PA6: Saga of the Beast Discussion

Kaldoth

It's the oddity of the system that (on 5 attacks) assuming no exploding hits he can drop 5 guardsmen or a knight...

It's one thing in AoS that I like is whereby damage spills over.

That said, the article amused me it was fun. All it needed to be. I shared it on Facebook and Crikey, people went nuts...

He would be absolutely feared if his damage spilled over.  It's a shame he wasn't the exception to the rule. 

It's the oddity of the system that (on 5 attacks) assuming no exploding hits he can drop 5 guardsmen or a knight...

That said, the article amused me it was fun. All it needed to be. I shared it on Facebook and Crikey, people went nuts...

If I can punch really, really super hard, I might be able to damage a Knight, but no matter how hard I punch you it won't make that guy standing next to you get punched.

If I can punch really, really super hard, I might be able to damage a Knight, but no matter how hard I punch you it won't make that guy standing next to you get punched.

Oh I don't know, ghaz is that big he could swing a punch through a bunch of dudes - Sauron and lord of the rings springs to mind?

Regardless, I love the model and rules. Can't wait to paint him

Just can't decide on army colours or classic Goff. Don't know if I can bring myself to paint him army colours...

I don't like damage spilling over. Ghaz should have a "sweep" attack, like S:User AP:-2 D:1, but makes 3 hit rolls with for every attack.

By the way, look what I have:

med_gallery_14776_14675_10025.jpg

Ghaz is HUGE.

I don't disagree.

More importantly, very nice!!!!

Enjoy it dude. What you going with for pose and colours? Nice :D

Oh I don't know, ghaz is that big he could swing a punch through a bunch of dudes - Sauron and lord of the rings springs to mind?

Regardless, I love the model and rules. Can't wait to paint him

Just can't decide on army colours or classic Goff. Don't know if I can bring myself to paint him army colours...

As Toaae says, that's what "sweep" profiles are for. A hit roll should mean that that particular attack hit. Otherwise, you end up with weirdness like why only the first guys armour matters, and the "overspill" guy is just assumed to have his armour fail too, and why does a sweep from Ghaz always kill the same number of guardsmen.

EDIT: Regarding colour, I think I'll have him in Goff colours if I ever do get him, I'll just make sure to have some totally-not-stolen-Goff gear on some of my Deathskulls, or just in a Goff detachment.

Edited by Lord_Caerolion

I don't like damage spilling over. Ghaz should have a "sweep" attack, like S:User AP:-2 D:1, but makes 3 hit rolls with for every attack.

By the way, look what I have:

med_gallery_14776_14675_10025.jpg

Ghaz is HUGE.

Please do a good size comparison shot of ghaz.

There's been no good ones.

My box looks like it's being picked up today for delivery *fingers crossed*

Edited by Triszin

For anyone curious about size comparisons, found this floating around the Faceblorks:

91132707_2792720357476308_62764996955146

Really wasn't expecting a GW Ghaz to be on the same scale as Artel W's Ironboss, but here we are.

Wow...

Just read the fluff from saga of the beast. For a saga about the Beast I've no idea where ghaz is or what he's up to. It's generic, doesn't advance the story bar the fact there's a great waaagh.

I didn't expect resolution but I kinda expected some discussion of ghaz bar his datasheet entry. Very disappointed I'm afraid. The rules section I love but the fluff was more of a let down that the thrones final season :(

Noone can spoil anything because nothing happens!!!

Wow...

Just read the fluff from saga of the beast. For a saga about the Beast I've no idea where ghaz is or what he's up to. It's generic, doesn't advance the story bar the fact there's a great waaagh.

I didn't expect resolution but I kinda expected some discussion of ghaz bar his datasheet entry. Very disappointed I'm afraid. The rules section I love but the fluff was more of a let down that the thrones final season :sad.:

Noone can spoil anything because nothing happens!!!

That's basically been how all the Psychic Awakening books have been, just a rough overview of "these are what these factions are getting up to now", and in the case of the Blood of the Phoenix the fluff of the battle between Jain Zar and Drazhar wasn't in the main book, but the fluff book included in the box set. The same thing has probably happened has probably happened here. Saga of the Beast has fluff on the general status of Orks and Space Wolves in the galaxy, and Prophecy of the Wolf contains the details of the fight between Ragnar/Ghazgkull.

so I finished the audio drama.

the fight was decent

Ghaz and ragnar both had the same "vision" that ended with both of them going black.

Ghaz ordered the fleet not to fire on the single wolf ship.

Ghaz shared his vision with Mad doc, ghaz alluded to his demise, but not his demise.

mad doc got to work on something new for ghaz, at the same time ordered orks to kill the wolves if they find them to prevent it.

Ghaz spoke in High gothic (latin), that terrified a priest, and left him alive for ragnar to find, to tell ragnar exactly where he was.

Ghaz also spoke low gothic.

Tsons were aware of the prophecy and tried to stop it. people are inferring this as Tsons wanting to keep orks surpressed, but this felt like another reason. ( my guess, wolftime)

Ghaz fought Wulfen, ragnar, ragnar's wolves at the same time.

Ghaz cut the wulfen in half.

Ragnars dogs nipped at his feet, before ghaz had mega nobs appear and his wolves died killing a bunch of them.

ragnar and ghaz were both monologueing in this fight.

Ghaz repeatedly states, in the beginning middle and end of the drama that this is the start.

( basically this fight is a catalyst that evolves ghaz, and kicks off ghaz's beast waagh, and probably restarts the galactic waagh network thing )

they are both pummeling each other, ragnars armor is done, blood everywhere, pistons and cuts on ghaz.

Ghaz eggs ragnar on, ragnar jumps, ghaz catches him with his claw and as he crushes ragnar cuts off his arm.

Ragnar manages to get his one arm free and rams his frost sword through ghaz's broken armor into his neck.

Ghaz's last words were " This... This is how it starts" and "(died) smiling".

Ragnar "dies" next to ghaz.

-----------------------------------

then the audio drama ended.

from here in the PA we know Maddoc after this fight found ghaz and recovered him and re-stiched him together.

honestly getting your head cut off as an ork isnt that bad.

Ragnar is rescued by another space wolf force

I think ghaz spoke Perfect High gothic.

Edited by Triszin

The more I look at Nu-Ghaz the less I like that model. :huh.: 

GW should have lead with that Audio Drama instead of just saying Ghaz and Ragnar just killed each other and came back. 
The plot is actually interesting and maybe even good "world building".  Sound like we lave a lot to look forward to over the coming years.