Back to Badab: A Badab War Community Log - Kill Team Edition

Dosjetka

Thanks for sharing! Those looks great, I'll have to keep an eye on that seller.

Good news y'all! My progress had stalled because I ran out of my supply of Ennox Sorrlock and Imperial Space Marine bits, but I was able to find another supplier. Expect more Mantis Warriors soon!

By the way, what size of guitar wire do people use for their tubing on Marine torsos and whatnot? I've been messing around with green stuff wiring and it's a real pain in the butt.

Ooh, a ship! That's crazy ambitious. It looks so good!

That plasticard work is pretty impressive.

What’s the end goal here Mr Yellow?

Dallo

Thanks guys.

Plan is: press gang needs a ship to operate from and find recruits for.

Since this project is more story driven; being based on kill teams there is only so much one can do once the kill team is assembled. I don't have access to the guard dex to point up my force but I'm thinking it will end up being about 15-20 strong and I have a few more conversions in mind.

Once that's done it makes sense to take the story driven aspect to more of an exteme so I will be creating the warship my kill team operates from. This will include it's history, role and ultimate fate in the Badab War (among other things).

Cheers

LM

Right bit of an update from me.

Not a great picture but I'll get some proper daylight shots when I get time. This guy is going to be the sergeant, technically speaking he'll actually be a regular first company astartes but as the most experienced he'll be the squad leader. I'm mostly just mapping out the colours and haven't done any highlighting yet. He is in full MK6 armour, the others will be mixed but will be in the camo and night world variant schemes. The idea being they just got their butts handed to them by the Executioners and it's a small rag-tag unit of members of different squads.

P1000830

Thanks mate. Yeah I thought it would make it a bit more interesting for me to paint and I can make each a character in their own right. I have one guy in night camo with the banner of his fallen squad draped over one shoulder and two insurgency camo guys that will be a bit more jaded and beat up. They are all going to be a bit scarred as the Howling Griffons took quite a beating, I expect a few unsavory practices creeping in like trophy taking.

Right bit of an update from me.

Not a great picture but I'll get some proper daylight shots when I get time. This guy is going to be the sergeant, technically speaking he'll actually be a regular first company astartes but as the most experienced he'll be the squad leader. I'm mostly just mapping out the colours and haven't done any highlighting yet. He is in full MK6 armour, the others will be mixed but will be in the camo and night world variant schemes. The idea being they just got their butts handed to them by the Executioners and it's a small rag-tag unit of members of different squads.

I'd love an unpainted or WIP shot if you do more :)

Sure no problem. :smile.:

Here is some of the greenstuff work on two of the other guys. I've got the legs done by rather than fix the front primaris plate and knee to the leg as normal I've left this off and used green stuff instead. The heavy bolter guy needs to have his collar added but the bolter guy is pretty much done and ready to paint.

P1000831

P1000832

P1000833

P1000835

Hi folks,

It's been a bit quiet on this thread, so I thought I'd share some progress on my Astral Claws Kill Team.

bbLfcqll.png

Apologies that the photo quality isn't great, but it should convey in broad strokes what I've been doing. Still a lot of blu-tac so things could change. For instance, the heavy bolter gunner used to be a Red Scorpion with a combi-melta, but I wanted an excuse to use the loose, finecast heavy bolter and this seemed like as good a place as any.

The plan for this particular Kill Team is to use the Chaos Kill Team ruleset and bring five Marines composed of: Sgt, Heavy Gunner, Special Gunner, banner and a Retaliator (who will just be a chainsword Marine rules wise). I'll also bring five cultists with two flamers to represent the human elements of Huron's rebellion.

I realised recently that the sergeant bears more than a passing resemblance to apologist's Brother-sergeant Todros Aldin (by dint of being an Astral Claw sergeant carrying an axe on his shoulder) but I'm hoping when he's done, he'll stand as a distinct character on his own two feet.

I also put together a Minotaur Sergeant with a power maul. I'm aware that this isn't strictly a legal loadout for a Loyalist Marine, so I may just use the Chaos rules for this particular Kill Team too. The mechanics of the Death to the False Emperor rule seemed to fit with Minotaurs anyway.

For those who are curious, the photo edits were just a filter applied in PowerPoint. I'm vaguely tempted to use the image and make some posters to print out and add to terrain.

KFmVItUl.png

Here is the original image.

Hwp40mbl.jpg?2

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has been up to.

Dallo

The shipyards of Mars have fallen silent whilst waiting for materials from the forgeworld of ebay to arrive.

In the interim I have returned to my press gang with the following.

"When troop convoys traverse regions of space plagued with pirates and xenos, this presents an opportunity for Navy and Guard officers to mix in a more informal environment that is usually lost when in a combat theatre.

