Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ridgerunners

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,163 posts

Howdy all,

Has anyone had a think about Ridgerunners post Chapter approved? They're so darn cheap and the model is one of my all time favorites so I was looking at packing quite a few into a list.

Maybe an Outrider detachment: HiveCult with a Jakal Alphus, 6 Mining laser Ridgerunners and maybe a couple with Mortars to sit in the backfield? Still want to use the brood coven strategem so can't give the Alphus the Hivecult warlord trait, but I was thinking of giving it to the Magus and having her sit back with the Ridgerunners.

They seem pretty nasty for their cost now.

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts
"Just two good ol' boys.
Never meanin' no harm..." :)
  • librisrouge and brother_b like this

Put the toys on the table and throw the dice. Everything else is just noise.

...Unless you're just in this for the modeling. In which case, show your work. Yours likely looks better than mine, anyway.

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,202 posts

In my list I always take 2 (the number I own lol

Even mobile I quite like them. Its effectively a D3 shot las-cannon. For what I found they are fairly good at supporting other multi-wound damage efforts and the substantial (20ish points) decrease REALLY helped them on the table. 

Akrim

Akrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,183 posts
I have a squadron of three with mining lasers, theyre great if you can link them up with a Jackal Alphus for the priority target sighted buff.

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts
Yeah, but modeling a Jackal Alphus in Daisy Dukes and a halter top is well beyond my meagre skills. :)
  • mel_danes likes this

Put the toys on the table and throw the dice. Everything else is just noise.

...Unless you're just in this for the modeling. In which case, show your work. Yours likely looks better than mine, anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users