Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Rubicon and Iron Hands

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Lord_Caerolion

Lord_Caerolion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,839 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Sobek

I believe going through the Rubicon does replace missing parts? In Spears of the Emperor it was used to rebuild the destroyed body of an Astartes Captain.

Marneus was indeed missing all 4 of his limbs, I suspect they are back now.

His body was cut up, it wasn't dismembered. He still had everything where it should be. It brought him back to being functional, it absolutely didn't regrow any missing limbs.

"And then Horus landed on the Moon, which looked like the moon. Funny that, isn't it?"

You're hired.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,286 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves

I believe going through the Rubicon does replace missing parts? In Spears of the Emperor it was used to rebuild the destroyed body of an Astartes Captain.

His body was cut up, it wasn't dismembered. He still had everything where it should be. It brought him back to being functional, it absolutely didn't regrow any missing limbs.
IIRC, that's a retcon.
  • Inquisitor lorr likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Lord_Caerolion

Lord_Caerolion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,839 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Sobek

IIRC, that's a retcon.

Sorry for being unclear, I'm talking about the Captain in Spear of the Emperor, not Calgar.

EDIT: In other words, we've not been given any clarification about what Calgar's body is like under his armor, but the Captain in Spears didn't have anything to grow back, so he's not proof of this occurring at all.

Edited by Lord_Caerolion, 28 February 2020 - 02:31 AM.

"And then Horus landed on the Moon, which looked like the moon. Funny that, isn't it?"

You're hired.

Indomitus

Indomitus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3 posts

Calgar only lost his limbs in Rogue Trader, it just got conflated with him getting beat up by the Swarmlord for some reason.

Vigilus Ablaze described him being cut open from crown to heel while under going the Primaris surgery. 

• Bjorn Firewalker likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users