Powers: Glamor of Tzeentch, Presience

Fast Attack

Chaos Spawn

Chaos Spawn

Chaos Spawn

Tactics

3 Sorcerers with +2 to cast, and the other with +1 and re-roll failed test. Not too shabby

The 1st Aspiring Sorcerer is used for taking our characters. He can do a potential of 10 mortal wounds, before using variours strats, granted it needs to be a bit lucky but still.

The 2nd Aspiring Sorcerer is more a support character

Arhiman flys about taking out weak/exposed units

Terminator Sorcerer teleports him and the terminators to where they need to be turn 1.

The rubrics are a bit interesting.

2 units go into the rhinos. The 3rd is more of a disposable unit. If i am going 2nd i will deepstrike them in. If going 1st, i will set up using the stratagem, then double tap with the other stratagem. If the opponent siezes, well they are 150 pts.

Turn 1, one unit will get out the rhino and then teleport themselves up the board.

This means if i get 1st turn i have 2 units of 9 rubrics, 9 scarab occult, a terminator sorcerer, and arhiman in the opponents face. Thats about 90 S4 AP-2 D1 shots.

I dont like the contemptors, but TS need some anti-tank.

Fire frenzy will give me either 12 lascannon shots and 8 auto cannons shots, Or 8 Lascannon and 16 autocannon shots...hitting on 2s

Spawn are just cheap CP

Going 2nd against chaos knights will hurt

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,988 posts

I wouldn't use Chaos Familiar strat on Ahriman for Gaze of Fate. I'd give it to an Aspiring Sorcerer who otherwise would be camping on an objective anyways.. Or, an HQ which might be running around with support duties. It would suck to lose Ahriman after diving him into combat and whatnot, when he 1. Spent a CP to get a spell he can't start with and 2. Won't have a 3+ Invul since he's not the Warlord.

I'd make the Terminator Sorcerer Cult of Magic since he can show up where he wants basically.. He can get pretty stupid with his casting bonuses, if you take the Magic relic as well, and turn 2 Chaos Familiar spell swap could be for Infernal Gateway or swapping out his smite for another power someone else might already know but isn't in range for.

Edited by Archaeinox, 19 January 2020 - 09:43 PM.

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users