This has on occassion borne unexpected fruit. In the case of the press gang a few sacras on the orlop saw a Krieg Colonel of Engineers and an inquisitive Midshipman discussing the relative mertits of low veloity versus high velocity rounds, ship borne combat and the resultant risks of explosive decompression this presented too participants in said combat.

The fruit in this case was low velocity AND explosion.

Courtesy of a lot more sacra, co-opted regimental resources, a shell with re-engineered cutting head and some questionable decisions the mole mortar was successfully adapted and test fired (much to the annoyance of chief engineer)."

Naval Armsman carrying Krieg pattern Mk12 Mole Mortar. Note un-sanctioned mortar rounds used are subject to premature detonation.

gallery_60109_16124_1316314.jpg

Cheers

LM

Noticed there's a Badab War-related event of sorts happening on Instagram (#BadabBrothers) so, with lockdown in full swing and my pile of shame as full as it'll ever be, I figured it was time to kill two birds with one stone.

gallery_45765_11678_43445.png

This combat squad of Salamanders got its first lick of paint back in 2014 and has remained unfinished ever since. Now's a good time as any to get the last two members fully-painted and then get them all onto appropriately-sized and painted bases. :tu:

Anyway, I hope you're all well and that you have the time to continue painting and modelling during these trying times. Take care and stay healthy! :)

Hi all!

Between work and putting some effort into another slice of the Badab War over in the PBP section, I managed to put a few thin coats in my Mantis Warriors and felt I owe you some Progress report:

gallery_66914_8104_215930.jpg

The green of the armour is still a bit dark

gallery_66914_8104_572076.jpg

and the camo-cloaks are still a bit too green :P

I intended the basecoat to be "Dunkelgelb" put it seems I didn`t shake the bottle properly. So it will take a few more layers, I guess.

Stay safe out there !

Greetings brothers! Apologies for the lack of updates, seems a lot has happened in the world recently.

I've a couple more days to get my sharks kill team, and I'm pretty sure I'll have that sorted. Might even be able to get a WiP pic up before Tues.

After that, I'm going to switch allegiance I think.....

Xin: good to see you start on your Mantis Warriors. What stage are those Eliminators at now? :)

Altis: No worries, these are strange times and while some have more time on their hands, others are not so fortunate! Looking forward to seeing pics of your Carcharodons! :tu:

Now, I've been painting some more Salamanders: most notably, an old Techmarine model from 1994. It's been great so far, just need to figure out what basing scheme I want to go with for my Sallies. Any ideas?

Anyway, here's a pic of the Techmarine so far:

gallery_45765_11678_182720.png

I hope you're all well and it'd be great to see some more progress in here when folks find the time. :tu:

Captain of the 8th Company, Lord Executioner, Mamysus Dikaiosyne

Oz1TsA.jpg

Captain of the 8th Company, Lord Executioner, Mamysus Dikaiosyne was fairly new to his role at the outbreak of the Badab War. Mamyus had fought with the 8th Company for over 180 Terran years, first with the 3rd squad 'Wing of Vengance'.

For 20 years, Mamysus has served as the Captain of the 8th Company, Lord Executioner. In this short time, he has only partaken in a handful of battles, most of his time taken up with Chapter Administration, both on a strategic and ritual.

I've mainly been lurking these last couple of weeks.

Mrs Yellow is now defending the Imperium from home with me, and unfortunately requisitioned my forge table for the war effort.

That, combined with a serious lack of inspiration when test painting the naval armsmen results in me having nothing to show for now.

Cheers

LM

Inquisitor Eisenhorn, your killteam is gorgeous.

My killteam is slowly being painted.

The newest addition is "Mumsy", the Purser's voice on the Emperor's Bounty's raiding.  Mumsy was the victim of a variety of medical experiments done by an aspiring biologis, which included a partial lobotomy, the implantation of various hardware within his skull, the removal of his tongue and his mouth being stapled shut.  These have left Mumsy unable to speak (hence his nickname), but have made him the perfect conduct for the Purser to telepathically project his own voice - so, when Mumsy does speak, it is literally with the Purser's voice.  That said, Purser for the most part lets Mumsy's shotgun do the talking.

xtW8Z6t.jpg

Rulewise, he's a cultist aspiring champion with a shotgun.

I've also begun work on the first of the "outside crew" - those member's of the Emperor's Bounty whose job is to do those repairs and other work in the hard vaccum of space.  They have their own insular society and are included on the raiding team by necessity not out of trust.  Here's their squad support, who as of yet remains unnamed.

xgVMxjc.jpg

I'm really happy with the white hard vac suit (it will be dirtied up more when the figure is finished) but I'm not happy with the cloth portions and am really looking for some advice.  Any suggestions?

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui