Space wolf trophies

WickedJester1013

I have some space wolf bits and was curious if a sorcerer would take a pelt or even bits of armor as trophies to mock space wolves. One idea I have is a third party terminator shoulder pad with a pelt on it and though maybe a scarab occult sorcerer might wear it to display that he killed a wolf guard terminator. Is this to much of a stretch? Or would it be better to display trophies on his bases? Thoughts?

It's entirely up to you of course :) While Sons Sorcerers are a more scholarly lot and likely less inclined to take trophies compared to others (as most Marines are more warrior than academic) that doesn't mean that it'll never happen. Add in angles such as it perhaps being a piece of a spell or ritual he plans later, or part of a labyrinthian plan to lure and trap some Space Wolves and I'd say you have all the excuses you need :wink:

In the stories I've read of interactions of Wolves vs Thousand Sons, I don't get the feeling the Thousand Sons look at them in a 'trophy' sort of way. Perhaps it's Thousand Sons' arrogance, or just that they look at Wolves as 'animals'. I don't know, but that's not to say a Sorc could not have a vendetta so deep that he wears such things.

We know Magnus enjoys posing on Dreadnought arms!

Iskandar Khayon, a Thousand Sons sorcerer (who joined the Black Legion after the Horus Heresy), took a Space Wolves power axe as a trophy during the Battle of Prosphero and turned it into a force axe

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Iskandar_Khayon

The axe was also possessed by a daemon right?

• 2 weeks later...