PA6: Saga of the Beast Discussion

Kaldoth

The thing is, what else could these other Kultures be that aren't already existing as Oddboyz or special organizations? Good with vehicles? Those are just Meks. Sneaky? Kommandos/Blood Axes. Better organized? Stormboyz. Good with a certain type of weapon? Tankbustaz/Burnas/Lootas, etc.

Plus, one of the cool things about Orks in previous editions, and still somewhat present in the fluff, is that they don't tend towards mono-clan armies. Sure, they'll have a dominant one, but there'll be a few hangers-on, some Goffs following the Bad Moon Warboss along waiting for a good fight, some Evil Sunz wanting to ride in that Bad Moon juiced-up Battlewagon, and some Deathskulls skulking around waiting for everyone to be distracted.

Personally I'd much rather have an extra rule for your kultur if you're going mono-kultur. Getting the ability to make kustom kulturs is fine and I don't want going mono-kultur being better than mixing and matching but as of right now it's just strictly worse. As others have noted above Orks often have a blend of clans when going into battle but that doesn't really translate all that well onto the tabletop IMO just due to scale. When you have thousands/millions of orks in that warband then claiming that a couple of percent of them are from different clans is easy but the armies we play with in 40k are much more akin to skirmishes and having 2 or more clans just ends up looking odd then IMO (milage may vary).

If I had to guess what we end up getting then it's kustom kultur rules, a new stratagem for each existing clan, 6 new relics and a couple of new psychic powers and warlord traits. Then of course Ghaz & Makari (and potentially rules and models for completely new units). Overall, even in pretty modest expectations we ork players are pretty likely to end up with a decent haul. I seriously doubt we get anything like GK got but we don't really need to either.

Give me a strat that lets me put two warlord traits on my warlord, give grots (or at least killa kanz) something. I hope warbikers gain something when they advance (invuln/-1 to hit) and something when they charge (+1 to wound/AP-1). Make planes speed freekz. 

Knowing GW the existing Kulturs themselves probably won't change until we get a new codex, and considering that the current Kulturs are mostly one trait each I doubt Saga of the Beast will cut them up to make some "build your own" for us.

What is more likely is we get the same treatment as Spikey Marines in their PA: 5 new warlord traits; 5 new relics; a handful of new stratagems, and a name generator for EACH existing Clan.

Knowing GW the existing Kulturs themselves probably won't change until we get a new codex, and considering that the current Kulturs are mostly one trait each I doubt Saga of the Beast will cut them up to make some "build your own" for us.

What is more likely is we get the same treatment as Spikey Marines in their PA: 5 new warlord traits; 5 new relics; a handful of new stratagems, and a name generator for EACH existing Clan.

I would like to see more stratagems, relics, and warlord traits for each clan, and I think that would be better than kustom clans (unless they were really OP). Especially if it could bring improve the power level of Goffs/Snakebites/Blood Axes.

(I do want to note that Evil Sunz, Blood Axes, and Deathskulls have more than one trait each)

• 2 weeks later...

Boy oh boy, does he look like a big lad. I will reiterate my standpoint that it'll be ridiculous if he's 9 wounds. Assuming that trailer is moderately accurate then he's redemptor sized.. I am glad that he's got a quad big shoota now though, hopefully it's some type of shiny gubbin because 12 shots with ork BS still isn't much at those stats. So maybe AP-1 and D2 as well?

I'm going to guess

Monster, character
Dmg reduction of 1, to as low as 1
3++ invul5+ fnp
Hp 14-18

I fully suspect ghaz will be able to 1v1 a knight, and just smash armigers

I'd say his gun will be assault 8-12 so str 6 -2 dam 1.

Or, just literally the main gun on the boom dakka, assault 12?

then add a regernating thing, like he gains back d2 wounds a turn or something

Edited by Triszin

Those are the types of stats I hope he's at. Regarding his gun I just think they're beefed up big shootas since that's what he's canonically armed with. In the end what truly matters is how good of a model sculpt it is of course since rules come and go, but from what little we've seen of him I can't imagine it's anything other than fantastic

ya, it looks like they merged the new orruks with mega nobz conceptully which is exactly what I always wanted.

Ork tech is: Good Enough.

- what does that mean?

Its advanced tech, but its not polished, it doesnt have an artist or aesthitic finish.

its rough, its brutal, and good enough.

like I expect ghaz to be 400~ ish points

Edited by Triszin

It wouldn't surprise me if Ghaz is S8 T7 so x3 strength on that klaw would do very little (if he's S7 then there's some utility). I assume the klaw is going to be x2 strength AP-4 D4, perhaps with a MW mechanic on wound rolls of 6's (like d3 MWs in addition) Most likely he'll krump anything without an invuln but I fear he'll struggle with stormshields and the like as I don't think he'll have 10 klaw attacks or anything. I've speculated that he might have some extra attacks he gets to do after he's attacked with his klaw, say he gets 2d6 kick attacks (similar Admechs Cawl and his mechadendrites) at S:user AP-0 and D1. That would at the very least help him against getting swamped by chaff (and feels very fluffy IMO)