+ Imperial Fists legion reborn +

ST.Lazarus

Looks good, but shouldn't it read, "To your glory and the glory of Him on TERRA" (emphasis mine)?

One would think that but no, the official battle cry says Earth. Why? that is makes for some fun speculation.

Edited by ST.Lazarus

• 1 month later...

Have finally made a gravis focused list that I'm happy with and agressors are back on the menue, added some details to the chaingun and now I feel happy with it. The current plan is to finish a hald done inceptor and  then do a Heavy intercessor and Agressor as a test before moving on to more inceptors.

co4n8z5rxsl61.jpg

• 1 month later...

During almost all of 8th I used a off the shelf "Templar coins" for keeping track of objectives, command points and such things. I wanted something similar for my Imperial Fists and couldn't find any that matched the look and style I wanted so I had some coins made; 43mm all metal.

173175009_10159816840966264_506761908576

174369493_10159816840996264_810538505839

Please don't ask where I had them made as I don't want to get him into trouble with GW.

• 3 weeks later...

In the isolated reaches of the dark Imperium something from an age of myth stirs.

Inceptor sternhelm sergant, as my force is supposed to represent a primaris force cut of from the Imperium and the standard supply lines but also cut of from the supervision of the highlords they use a bit more low tech weapons . The reaper autocannon here is a stand in for the plasma exterminators, using forbidden ammo technology usually only found in the hands of the deathwatch.

Defeat allows no explanation, victory need none.

Please excuse the low quality of the photos, I don't know what went wrong and didn't notice until I had packed away the photo studio.

2nfu0vj49qw61.jpg?width=1564&format=pjpg40llqmf49qw61.jpg?width=1564&format=pjpgf228ttn49qw61.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

As someone who works with painted steel for a living (mostly IF yellow coincidentally!), I find your paint damage most impressive and realistic! How did you achieve it?

Thanks mate. It's built up using sponge chipping going: Dryad bark -> dorn yellow -> lead belcher and the cleaned up by brush and a final layer of chrome is added to the most worn areas. 

Very nice conversion!

And as always I find it delightful to look at your weathering and application of decals.

The way you paint the glow in the engines is fantastic too. Could I bother you for a step-by-step description of your approach? 

Thanks mate appreciate it, I always get a bit embarrassed when doing step by steps as my techniques are quite simple as otherwise I would never get done :sweat:

It's: base of army painter pure red -> Vallejo light orange -> GW fire dragon bright -> Dorn yellow. The trick is to do some sloppy wet blending with the two orange colors. I'm not spending much time on the exhaust as they mostly get painted for my sake as people don't notice them on the table.  If it's on more noticeable parts of models I add another layer of dark red and darker orange. 

• 2 months later...

Congratulations and welcome back! :D
Very nice job on the Heavy Intercessors! I like the extra bits you have added. The bit on the Heave Bolter is perhaps my favourite - i't nice you found a purpose for those particular Inceptor's bits. 

Congratulations and welcome back! :biggrin.:

Very nice job on the Heavy Intercessors! I like the extra bits you have added. The bit on the Heave Bolter is perhaps my favourite - i't nice you found a purpose for those particular Inceptor's bits. 

Thank mate, It is such a nice heavy bolter to begin with but I wanted to add something to make it a bit more diffrent from the heavy bolt rifles. 

Congrats on your diploma! 

And those are some truly epic Imperial Fists; love the green parts on the helmets.

Thank you, I 'm very happy with how it turned out as I find that marine colors have a tendency to be limited to the heraldic one, metal and black so it helps to break that trinity.