+ Imperial Fists legion reborn +

ST.Lazarus

• 2 weeks later...

Love the use of the old school pre heresy ‘executioners’ style axes zone mortalis honor on his tilt plate! Great work reimagining the blade guard to fit your armies aesthetic!

Thanks mate. It was a bit of a difficult one, but I have wanted to use the gorgon terminator axes for something for a long time.

Fan-tas-tic! Shoulder pads are indeed great and add a lot of character.

How did you make studs on the greave?

Thank you, the spiked shoulderpads looked better in real life than I thought they would so I'm very happy with them.  The studs are 1mm Round Head Rivets from Zinge industries. 

Finishing up the second invictor today and I have started work on the second two bladeguards, next week my land speeders should arrive so I want to at least have started on the bladeguards until then. 

The second Invictor is done will get some pictures of it today but until then here is a wip closeup.

Finished converting the next two bladeguards and another turret for the gladiator lancer. The plan is to get the bladguards basecoated today and then make a backpack for the techmarine.

xopogqys2zj51.jpg

As my Impulsor bits still hasn't arrived I decided to put my focus on making some primaris landspeeders. Going by the picture of the new primaris ones they look like  they took inspiration form the Javelin attack speeders. I really like the old school look so I have started converting some forge world phobos pattern ones, I will avoid glueing the weapons in place to keep some flexibility but 12 multi melta shoots for a squadron looks tasty.

nmnuvhkj8sk51.jpg

I really like "the feel" of your minis. You managed to make guys hoping around in yellow armor look "dangerous".

One question, what size were the beads you used for your "mark IV" armor?

ah, primarinading the HH speeder there huh?

Looking like great start already

Some called me a mad man.

Neat. Looking forward to seeing it complete.

Are you planning it as an actual speeder or an equivalent to that go-cart we got previewed some time ago?

I'm keeping the options open, the base idea is to do the classical speeder as my army needs 12 fast multi melta shoots. But I'm curious to see the new primaris speeder and what weapon options it have and if it would work for it. Somone suggested the Invader ATV but I have another plan for that one.

I really like "the feel" of your minis. You managed to make guys hoping around in yellow armor look "dangerous".

One question, what size were the beads you used for your "mark IV" armor?

Thanks mate, that makes me very happy to hear. That were the challenge, I've seen few Imperial Fist armies that I actually like the look off. As yellow is hard people are to careful when working with it so you get a unnaturally clean look and it doesn't feel "real". I've always been a fan of the forgeworld pseudo historical look and it's from there and classical historical scale models where I draw my inspiration. 

The beads are 1mm round headed rivets from zinge industries.

Those Invictors look great, well brilliant really, everything else looks great. I love the grittiness - given it is such a bright primary colour that is very well executed. 

So much so I went to order one, but the shipping to UK was nearly 50% more than the item, and I refuse to pay more for shipping than the item...so I ordered two as the shipping was the same :smile.:

You should get commision :wink:

When I do eventually do some Silver Templars I'll enjoy building a Lazarus-pattern Invictor Warsuit. Especially as I have spare Icarus cannons as well.

And who doesn't like extra bonding studs? I'll need to consider using my Grandt Line rivets on my Primaris now and not just HH Iron Warriors.

Lovely work.

Edited by Marius Perdo

That blade guard is really mancing, the pose and blade in particular are really well executed ;)

Is it a custom axe? Look like powermaul + force halberd? The black housing on the blade (,incl. Serial no. - nice touch) gives it a further sense of realism, I love that the powered portion is purely on the cutting edge.

Those Invictors look great, well brilliant really, everything else looks great. I love the grittiness - given it is such a bright primary colour that is very well executed. 

So much so I went two order one, but the shipping to UK was nearly 50% more than the item, and I refuse to pay more for shipping than the item...so I ordered two as the shipping was the same :smile.:

You should get commision :wink:

When I do eventually do some Silver Templars I'll enjoy building a Lazarus-pattern Invictor Warsuit. Especially as I have spare Icarus cannons as well.

And who doesn't like extra bonding studs? I'll need to consider using my Grandt Line rivets on my Primaris now and not just HH Iron Warriors.

Lovely work.

Thanks mate. Getting the Imperial Fists to look like they could exists outside of the tabletop is the true challenge, but that is the fun part of making this army. 

