PA6: Saga of the Beast Discussion

Kaldoth

I mean, I assume he still has that Goff rule so sure, but that's probably 1 extra hit. Maybe he has 6-7 attacks on the datasheet, another one if he's your warlord and exploding 6's generate another one. It's certainly not bad but giving him either a sweep attack option with the klaw or just extra stomp attacks doesn't feel like it's asking too much. 

He doesn't look like someone to be tied down by a squad of guardsmen willing to plonk down 2cp for insane bravery

It wouldn't surprise me if Ghaz is S8 T7 so x3 strength on that klaw would do very little (if he's S7 then there's some utility). I assume the klaw is going to be x2 strength AP-4 D4, perhaps with a MW mechanic on wound rolls of 6's (like d3 MWs in addition) Most likely he'll krump anything without an invuln but I fear he'll struggle with stormshields and the like as I don't think he'll have 10 klaw attacks or anything. I've speculated that he might have some extra attacks he gets to do after he's attacked with his klaw, say he gets 2d6 kick attacks (similar Admechs Cawl and his mechadendrites) at S:user AP-0 and D1. That would at the very least help him against getting swamped by chaff (and feels very fluffy IMO)

Just for prosperity I want it to do x3.

That's off screen round 1 between rag and ghaz.

We know Orks can fight with half a head, sometimes there bodies keep fighting without a head. There Orks, so I don't find it to be a big deal.

Ghaz ripped off Ragnar arm, broke his neck and repeatedly punched ragnars armor so hard it dented inward.

Lore is ok~ not great, but it was mentioned Ragnar went for the kill iregardless if it killed him in doing it.

I think this is settinh up for a saint yarrick vs ghaz vs angron on armegeddon

I'm also wondering where all this Ghaz/Ragnar lore comes from. What's the actual source material?

There's only one thing I'm not too keen on on the model, and that's the size of Ghaz himself. Maybe it's because there isn't really a good example of a size comparison yet, but is it just me or by the looks of it is Ghaz's actual body about as big as a space marine under all that armor? I expected him to be bigger than that. Then again it could just be the photos. Won't have a real idea of his body proportions until I see the model in person.

Regardless, he appears to be as big as (if not bigger than) girlyman. I'm definitely expecting a primary level stat line with some kind of super FNP mechanic.

I've read some opinions like that, regarding his size, and I'm just perplexed where it comes from. His two exposed thighs are HUGE, seemingly about 3/4ths as broad as a primaris's chest. Also, they are long, from his covered hip to knee, especially when you consider that Orks have relatively short legs. His torso behind his head is massive, and the exposed arms are monstrous!

Sunday the 15th is (hopefully) the day we get Ghaz vs Ragnar as the preview of what goes up on preorder the 21st confirmed. The actual rules articles and leaks will most likely fall in between those two dates, meaning 16th-20th. I can't recall GW ever putting up rules articles on the preview date, though I suppose they might if it's in response to a leak.

Sadly I am tempted to buy the boxed set keep Ghaz and Makari and sell the rest on Ebay as I have no one to split this box up with. (As long as I can get this set at a discount from Bitz Boyz.)  WLK is still trying to sell off his 40K wolves collection last time I heard so he's out. Baaaahhhhh!

Edited by Warhead01

I've read some opinions like that, regarding his size, and I'm just perplexed where it comes from. His two exposed thighs are HUGE, seemingly about 3/4ths as broad as a primaris's chest. Also, they are long, from his covered hip to knee, especially when you consider that Orks have relatively short legs. His torso behind his head is massive, and the exposed arms are monstrous!

It comes from the lore, Orks grow every-time they win fights and battles and wars and there is no known limit to how big they can grow, so Orks that head great WAAAGGH!s are ginormous.  Ghaz' size has never been confirmed but his older models are relatively short considering he's heading one of the biggest WAAAGH's ever.  Wait to see how big the Nobz are if the rumour engine is what I hope.

Edited by TorvaldTheMild

It comes from the lore, Orks grow every-time they win fights and battles and wars and there is no known limit to how big they can grow, so Orks that head great WAAAGGH!s are ginormous.  Ghaz' size has never been confirmed but his older models are relatively short considering he's heading one of the biggest WAAAGH's ever.  Wait to see how big the Nobz are if the rumour engine is what I hope.

Yes, I know. I'm saying that he is ginormous, and it isn't just the armor.

It comes from the lore, Orks grow every-time they win fights and battles and wars and there is no known limit to how big they can grow, so Orks that head great WAAAGGH!s are ginormous. Ghaz' size has never been confirmed but his older models are relatively short considering he's heading one of the biggest WAAAGH's ever. Wait to see how big the Nobz are if the rumour engine is what I hope.

What you hoping for or thinking?

I like how large Ghaz is it is reminiscent of the cover art for codex Armageddon. Kinda wish they had posed him with his Klaw up in the air to make him look even larger.

Joys of plastic, you may well be able to depending on the joins/ build. Fingers crossed!

It comes from the lore, Orks grow every-time they win fights and battles and wars

Not sure that’s quite how it works. Orks grow before challenges to other Orks for leadership positions, but I don’t think there’s ever been anything about them getting larger by winning wars and such.

I was fairly sure that the more an Ork fights the more it grows was lore. 

08d31f80.jpg

I'm thinking I will square off the chest plate, knee plates and shoulder guards..and every other spot that can be 'fixed" to look more like a Metal MANZ. 
I like the Klaws on the feet but once again the horn placement isn't good. I would like to move them to below the Iron Gob as in the cover ate I mentioned.
They got so cloee but I really feel like they missed the mark with Ghaz. To AoS To rounded. With luck maybe that can be corrected.
Just noticed the Gob is too small as well.  
This is what happens when you don't let the Orks drive the car. It's a poor interpretation of Ghaz by a human who has only heard him described second hand, or something. 

Edited by Warhead01