New units announced at Las Vegas Open

You know our forum is not expecting anything new when you see the explosion of units we're getting on the main forum and not a single post here :tongue.: Awaken my rusty fellow priests, it is time to open the windows and allow the incense into the room.

From the post here we are getting two new duel model sets.

Some cyber... things? "Serberys Sulphurhounds and their skirmishing brethren, the Serberys Raiders"

31323e82.jpg

bb03b7e2.jpg

And some flying... rustalkers? "Pteraxii"

f3e89a16.jpg

c6249b98.jpg

And finally looks like we are going to be in the last Psychic Awakening book Engine War alongside Imperial Knights, Chaos Deamons and Chaos Knights. The new units along with our flyer will be released along side.

970f25a3.jpg

Edited by Black_Knight

Love the quirky theme they been hitting lately on the admech, the models are idiotic but amazing lol.  Love the riders especially, the flamethrower horse head is the most bizarre thing I have seen in a while 40k wise.

Curious what the flamer thing on the winged guy is.  Pretty likely they can deepstrike, and I can't see adding a unique flamer weapon on a deepstriker that would be out of range on entry on a new model being produced FOR 8th rules.

Love the quirky theme they been hitting lately on the admech, the models are idiotic but amazing lol.  Love the riders especially, the flamethrower horse head is the most bizarre thing I have seen in a while 40k wise.

Curious what the flamer thing on the winged guy is.  Pretty likely they can deepstrike, and I can't see adding a unique flamer weapon on a deepstriker that would be out of range on entry on a new model being produced FOR 8th rules.

Totally agree, but one correction - its dogs, not horses

Love the quirky theme they been hitting lately on the admech, the models are idiotic but amazing lol. Love the riders especially, the flamethrower horse head is the most bizarre thing I have seen in a while 40k wise.

Curious what the flamer thing on the winged guy is. Pretty likely they can deepstrike, and I can't see adding a unique flamer weapon on a deepstriker that would be out of range on entry on a new model being produced FOR 8th rules.

Probably be an incendine combustor, like the dakka bots can take

The bottom left flying guy has what looks like a flachette rifle based on the magazine..so maybe a mid to close range harassing unit

0OlPiuW.png

Actually four of them have same flechette rifles, and alpha has taser goat + flechette blaster

Edit: So that means there will be alot of guns in this kit :smile.:

Edit2: Also it'll be kit of 5, not of 3 as I was feared with preview post

Edited by Hasuro

Well...I think I need to get used to them first. These guys are indeed weird. The birdmen look consistent, the ranger riders are okay too, but the phosphor gunslingers on flamer dinos require some getting used to.

As for the estimated rules - I do hope that skitarii get more resilient, and a bit more firepower. These guns all look S3/S4, and the models are probably not the most resilient ones on the market.

I am hoping for some scout / flank shenanigans for the riders. Teh Serberys Sulphurhounds look like they are equiped to flush enems out of cover with flamers and phosphor weapons. The Serberys Raiders look a bit boring, but since I cant see any use for 2W Rangers with 12" movement I guess they will have another selling point that is not obvious.

It is nice to see that we evolved from "we just walk to war by foot" to an army that has transports, flyers, jumpy dudes and some steeds. This will help a lot!

At the moment I think there might be much more.

1. There are only Skitarii units lately, nothing for Cult.

2. The transport capacity of the flyer feels odd. No one will remove guns from this thing just to be able to transport 5 E-Priests or Skitarii. There must be something else worth taking to the front in a unit of just 5.

So the question is, will these units be released alongside our PA book (which would be the biggest army upgrade in any PA book so far), or will there be a Codex shortly?

So the question is, will these units be released alongside our PA book (which would be the biggest army upgrade in any PA book so far), or will there be a Codex shortly?

You know, the article explicitly says that all the rules (including the flyer) are in our PA, and that one will come in April. Just bury any hopes of a v2 codex, it is written black on white that this is our "supplement" to get things up to speed...

And that's what I've called before - BA were a prime example how GW could add buckets of units without needing another codex, and we have waaaaay less units on the way than what was added in the BA PA. Lucky us, they shoved IK (which many of us have) into the same PA, and it's right on the heels of the known PAs.