People have contacted me about commissions, specially for doing ZABDI pattern centurions but I have a well paying ordinary job that takes up a lot of my life so my hobby time is precious.  

Makes me really happy to hear, I have finished the second Invictor and will try to get some pictures of it today. Maybe it will help with some extra inspiration. I'm looking forward to seeing yours, Silver Templars are an interesting army to me as their color scheme has a lot of potential. 

I think the bonding studs helps to give the model more mass and helps to add mass to the model. The primaris line is great but small things like the bonding studs really changes the overall feel of the models. 

Excellent bladeguard. I think he might be my favourite bladeguard conversion I’ve seen. Awesome choice of bits from the pads to the axe to the helmet.

Thanks mate, appreciate it! I wasn't planning to do bladeguards but I had that axe in the back of my mind for something and finally all of the parts just came together. 

That blade guard is really mancing, the pose and blade in particular are really well executed :wink:

Is it a custom axe? Look like powermaul + force halberd? The black housing on the blade (,incl. Serial no. - nice touch) gives it a further sense of realism, I love that the powered portion is purely on the cutting edge.

Thanks mate, his two friends are on the way and I think one of them has a pose that tops this one.

It's a 30k Iron Hands gorgon terminator axe. It's my favourite power weapon in 40k as it doesn't just look like the medieval equivalent but like it's own thing, the paint job inspiration came from the gundam Zaku heat hawks. For me 40k is supposed to thread a fine line between sci fi and the Gothic/fantasy aesthetic, often it strays to far in either direction. Apologist in his different projects is the true master of walking that thin line.

Second Urban combat Invictor. Tried some new things with the blast damage and it turned out better than I thought it would.  Will force myself to continue work on the bladeguards, I just want to paint tanks right now and the landspeeders but I need to finish one unit at a time.

ja2p5kazp5l51.jpg?width=1564&format=pjpg

juyq3zvzp5l51.jpg?width=1564&format=pjpg

Great project, the subtle brutalization of the usually cheerful Fists' scheme works very well. Making Invictors that look cool is also quite a feat pulled off nicely here, those ERA bricks suit them nicely.

Thanks mate. Space Marines should be brutality personified, when they get deployed the situation is dire and they are so mission orientated that nothing gets in the way of victory.  

Loving everything in here. Might crib some of the stuff here for my Dark Angels :yes:

One comment though, your Master of Signals Lieutenant:

Ägir Toddt Master of the signal 5th assault Company Imperial Fist.

+++Assault on the Hypatos palace +++ Moon of Kerioth +++

ta19i6fdumt41.jpg

Wouldn't it have made more sense for him to have a Stalker Bolt rifle? Since the Master of Signals is supposed to be in the back sending command relays?

Loving everything in here. Might crib some of the stuff here for my Dark Angels :yes:

One comment though, your Master of Signals Lieutenant

Wouldn't it have made more sense for him to have a Stalker Bolt rifle? Since the Master of Signals is supposed to be in the back sending command relays?

Thanks mate. 

I went with this description in mind when building the model;

"A Master of the Signal will commonly be attached to the forward elements of an Adeptus Astartes assault, providing communications support across the wider warzone..."

This army is supposed to be a spear tip mechanized element fighting against the Kiroth hive militia hordes so massed firepower is the order of the day. Once my resin buts for the Impulsors get here it will make more sense. 

Number two looks great too.

Regards commision, I didn't mean painting (although you could) but the fact if not for you I wouldn't have seen the popgoesthemonkey add ons, let alone known who made them, to be able to buy any, so they owe you :wink: 

It will be a while until I do some Silver Templars and then I saw some of the stuff they get in WD 456 and inspiration is striking...you are definitely making me think gritty primaris marines whenever I do eventually do any.

Edited by Marius Perdo

Awesome works!

Thanks mate!

I really really loved the new heavy Intercessors and it looks more and more like my Impulsor resin bits are 2 months+ away so I'm rethinking how I will proceeded with this army. The new plan is to do a core of heavy infantry backed up with support units and vehicles. With that I'm going to refine the way I have been doing my Fists and incorporating the lessons I have learned so far. 

With that here is a awful picture of a WIP Eradicator using some new techniques.  Will set up the Photo tent tomorrow to get some better pictures. 

eb1qkiuxpzm51.jpg