Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bit of speculation about the Primaris Librarian

Librarian Space Marines Primaris Librarian

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,522 posts

Okay, so, I was looking at the Primaris Librarian as a potential source for a good helmet for Mephiston. Then I noticed the URL.

epistolary_1.png

Epistolary. Hm. I thought maybe that means GeeDubs is or was planning on releasing other ranks of Primaris Librarian. Personally, I'd actually love to see Primaris Codiciers and Lexicana, as cheaper psyker options - or maybe, in the case of the Lexicana, an attachment to a squad, like the Helix Adept. Thoughts?

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpg

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 808 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

Could be just blurb of sorts. Ain´t primaris now higher in the food chain anyways in SM line? Epistolary is now normal for them?

Edited by Jukkiz, 22 January 2020 - 07:29 PM.

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Lord_Caerolion

Lord_Caerolion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,912 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Sobek

I wouldn't read anything into it. GW has a tendency nowadays to name generic models, like the Death Guard Plague Surgeon being called Nauseous Rotbone, despite not being a special character.

"And then Horus landed on the Moon, which looked like the moon. Funny that, isn't it?"

You're hired.

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,439 posts
There has been models for different levels of Librarian before, even rules, but though I wouldn't be surprised I'm also not reading into this too much. If I recall correctly the skull with curled horns is the symbol for the rank of epistolary and that model is bedecked with them.

My Librarius would welcome individual representation on the table, if it did happen I'd be making up some new models for sure.

Edited by NTaW, 22 January 2020 - 10:19 PM.

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,401 posts

Ranks under epistolaries, if I remember right, don't even wear Psychic Hoods or have force weapons, and are not normally involved in combat.

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,116 posts

Ranks under epistolaries, if I remember right, don't even wear Psychic Hoods or have force weapons, and are not normally involved in combat.

I haven't heard that before. I remember there were specific models for the various ranks once upon a time.

https://www.dakkadak...an schemes.html

https://3.bp.blogspo...-librarians.jpg

This is reaching back pretty far in the lore though, so things may have changed.

• Bryan Blaire likes this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Plog: http://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Plog: http://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,522 posts

I'd like to add that there actually is a modeled Codicier - he's that Deathwatch guy from the Blood Ravens.

Edit: I've learned today that I REALLY like the old Librarian models from back during 2e, especially the Codicier. By the way, here's the lad himself:

01-01.jpg

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen, 22 January 2020 - 11:38 PM.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpg

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,094 posts

That’s not right. Epistolary is a senior rank just one under chief librarian. Codicier is the mid rank with Lexicanum being junior. Both codidciers and lexicanii are full marines who take to the battlefield. Acolytum are the Librarians in training who don’t take to the battlefield until they reach lexicanum rank.

Some of the older specific lexicanum models had smaller psychic hoods and less decorative armour compared to the codicier and epistolary specific models, could be that you are thinking of.

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,133 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
The only way there will be rules for ranked Librarians would be in the shadow of a Psychic phase expansion, as right now within the rules there is very little wiggle room between standard Librarians and Chief Librarian rules.
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,522 posts

The only way there will be rules for ranked Librarians would be in the shadow of a Psychic phase expansion, as right now within the rules there is very little wiggle room between standard Librarians and Chief Librarian rules.

The current Librarians are Epistolaries; the lower ranks would be cheaper, less known, less casts, less denies. Maybe Codicier gets know one, cast two, deny one and the Lexicanum gets know one, cast one, deny one as well as being a squad attachment?

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,133 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Maybe that's how they'd do it but seems a little surplus to requirements with the rules. *shrugs*
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,095 posts
I think that at the moment, rules wise a librarian is a librarian is a librarian. Fluff wise, and model wise there is a distinction between the ranks. I believe the librarians rank is determined by markings on his loin cloth. I love that deathwatch librarian, and with a left arm swap and a librarius shoulder pad on his sword arm and BA shoulder pad will make a fine addition to a BA army, ooh the creative juices are flowing now.
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,071 posts

A possible epistolary model could just be a generic "high ranking" librarian model that people could use as a standard librarian, or as their chief librarian if this is not specified character. Productwise it needed a different name. It could be.

It could just be a nothing burger too.

Lord_Caerolion

Lord_Caerolion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,912 posts

Again, it's no more of a sign than the fact that the URL for the Death Guard Tallyman is https://www.games-wo...bus-Wretch-2017

If they haven't made Scribbus Wretch a special character yet, there's almost no chance they're giving a hidden hint in the Librarian.

"And then Horus landed on the Moon, which looked like the moon. Funny that, isn't it?"

You're hired.

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,522 posts

Again, it's no more of a sign than the fact that the URL for the Death Guard Tallyman is https://www.games-wo...bus-Wretch-2017

If they haven't made Scribbus Wretch a special character yet, there's almost no chance they're giving a hidden hint in the Librarian.

The thing is... that doesn't really hold up. He's actually kind of called Scribbus Wretch, as far as the box and page are concerned. The Primaris Librarian is, as of right now, just a Primaris Librarian according to everything but the URL.

Besides, it's fun to speculate. ^^

• Black Blow Fly likes this

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,886 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal
What’s it day for the Phobos Libraian
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Lord_Caerolion

Lord_Caerolion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,912 posts

The thing is... that doesn't really hold up. He's actually kind of called Scribbus Wretch, as far as the box and page are concerned. The Primaris Librarian is, as of right now, just a Primaris Librarian according to everything but the URL.

Besides, it's fun to speculate. ^^

My point is that it hasn't carried over into rules in any way, so I'm not expecting it to in the case of the Librarian either. It's purely a name thing.

You're hired.

embalancer

embalancer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

Once upon a time it was Lexicanium (the first rank librarians) that didn't have hoods and I think it was an actual model in one of the earlier editions 

====
The Librarian Chronicles: The Beginning

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,101 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists
I think we may see different force weapons on Primaris librarians in the future. The new book about the imperial fists has the main character (a geomancer Primaris librarian) armed with a force stave.
  • Black Blow Fly and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Librarian, Space Marines, Primaris Librarian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users