Edited by MajorNese

A thought I've had for a while - with current releases on the way, how about we generate some actual presence on this year's ETL?

What we've had on the Raven Guard forum last year was fun - an unofficial buildup event as preparation to up the hype. Similar to ETL, but with building stuff instead of painting it.

That way we had a considerable supply of ready-to-paint models when ETL started.

Upside, it aligns nicely with our releases coming in April, and ETL starting June/July IIRC.

You know our forum is not expecting anything new when you see the explosion of units we're getting on the main forum and not a single post here :tongue.:

To be fair, I took one look at the new models and my hype generator overloaded and I've been trying to get it back online since!

I'm glad we got the fast attack wave sorted, but where am I going to store these things? I was looking for a storage cabinet last night, I think that might have to carry on with that train of thought.

You know what I love about the cavalry and the birdmen? No Heavy Stubbers! We have some cool new weapons based on the exotic tech that made our army cool in the first place. I love the dual-wielding phosphor guy and the rifles... and... and... *loud bang with sparks* Great, the hype generator just shorted out again...

wood for the fire we might get create your own forge rules as well like the nids and dark eldar/eldar

very eciting times for me the ranger riders look amazing "just riding around mars putting down stray servitors" kinda way 

or as cav screen for dune riders

So we see a unit armed exclusively with Phosphor weaponry. Do you think they will get rules to designate targets like they used to have? It makes sense for a fast skirmishing unit to advance up the board and mark targets for the ranged part of the army to capitalize on? It looks like that's the Vanguard aspect of the cavalry and the other option appears more like Rangers with the long coats and longer guns. I don't know my way around 8th edition so my guesses are probably inaccurate but in will be interesting to find out.

You know, the article explicitly says that all the rules (including the flyer) are in our PA, and that one will come in April. Just bury any hopes of a v2 codex, it is written black on white that this is our "supplement" to get things up to speed...

True, was to excited to read the text carefully :whistling:

Can't wait to see some rules. For example I want to see what role the Bird-Men have compared to Infiltrators, both look like a squishi harassment unit with anti infantry weapons. Hope there will be no redundance.

Hopefully the bird men are actually interesting with their weapons. I'm hoping for some anti tank abilities with either the flamer thing doubling as a fusion pike or some such.

Also the guy with what seems to be a flechette rifle appears to have a bunch of stick grenades on its belt. With luck one of these options will make them viable to do more than clear hordes.

Love the riders especially, the flamethrower horse head is the most bizarre thing I have seen in a while 40k wise.

Probably it's spewing acid, since they're called "sulphur dogs" :). Hmmm, maybe the flamer on the winged guy actually has longer range because the barrel of the flamer is quite long, I don't know :turned:

Sisters Seraphim... hand flamers  - 6" range!

There is a strat that makes them range 12" to shoot when they deploy in the movement phase, and whilst the unit is able to shoot again in the shooting phase the hand flamers (and inferno pistols) are out of range

I could see them being 8" range with a strat to make them 12/14" on deployment from deep strike the same as seraphim.

I'm a big fan of the metal horsies. I do like the steampunk theme.

The name is just weird, and doesn't seem to be in theme... Serberys? Pronounced: "Sir-Berries"?  I dunno, maybe I'm misspronouncing. Wouldn't be the first time.

The winged stuff and copter look okay, I just absolutely hate their new standard for flying stands. After painting 2 marine armies I just topped using those crappy plastic twigs, and started mounting the models on the base with pinning to keep it dynamic. The problem is 1) this is time consuming, and 2) I don't think it'll work for the hugely dynamic legs/poses of the flying Skitarrii. 

Another big negative for me is transport. These are going to be really difficult to take in any form of economy travel bag. Most of my stuff is Battlefoam, and between the plastic twig bases and the wings, I foresee a lot of breakage in my future. I'm not sure what the solution is there.

Still I'm looking very forward to those horsies but I did have to ask myself what kind of role they will fill. Are these just speedy Skitarii with shooting attributes? Or are they CC units? And if they want to move these boxes, it makes you wonder what will happen to Dragoons.